Amiens 1918 - WW1 Trench Railway - 009 Exhibition Layout

SDJR7F88

Amiens 1918 all ready for action tomorrow and Sunday at the Nation Festival of Railway Modelling, Peterborough!

Pop by the BRM stand to say Hi! :)

See you tomorrow!

We're just around the corner from you, and 26 years feather on.

I'll drop by at some point.

We're just around the corner from you, and 26 years feather on.

I'll drop by at some point.

Brilliant! Will have to pop over and look at your stunning layout at some point too, been wanting to see it in the flesh.

See you tomorrow!

Phew, what a day! Been a busy on at The National Festival of Railway Modelling, Peterborough! Been so busy in fact I've only managed to have a brief look around the last half-hour!

Was great to get to meet a number of new faces too.

Back again tomorrow! But first a little bit of night reading.

post-20663-0-98903000-1544290833_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-70995700-1544290848_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Great to see this layout today, very impressive and eye catching work. My lad couldn't get enough of it.

Thanks ever so much indeed! Glad you both enjoyed it. Hope the information about the items used come in handy!

Well done.

Livery little layout. Nicely detailed and superbly modelled. I'm leased I've finally git to see it.

Thanks ever so much, and like wise! Sorry I only managed to get around the once.

Great to meet you and see your layout Callum, it really is fantastic you've done a fine job, well done.

Steve.

Thanks ever so much Steve!

• Like 1

My wife and I really enjoyed our chat with you on Sunday and the layout is just so full of interesting cameos and bits of history. So glad we stopped to have a good look. Hope you had a chance to look around too.

My wife and I really enjoyed our chat with you on Sunday and the layout is just so full of interesting cameos and bits of history. So glad we stopped to have a good look. Hope you had a chance to look around too.

Once again thanks for the tip off! Do you have a link to the new book?

Hi Callum, The book is available to pre-order from Amazon and Pen and Sword books (who is a bit cheaper). It is a sister book to one covering the Arras area I already have. That one covers the village I am modelling. I am probably posting some covers of other railway books on my 20 CCS layout post tomorrow - one more book is due to arrive. I have already posted on some others but mainly medical.

Thanks ever so much! Glad you enjoyed it! Really was a wonderful weekend. I managed to get a few minutes away from it to have a little look around, but not much, then again that got to be good :)

Hi Callum, The book is available to pre-order from Amazon and Pen and Sword books (who is a bit cheaper). It is a sister book to one covering the Arras area I already have. That one covers the village I am modelling. I am probably posting some covers of other railway books on my 20 CCS layout post tomorrow - one more book is due to arrive. I have already posted on some others but mainly medical.

Thanks for the info! Will have a look 

It was good to talk to you on Saturday and to see the layout in the flesh. You also have a message.

Many thanks and like wise. Have just seen the message, sadly can't confirm anything yet, due to the distance I'll need to travel, but I'll do some research :)

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't play it on this website but watched it on youtube. Stunning model Callum, enjoyed watching the build, really well done.

Steve.

Thanks ever so much Steve! Glad you enjoyed the build! Just need to get around to building a layout for it now ;)