TVNAM 2017

I know it's been very remiss of me but I haven't posted anything about the show - my apologies.

As it's less than 2 weeks away I guess you might say it's a bit late - however, better late than never.

Anyway, it is Saturday 17th June at the usual venue, from 10am to 4pm.

Admission is still £6 although I got a shock this week when I went to pay for the venue and found the cost has gone up by 50%!

Free parking and refreshments available.

Here's a list of attendees:

Layouts:

Fowlers Lake - On30

Arcadia Pennsylvania Terminal - O

Avonlea Sub - O

End of the Spur - HO

Black Diamonds Modular - On30

Florida Springs (new owner) - HO

Wiley City - HO

Rensville - HO

Utah & Colorado Mountain Rly - O

Wetern Mine - HO

Rich's Lumber - HO

Western Steel - Z

plus a new un-named layout from Chris Gilbert in HO

Traders:

Anoraks Anonymous

John Sammans

Mech Models

N Scale laser

Jason Dickie

Linda Tinker Books

Looking forward to another good day and look forward to seeing you there.

Edited by Northpoint
  • Like 5

plus a new un-named layout from Chris Gilbert in HO

Is it un-named because he hasn't built it yet.?? :jester:

Sorry I'll be AWOL again this time, especially going to miss Mr Dickie's table, but will be railfanning the real thing instead :locomotive: which I suppose I'll have to make do with as an alternative to the Show :rolleyes:

WOW!!!, 50% a big jump, when I was involved with my local show we expected a 2-3% rise a year.

Agree with Steve, hope it doesn't affect future shows, and as it's the only all American show ,it would be a miss, don't know what's the answer, more heads through the door would help, upping the door price would maybe deter people, sponsorship from local business could be away, got to try something to keep the show viable.  

This price hack will also affect the freemo event I assume, which may push it out of some peoples budget!!

Ray

The cost increase is to do with price restructuring. For those that know the venue, the small room by the entrance was always included in the cost but they have now decided to charge it separately which when it is included with the price increase earlier this year means a 50% increase on last year.

Bring "Wiley City" is my backup plan, the main intention now being to exhibit a new(ish) Yakima Valley layout that I actually started quite a few years ago and am aiming to have finished for the show.

In TVNAM terms it's probably at the "friday morning" stage, which normally wouldn't be a problem for others...

• Like 1

Bring "Wiley City" is my backup plan, the main intention now being to exhibit a new(ish) Yakima Valley layout that I actually started quite a few years ago and am aiming to have finished for the show.

In TVNAM terms it's probably at the "friday morning" stage, which normally wouldn't be a problem for others...

Looking forward to seeing it Andy.

I'll be there in visitor capacity, and Ford might be tagging along, if he's free.

Jordan, do you want me to fetch anything from Jason's stand for you pal, whilst I'm there?

Thanks for the offer, Dan. PM sent.

To be honest, I'm bringing along a bit of a timesaver layout this year, the reason I say timesaver is, Northpoint has laid the track, wired it and ballasted it.

I've just got to add a few trees, the odd building, a background, lighting and build a fiddleyard.

It's arriving this morning so there's plenty of time

This is as far as Northpoint has taken it. post-7237-0-16105800-1496821327_thumb.jpgpost-7237-0-92833800-1496821349_thumb.jpgpost-7237-0-12204900-1496821368_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

At least you look pretty much ready, I still have to get my up and running after 3 years in storage!!! I will also have a table of HO scale locos and rolling stock ranging from wagon kits at £5 to Rapido's Via Rail "The Canadian" at £1000.

Edited by NIRCLASS80

Well, with just over a week till TVNAM, it's time for Chris G to start his build! :O

Chris i'll save you a bit of time and bring the name board down with me!!!!!! :stinker:

attachicon.gifth 1.jpg

see you all there!

Ray

Ray - you may have noticed in the first photo the glue was still wet! Hopefully, it will be dry by the 17th!

Chris, will they be pine trees or palm trees. You know that you can't just substitute them. :nono:  :jester:

I love the blue supports under the layout. A place to keep your rolling stock and temporary lodging.

I'm jealous that I only get to enjoy TVNAM in New York via your postings. You look like a great bunch to play trains with.

• Like 2

Dear Mike,

I'm jealous that I only get to enjoy TVNAM in New York via your postings.

Having made the trek last year from Lands DownUnder, I exhort anyone else "not local to the area" to make a point of getting oneself there if at all possible.
It may not be the biggest "model railway exhibition" by floor area in the UK,
but it is certainly one of the best for modelling-level presented, crowd<>exhibitor interaction, and all-round "having a great time with fellow modellers" event... :-)

...and for those who _are_ "local" (within, say, 60 mile radii of Trent Valley),
or even just on the United Kingdom landmass, no excuses!

Happy Modelling,
Aim to get to TVNAM,
Prof Klyzlr

• Like 3

Looks like I will be there with a layout after all.

Alas, someone (not sure who) has had to drop out at the last moment, so I'll be taking West Allen Street to fill the gap.

It'll be for sale on the day, and I'm hoping to leave the show without it, so come see me if you're interested. Any sensible offer will be considered. :)

... I'll be taking West Allen Street to fill the gap.

It'll be for sale on the day, and I'm hoping to leave the show without it, so come see me if you're interested. Any sensible offer will be considered. :)

So if I read this correctly, you're selling the original layout? So what are all the extensions, numbers 1 through 5 I believe, going to be extensions of now, then, exactly?? :scratchhead: :mosking: ;)

:D

That made me chuckle!

I'll be selling the WAS with both the Thawne and Handy Co extensions, as that's the main layout now. The other two, extensions I have at home, which are no further along than the track laying, will be recycled into an N scale layout for home use.

Piedmont Blues will replace WAS eventually as mine and Ford's exhibition layout.

In the mean time, I'm going to work on my N scale micro layout to get that finished for any exhibitions that might want/need it.

• Like 1