Scroll through to 18:49

EDIT

Too late now, time gone.

Edited by melmerby

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 06/01/2024 at 18:08, melmerby said:

This is a recent new Live Trains feed from Blue Island, IL

There's another static cam looking the other way.

Looks like this has gone now. (been off for a while)

It's still in the main "Live" menu but isn't operating and not shown on their State map anymore, no explanation on the site..

The live chat on the camera mentions the property owner is doing work on the site and shut off the power to the camera. Apparently they're working on fixing it.

Nice little train at Elkhart this morning. NS GP38-2 #5356, two gons, two hoppers, and a shoving platform. Twas indeed shoving, too. :D

NS GP38.JPG

NS GP382.JPG

Edited by DanielB

• RMweb Premium
On 18/03/2024 at 13:33, DanielB said:

The live chat on the camera mentions the property owner is doing work on the site and shut off the power to the camera. Apparently they're working on fixing it.

Yes

I e-mailed Live Trains and they replied.

The owner is converting the property into a truck repair shop and has turned the power off to do electrical work.

It will be back on soon.....

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Johann Marsbar said:

Another new one - Tyrone, PA - though the split screen arrangement is a bit odd.....

Not unique though, both SW Railcams (Wilmot-Tucson) & Steel Highway (both Neenah & Cedar Falls Jn.) have split screens.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Johann Marsbar said:

Discovered this morning that the Blue Island camera is back working again, though they say there may still be some power outages depending on the ongoing work at the site.

I've tried several times today, including just now and it was off.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I've tried several times today, including just now and it was off.

Odd, I've left it on for most of the day while I was doing some decorating and it's been streaming OK all of that time.  There was a Quebec, North Shore & Labrador loco that passed through about 30 mins before that OCS as well.  Only just switched it off.....

EDIT - One of the Moderators did post a message on there saying that it won't be going "public" for another fortnight, so it may only be available to people who subscribed to the channel when it was on before.....

Edited by Johann Marsbar
extra text added

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Johann Marsbar said:

Odd, I've left it on for most of the day while I was doing some decorating and it's been streaming OK all of that time.  There was a Quebec, North Shore & Labrador loco that passed through about 30 mins before that OCS as well.  Only just switched it off.....

EDIT - One of the Moderators did post a message on there saying that it won't be going "public" for another fortnight, so it may only be available to people who subscribed to the channel when it was on before.....

I'm now on a different PC and still no luck

The menu page doesn't show Illinois as a state with a camera, do you get the same screen?

11 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I'm now on a different PC and still no luck

The menu page doesn't show Illinois as a state with a camera, do you get the same screen?

It's not shown on their list or anywhere on YT because it doesn't go "Public" for another fortnight.    However, as I subscribed to their channel (for free) when the Blue Island feed was originally on, plus I bookmarked the link to it, it's letting me access the camera OK. That could explain why the number of viewers hasn't gone above 20 on there for most of the day!

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Johann Marsbar said:

It's not shown on their list or anywhere on YT because it doesn't go "Public" for another fortnight.    However, as I subscribed to their channel (for free) when the Blue Island feed was originally on, plus I bookmarked the link to it, it's letting me access the camera OK. That could explain why the number of viewers hasn't gone above 20 on there for most of the day!

Ha yes, got it - thanks! 

Wonder if that QSNL loco is headed to Paducah eventually, I shot an NS train last April that had a few bound for VMV via interchange with the P&L in Louisville. As far as I know these units are still sitting down there.

52811238210_9e27a225aa_c.jpgWCOR 307, Harrodsburg,KY 4/11/2023 by Jeff  Wagoner, on Flickr

52810829651_65e519f54b_c.jpgWCOR 309, Harrodsburg,KY 4/11/2023 by Jeff  Wagoner, on Flickr

Edited by Jeff_W