Kernow /Bachmann 37/9

reevesthecat

Hi

emailed Kernow re the 37/9 twinpack (37905/6) ,they are expected 3rd quarter and will not be named. (Did a quick search incase topic already ongoing but couldn't find one). Did these 2 have changes to the roof profile?

cheers

mark

Not an expert at all in these but I believe the roof was different on 901-904 compared to 905-906, but the exhaust was also changed in their latter service years.

If you can get in, try a search on the thread in RMweb3

Did these 2 have changes to the roof profile?

cheers

mark

Hi,

As Phil says 901-904 were different to 905-906. 901 - 904 had the different roof profile as the mirlees unit stood higher. The Ruston unit fitted to 905/6 didn't require the profile changing although some of the roof panels were modified around the exhaust area.

• 2 months later...

This seems to have fallen off the radar but Kernow have now put up some of the CAD images:

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/page/28/Warship_Limited_Editions - about have way down - and yep I know the page title is miss leading!

Look promisingsmile.gif Also looks like they benefit from the same tooling upgrades at the Rail Express 37/7s - i.e. additional cab side detail and new snowploughs (will they come with snowploughs though!)

I suspect a big influx of 37s in Autumn - better start saving!

Bruce

• 4 months later...

I still think its a pity they do not swap the colour schemes as they never ran at the same time in the colours they are doing. No name would be good as it would make renumbering easier.

If you look carefully 37906 appears to have post 1998 warning flashes - this would make sense as it would mean the locos are in the "current" preserved liveries.

Bruce

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I don't think they dohavethe pos98 flashes, looksto me like they have the rightstyle for the 80's and 90's

I saw the samples at Warley and Bruce is correct - they do have the later warning flashes. Additionally the changes to the roof in the models are of post 1992 modifications so theses models are not correct for the 1980s.

By the way if anyone can refer me to photos that show the roof of 905 or 906 in 1988 or 1989 I would be most grateful.

Eamon

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

To arrive in 6 weeks according to an email from Kernow today.

Anyone heard any updates in these? 6 weeks would place them in early May but it is now mid-June and they are still down on Kernow's website as Spring 2011 releases.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Further info from Kernows Newsletter to clarify.

"We have received a very small batch of our Bachmann OO Gauge Class 37 Diesel Slug Twin Pack featuring modified tooling to represent 37 905 and 37 906. The remainder of the delivery will be following by sea and should arrive in around 6 weeks time. We will send the small batch we have received this weekend in strict date order. "

Mine has just arrived in "sunny" North East Another cracking pair of 37's from Bachmann really top notch with some lovely detailing. For those who want to know 905 carries the older style of live wire signs and 906 the newer so it seems they are as preserved.

Also a word of warning to those who have not opened there's yet, take care and watch out both of mine had one buffer head loose which was rattling around inside the plastic sleeve. Had I not noticed I may not have found them but once they were extracted they were easy to fit back into place.

• RMweb Premium

I always felt the opening cab doors were a backward step when introduced and a step forward when they were abandoned. All be it the ones on the Bachmann 37's were a bit better executed than the bodge job that Hornby did on the 50.

• 4 months later...

Mine arrived too this afternoon. Very nice models except the bodyside grey on 906 looks a little too dark to me...?

The black around the windows is wrong,needs to go up towards the yellow more.

Archived