Amiens 1918 - WW1 Trench Railway - 009 Exhibition Layout

SDJR7F88

8th - 9th June 2019 saw a busy weekend for my WW1 Trench Railway - Amiens 1918 at the East Anglia Model Railway Exhibition in Kettering. The show marked the layout's second furthest outing to date, and it certainly didn't disappoint! 
So what is it like to display a layout at a Model Railway Exhibition? In this video I take you on a trip behind the scenes, too is what it's like to display a Layout at a Model Railway Exhibition, including showing set-up before the show, accommodation and take-down at the end of the weekend. 
Hope you enjoy!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 1

A short video of Amiens 1918 in action at the East Anglia Model Railway Exhibition, at the Kettering Conference Centre, Kettering, 8th - 9th June 2019. 
The show was one of the Layout's furthest outings to date, and certainly one of the busiest too, with hundreds of people turning up, to see Amiens and the many other wonderful layouts on display at the show.
Hope you enjoy!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaning and Maintaining you Model Locomotives is key to smooth and reliable of running your Model Railway.

In this tutorial video I show you how to keep you models in tip-top condition, featuring what tool you'll need, tips on Oiling and Cleaning the your Locomotives Mechanism, demonstrating a Simple Wheel Cleaning, as well as showing you a Safe and Easy technique on how to remove Dust from those hard to reach places.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Nice video Callum, really informative, thanks for posting.

Steve.

No worries, I often get asked at shows with the layout how I keep my locos running smoothly. Will have to one on track cleaning next?... ;) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Callum

Enjoyed the video, but just one small correction! EXMOOR RAIL isn't on the 2nd weekend in August - it's on the first! The date is SATURDAY 3RD AUGUST. The West Somerset Railway also has its own Steam  Fayre on the same weekend, so a lot to see and do in West Somerset on the first weekend in August!

Best to all

exmoordave

13 hours ago, exmoordave said:

Hi Callum

Enjoyed the video, but just one small correction! EXMOOR RAIL isn't on the 2nd weekend in August - it's on the first! The date is SATURDAY 3RD AUGUST. The West Somerset Railway also has its own Steam  Fayre on the same weekend, so a lot to see and do in West Somerset on the first weekend in August!

Best to all

exmoordave

No worries Dave! Did spot my mistake ;) Will see you on the 3rd 

• Like 1

Amiens 1918 & Winters End to attend the Hornby Open Day at Margate! 

On Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th August 2019, Hornby will be opening there doors to the public to celebrate their return to Margate. The day will see tours of the site, as well as the first public viewing of the new 1 to 1 Collection. On display will be number of layouts, including "Amiens 1918" - my 009 Scale WW1 Trench Railway and "Winters End" - my Hornby Wrapping Paper Storage Box Micro Layout.
For more Information and Tickets check out the Hornby Website
Hope to see you there!

Edited by SDJR7F88

A short update video on Amiens 1918's next exhibition outing at Exmoor Rail 2019, Minehead, Saturday 3rd August 2019.
In my previous update I mistake on the date of the event, which has now been ammended. 
Saturday 3rd August 2019
The Minehead Eye, Mart Road,Minehead, Somerset, TA24 5BJ
Hope to see you there!

Edited by SDJR7F88

Phew, been busy day with Amiens 1918 at Exmoor Rail 2019 in Minehead. 
Was a cracking show with plenty of superb layouts on display! I managed to quickly get around to have a look and film a video of the show :)
Full video coming soon!

IMG_20190803_091315-01.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

We were only a few yards apart throughout the day but whenever I looked over there was always a large crowd of admirers around Amiens.

Top stuff as ever. 

Rob

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

It was great to catch up with you at the show, Callum, albeit briefly and of course to see the layout again.

Like wise! Hopefully will get see you again at RailWell next wells next week all being well. Got a few plans a foot for the next project ;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

We were only a few yards apart throughout the day but whenever I looked over there was always a large crowd of admirers around Amiens.

Top stuff as ever. 

Rob

Many thanks and like wise! Was a cracking show! Busy editing the video from today, a bit rushed in places, but had to keep an eye on things ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning Callum. 

Yes, It can be a bit tricky as a solo exhibitor. 

It struck me yesterday that I should knock up a small 'back in five minutes' sign to hang on Mutton if I nipped away. 

Rob 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Callum. 

Yes, It can be a bit tricky as a solo exhibitor. 

It struck me yesterday that I should knock up a small 'back in five minutes' sign to hang on Mutton if I nipped away. 

Rob 

Will have to do the same I thinks ;)

Saturday 3rd August 2019 the annual Exmoor Rail - Model Railway Exhibition, held at Minehead Eye, next to Minehead Station on the West Somerset Railway.
This years show saw no less than 15 layout on display in various scales, including my 009 Scale WW1 Trench Railway - Amiens 1918.
Hope you enjoy!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 6

A video documenting the build of the GRAMODELS Char 2C - French Super Heavy Tank in 1/76 Scale.
Developed during 1917, the Char 2C was and still is the largest operational tank ever made. This behemoth weighed 69 Tons, measured over 10.27 meters long and had a crew of 12! However, though developed during the height of WW1 the tanks didn't enter service until 1921. 
I've come to develop quite an interest in the design and the history of the prototype, and when I came across a kit in 1/76 from GRAMODELS, I just had to purchase one. Though the Tank didn't enter service until 1921, I've created the model with the intention of it being a "What if?" for my many WW1 projects. 
In this video, we take a look at the construction of the kit from start to finish, as well as explore a bit of history about the prototype.
Hope you enjoy!