Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Oo gauge diesel drivers

With all the talk of the class 71 and the arrival of mine

Where can I find very good diesel/electric drivers to fit in these painted 60s era

Best examples if possible please

If not unpainted might be the route if so very good examples of these

Thank you

Dave

Edited by Shroomy

post-7595-0-40858700-1495349807_thumb.jpg

ModelU all the way, fantastic quality. This one is obviously too modern for your 71 but Alan has a series of BR and sectorisation era drivers, I'm sure you'll find something suitable there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Its bad enough having to perform waistline amputations on the Bachmann figures to get them to fit most loco cab seats! But a real person???? Ouch!

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Big Jim has been scanned in various poses but I think he was in his Hi Viz gear.

Some poses are in hi-viz but the driver ones are mainly in polo shirts so could be backdated if required I suppose but 60s drivers would have been in shirts back then

The driver in jonas' 66 above is 'tall paul' he has his right arm at the height of the class 66 centre console so not really suitable but there other poses we did

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I fitted Pete Goss figures in my 1960's DMU's. They come painted and unpainted, they also have their legs amputated so no work to do in that department.

www.petegpssrailwaymodelling.co.uk

Hadnt seen those - many thanks

Theres a typo in the link unfortunately ....http://www.petegossrailwaymodelling.co.uk/ is what you want

Kind regards

Phil

• Like 1

I model the blue diesel period of the early 80's and I find that most if not all of the Bachmann locos have crew members which suit me fine.  I find it strange that Bachmann doesn't sell such figures separately.  I think it's a shame that lower half amputations of perfectly good figures seems necessary!

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

I like to have a driver in both cabs of my predominantly Bachmann diesel fleet based in the BR blue era of the late 70's/early 80's. Bachmann's standard offering is a single driver in one cab only meaning I have to add a second driver of my own. Choices seem limited, am I missing something, are there other options than those I am aware of? 

I consider the Springside diesel driver too large 

I have used the Smart Models resin which are good value at around £5 for 5 although they require painting

Modelu look good but for a fleet of 20 locos, they become expensive

Pete Goss 4 painted drivers for £12 look good and I am tempted to try these

What other options do I have?