CANNS INTERSELLING TRADERS - aka Bridestowe Model Shop

Andy Y

My attention has been brought to this trader who has a website (and ebay store) selling Bachmann Europe products.

Canns Interselling Traders are not an approved retailer (with premises and public opening) and therefore any Bachmann products purchased, even if new, are not covered by warranty. If any customer has any problems you would have statutory recourse with the seller, but not the manufacturer.

No address is given on the trading website but is believed to be operating from Bickleigh, nr. Okehampton although no landline number is given or any contact email address.

Edit - 12 November 2019

I have removed subsequent posts as time and circumstances have moved on. For a period of time Canns Models Limited was a Bachmann stockist in 2018 and was listed as a stockist on Bachmann's website. I am currently advised that Canns are not trading from the address that was given of Canns Models, 1A  Fore Street, Bickleigh,  Okehampton, Devon, EX20 4EL . Bachmann will be removing the entry from their stockist list imminently. The proprietor, Adam Cann, will be advising me when a new trading address is available. The website https://cannsmodelsltd.co.uk/ does not quote any trading address.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I ordered several items in their Accura sale earlier in the week and they have arrived safely. A satisfied customer.

A few checks shows the address as a house name (Bickleigh) in a group of residential properties in that postcode. In principle no reason not to run a business from a house, many people do these days. Main thing is that you get what you order!

I wonder if they take Hornby pre-orders.....:jester:

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

Plus one on what Rugged Peak said.  Placed an order bank holiday monday, had an email to say dispatched on Tuesday along with tracking info, arrived today carefully wrapped in a firm bag with styrene chips and a courtesy card.  Another satisfied customer.

I see they have a new website coming.  At the moment, they don't have much model railway stuff on it and if its the case that a physical shop is required, this might not change.  A bit cheeky for Hornby to impose such a term when they no longer have physical shops themselves....

On 07/05/2021 at 10:47, ruggedpeak said:

I ordered several items in their Accura sale earlier in the week and they have arrived safely. A satisfied customer.

Same here - items A/S sold out of some time ago

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was just about to place an order when I decided to do some quick googling, and came across a number of people who had not received orders recently. 

Has anyone had any recent experience, positive or negative? 

Just been advised by the owner that they permanently closed in November 2021 but they have not put a message to that effect on their website.

The website is still live, shows stock and orders can be placed but the owner states payments cannot be made.

Unfortunately I have received several complaints that this might be incorrect and people have been able to pay for orders since they allegedly closed down.

I have today marked the business as permanently closed in the Directory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

He is a liar basically and has been adding stock to his website during this week.

Orders can be placed, he accepts them and marks as "complete" (this is not automated and appears to be done manually). The buyer is charged at this point and then he doesn't respond to any form of contact.

Anyone who knows him or of him, please pass on that I have acquired his personal address, employer details etc and if he hasn't got in touch and/or refunded me by Wednesday I will be publishing this information, contacting his employer and paying him a visit.

Edited by ac1874
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'm following this with interest having made 2 reasonably large orders last week. Has it now been confirmed that products ordered will not be received?

Has anyone actually had any contact with Adam Cann?

Thanks

Edited by Grouse101
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Grouse101 said:

I'm following this with interest having made 2 reasonably large orders last week. Has it now been confirmed that products ordered will not be received?

Thanks

I know some people have said pay for your item over £100 with a credit card for protection, but the item I want is less than £100. Have sent an email asking to confirm availability, but with no response (so far). 

5 minutes ago, Grouse101 said:

Thanks

Pretty much I'm afraid to say.

This trader sent an email out with my regard to my order that it was completed, but with no details of posting, tracking etc.

He isn't responding to emails, taking calls or responding to telephone messages and hasn't done for some days.

His Facebook account has been deleted and a Google search reveals a marker stating "Permanently Closed", so you can draw your own conclusions.

I've spoken to Visa this morning and they were very helpful.

I'd report it to your card provider and trading standards asap as I have done.

Good luck !

I wouldn't expect a response. I've called multiple times, he never answers. I've left a voicemail with no response. I've sent two emails without response. He deleted his Facebook page whilst I was posting to it on Saturday and changed his Google listing to permanently closed. All products have now been deleted from his website. On the Dean Park facebook group there are posts saying that people are starting to report him to trading standards and action fraud, they're also submitting claims to their credit card providers. It's not looking good.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I know some people have said pay for your item over £100 with a credit card for protection, but the item I want is less than £100. Have sent an email asking to confirm availability, but with no response (so far). 

You can chargeback on goods not received, so if they don't arrive 28 days after they were due then you have a chargeback right.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, JohnR said:

If it's over £10 but under £100 card providers can use chargeback for non delivery of items.

• Informative/Useful 1

Anyone with outstanding orders, get your card issuer, PayPal etc on the case immediately. I have my refund from HSBC already and awaiting further from PayPal. The information I provided was attempts to contact along with screenshots of Google (showing permanently closed) and the website showing all stock has been pulled.

Edited by ac1874
  • Like 1

Canns Model of Okehampton – Caveat Emptor!!

I came across this vendor on line and all looked to be in order and so I ordered a Heljan GUV from their website on the 9th June 2021, it showed it was in stock at the time of placement of the order and after placing the order took it out of stock.

Their website states the following for orders and postage

We always endeavour to provide the quickest and best service possible. Standard delivery can take 2-3 working days to arrive after the date of dispatch. We cannot guarantee that all 24 hour deliveries will arrive the following day. 

Orders are shipped in order that they arrive in. Usually parcels are dispatched 24-48 from the time of the order but can take 24 hours longer at busier periods such as Christmas.

All parcels will be Tracked or Sign For, this is the safest way for both us and you the customer. 

I emailed for an update for my order on 14th and 17th June as I hadn’t received it without any response from them other than an automated email saying the order had been received and was being processed. 

I also, called them on16th June it went to voicemail and every time, no-one has returned my calls.

Eventually, on 18th June I received the following email from them

Good afternoon 

We apologise for the delay in responding and sending your order. We unfortunately had issues with our broadband as the water company decided to dig it up. 

I'm hoping parcelforce will still come today to collect and if so, you will receive a dispatch email with the tracking number. 

Again we apologise for the delay.

Kind regards,

Kelly

(sic)

OK, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and said no problem these things happen and I looked forward to receiving my order.

So, time went by and still nothing received, further emails and unanswered calls in between and then on the 30th June I received an automated email saying that they had processed the order and it was complete. I emailed them to ask if it meant it was on its way and I  got the following email from them on 1st July 

Hello Mark

Were incredibly sorry for the delay in getting back to you as well as shipping your order. BT have now fixed all of the problems and we should no longer experience any issues. 

Your parcel was collected today by Parcelforce. We will send the tracking number in due course. 

I will also get back to you will a little compensation for the delays. 

Kind regards Kelly

I emailed again on Monday 12th July to request a refund, no response, no delivery, no refund.

So I logged a complaint with my credit car company and received a full refund.

• Informative/Useful 3

After a week of waiting I sent an email to ask where my items were and went to find that the website had all the items taken down. I finally checked on here to see that I’m not alone in this which is a little bit more comforting but annoying all the same have just sent a visa dispute to my bank so hopefully will get a refund. I knew that intercity mk3’s in swallow livery for £25 were too good to be true :no:

• Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, Jack97m said:

After a week of waiting I sent an email to ask where my items were and went to find that the website had all the items taken down. I finally checked on here to see that I’m not alone in this which is a little bit more comforting but annoying all the same have just sent a visa dispute to my bank so hopefully will get a refund. I knew that intercity mk3’s in swallow livery for £25 were too good to be true :no:

I’ve no idea why people order from an unknown company with no reputation you can check, there’s hundreds of well known  model shops out there - or am I missing a trick ?

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I’ve no idea why people order from an unknown company with no reputation you can check, there’s hundreds of well known  model shops out there - or am I missing a trick ?

Because up until recently and according to available reviews, Cann models had delivered goods promptly as ordered.

Accurascale for instance, even had them listed as an authorised dealership for their range !

The sole director of this company is listed as active with Companies House.

TBH, I've had some excellent bargains from some smaller one man outlets, who's service has been excellent.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

I did check that’s the worse bit, I looked on here before I ordered on the 25th feb and the most up to date was from may 2021 saying it was a good retailer and all the reviews up to 4th March confirmed it 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1