2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Can't tell from the photo's if the pubs open or not, it's no good gricing if the pub ain't open between trains or after bunking the depot/shed. :drinks: :sungum: :drinks: :diablo_mini: :drink_mini:

Reminds me of a trip to the KWVR many years ago. Made the mistake of going to the pub (Timothy Taylor's) first and never actually got on the train! Pub does overlook the line though.

Reminds me of a trip to the KWVR many years ago. Made the mistake of going to the pub (Timothy Taylor's) first and never actually got on the train! Pub does overlook the line though.

Sounds like a good outcome to me - good effort!!

I've just had a flash-back to a late night in a Glasgow pub a few years ago, they were serving Tim Taylors.

It was my round and I shouted from across the way "I'll av the Landlord"

Surfice to say the situation took a little sorting out afterwards.......

and it wasn't even Landlord they were serving.....

Edited by Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

Well the last few weeks have been very 'interesting / challenging' at work but now that deadline has passed. Once my work-fogged head has cleared and I've caught up on sleep I'll be properly starting this build. Yes, there will be blow by blow progress photos and I'll be more than happy to receive any prototype info from folk as my 'copper capped' library is a tad on the thin side.

I'll be starting this weekend by sneaking some time to draw up the box and work out dimensions. I've already got etched for the windows from Pat on Modelex, so will be working around those.

Well, Chris,

I've got a copy of Great Western Signalling. I was trying to pick up all the books about signalling as I thought that they might come handy one day!

It's a (1978) reprint and I remember buying it out of a box of "imperfect copies" that were being sold off for virtually nothing around thirty plus years back!

And guess why, they were extremely cheap? There's just a couple of pages that are blank and in a book of 160 pages, you'd not be too bothered about 4 white sheets of paper, would you, especially in a book that you're only going to have for occasional reference. Well, not until the day comes that somebody says that the plan YOU need is on page 83, and that's one of the 4 blank pages!

Moral of the tale - do not be a cheap-skate! I'm learning these lessons very slowly.

So, can anybody else supply Chris with a copy of page 83?

All the best,

Cheapo olde Gringo!

• Like 1

Pete, I think this is the worst news we've had for months.

First the country's in meltdown, next Spams goes Great Western, then VAT on hot pies?

Whatever next?

All the best, John.

Edited by Old Gringo

Hi Damian - keep that picture of 690 handy in case you get a visit from Mr P Dantic on your travels "Er, excuse me, but 37690 was never a St Blazey loco"....

Yes we have met the odd 'picker' on our travels over the years.

Rumour has it there were three 37's at St Blazey yesterday.

Did you get chance to catch them?

just seeing that 37 vid makes me wonder are all the loco`s on DiTD sound fitted ?

Yes they are sound fitted with various chips and sounds from South West Digital using ESU chips and Digitrains using ZIMO chips - which includes the ability to manually notch the sound independently of the loco speed. A large speaker is fitted within the fuel tanks - a picture of which featured earlier on in the thread.

Edited by Indomitable026

Whens the best time to see freight around Cornwall is Par still an active spot ?

Hopefully one of our friends from the South West can answer that.

As an 'Interfering Midlander' based in Notts I'm not aware of the day to day goings on......

Edited by Indomitable026

Whens the best time to see freight around Cornwall is Par still an active spot ?

I've pulled this across from entry in the Railways of Cornwall section, Par / St Blazey topic so not to clog up DITD to much.

The freight is basically as follows:

Mondays / Wed / Fri

Morning CDA's Fowey to Goonbarrow & return (approx 1000 dep Par on return trip)

Afternoon Fowey to Parkandillack and evening return (approx 13.20 at Par on the way down) 1900 - 2100 return

Tuesday / Thursday

3 round trips Fowey to Goonbarrow & return

Wed & Fri

0700 approx St Blazey to Parkandillack - polybulks. Wed takes fuel to Penzance afterwards. Usually back at Par 1500 - 1600.

Return as required depending on loading etc.

Thursday morning early trip to Par Harbour with Polybulks. Usually back by 1000 - 1100

Wednesday morning 05.45 Par overnight down freight.

Thursday evening / Friday evening Up loaded freight leaves BZ around 18.00, but can sometimes run early.

• Like 1