Virtual Railfan webcams

NickBrad

It won't be the more normal subjects but Virtual Railfan will be broadcasting streams from the upcoming big Springfield train show on Jan 29/30 2022.  They plan to have cameras in 3 of the 4 exhibition halls plus roaming cameras.

On 28/11/2021 at 11:16, melmerby said:

Does anyone know if there has been a change in operation arrangements between the big players in the last couple of years?

The only thing I can think of would be the now dominance of scheduled railroading brought on by Hunter Harrison and Wall Street.

Though another possibility for anything in the last 6 to 9 months could be attempting to deal with the container issue that is plaguing so much of the world.

But those are just guesses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looks like the MBTA have now started test running on the rebuilt Green Line route between Boston North Station and Lechmere as occasional trams can now be seen running on the viaduct in the foreground of this webcam view of the Charles River......

Full services on the extended route(s) are due to start in March this year. You can also see (albeit at a distance) trains arriving/departing North Station over the lifting bridges in the background as well

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The latest VR vcamera is at Witchita, hosted by the Great Plains Transport Museum.

It went live on Jan 6 2022.

The tracks here are owned by the Witchita Terminal Association but dispatched by BNSF and get about 40 trains per day.

Like a lot of US cities it is the site of a former largish passenger station but does not get any service these days:

Trains are BNSF, UP, KO (Kansas & Oklahoma) & SKOL (South Kansas & Oklahoma)

EDITED URL changed

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I posted it earlier in "Level Crossing Stupidity"

Fair enough, but many following North American railroads aren't as likely to be browsing a UK section of the site.

But if you want to be like that, I would point out the newbryford and then myself posted your thing about the derailment in this same section of RMweb yesterday.

• RMweb Premium

OK, I've been copped out!

It wasn't meant to be a disparaging comment, just a note as such

I always post the VRF crossing "funnies" in the Level Crossing Stupidity topic as although it's in the UK section it does have entries from across the globe.

Unfortunately there isn't a "around the world" railway section in the forum!:(.

• Like 1

CSX "Spirit of Law Enforcement" loco passing Chester, MA, yesterday.......

493999732_Screenshot2022-02-09at07-10-50ChesterRailwayStationMuseum-LIVE.png.ebf846ceb67ca459f8ed94ee278a79f0.png

There was a pre arranged photo line of local Police cars for when that passed, as some photos have been posted on the B&M Railcam Slack group by one of the participants. The lineup is obscured by the locos at this point!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Johann Marsbar said:

Another interesting loco through Greenville, ME today.....

2106423738_Screenshot2022-02-11at18-29-24GreenvilleRailDepotMaine-RailfanCam.png.403b39928a3c25d24e237bb2fbbc2fed.png

Devoid of NS markings, so presumably sold on by them!

There were a couple of ex NS locos in a roster through Deshler OH a couple of days ago (again 26XX series so must be leaving NS)

Someone had crudely spray painted the new owners reporting mark (PRLX, Progress Rail Leasing) across the NS logo on the engine covers and "Do Not Fuel" on the tanks

https://youtu.be/i4TEkd3GAaU?t=502

Edited by melmerby

Apparently, New Brunswick Southern are having lots of problems with their ex NS SD70's (repainted into their smart green livery) which were supplied by Progress Rail, so that one looks as thogh it may be going there to help the situation out.  #2649 was bought by Progress Rail back in March last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Something a bit different through Palmer, MA,  today - in daylight this time.....

854181527_Screenshot2022-04-05at11-44-22PalmerMassachusettsUSALiveRailfanCam1.png.4d6af579dfe95967af4e3468effcedda.png

471231444_Screenshot2022-04-05at11-43-15PalmerMassachusettsUSALiveRailfanCam1.png.95aeafec85ea2957970401658f25af86.png

They worked in on an ethanol train from the Chicago area to Worcester in the early hours of yesterday and were sent back on an Intermodal (i019) this morning.

Edited by Johann Marsbar
Photos disappeared again.....
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...