2ManySpams

To be fair, the brass plates have different numbers, otherwise I agree. At least Bulleid had the imagination to think 'outside the box'. (Ducks for cover)

In much the same way that Clive Sinclair thought 'outside the box' to amaze and beguile us with the C5. (Runs for cover).

Incidentally, the 28xx, 29xx, 40xx, 49xx and 68xx all have the same boiler, of course: the Standard No. 1. Now that's design engineering at its most innovative, simplest and best - and all those years ago!

Cheers,

BR(W).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah,  a man who know his GWR locos!  Standard No 1 boiler was the answer I was looking for.  

For DitD lovers, my problem has not been identifying diesel loco classes, but DMU classes are a different matter; 2 or 3 windows with flat fronts......  :scratchhead:

I'll take that as an invitation to expand my increasingly popular diesel loco recognition system to cover self-powered coaches. Watch this space....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well OT I know....almost correct, but classes 10xx, 47xx, 4073, 60xx & 78xx also fit your description, but not the 'common element' in my post.......

So to redeem myself, here is another DitD:

post-17640-0-31499400-1365931363_thumb.j

Looking at the photo again of the two-window-flat-fronter, don't they look stern / grumpy with the wrap around yellow front....

Old wild west caravans ... with optional Red-Indian* arrows embedded? (* Traditional wording used, but should PC-wise be "Native American")

That Class 50 (i know because it says so on the side, the number is a bit of a give-away !) also screams "Get out of my way" with that Large Logo.

• RMweb Gold

How can the large logo scream 'Get out of the way' ??? If you were (foolish enough to be ) stood on the track, you wouldn't be able to see it...

Similary, if the loco was stuck in the wasp shed, the operators wouldn't be able to tell which was it was...

See, if it was a proper railway era, all the nice Standard 1 Boilered locos (see, I've been watching) would have the numbers on the front !

It'll be selling car insurance next.

Caravan insurance ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

How can the large logo scream 'Get out of the way' ??? If you were (foolish enough to be ) stood on the track, you wouldn't be able to see it...

Similary, if the loco was stuck in the wasp shed, the operators wouldn't be able to tell which was it was...

See, if it was a proper railway era, all the nice Standard 1 Boilered locos (see, I've been watching) would have the numbers on the front !

Caravan insurance ?

The no claims discount went up in smoke.

• RMweb Premium

OK, this may wind Damian up as it is out of era, but this shows how you well guys have captured the spirit of the location.

post-17640-0-74616600-1362821860_thumb.j

Noting that Chris is working on the Signal Box, I have a '60s print of the signal box diagram for St Blazey if it is of any use to you guys?

Could have sworn that I'd answered this but if not.... Yes, would love to see the print.

• Like 1

I'm going to take a look at Par harbour to see what's left of the Bagnall twins old home so, seeing as St Blazey is next door a trip there will be in order too. Requests for photos of features considered if any are needed? (And by that I don't mean my features!)

I'm going to take a look at Par harbour to see what's left of the Bagnall twins old home so, seeing as St Blazey is next door a trip there will be in order too. Requests for photos of features considered if any are needed? (And by that I don't mean my features!)

Photo request;

• The inside of the Par Inn.
  • A pasty with a lizard on top
  • A beer with a head on it