Virtual Railfan webcams

NickBrad

On 09/06/2022 at 06:25, Johann Marsbar said:

This new cam for Fort Worth Central station has appeared in the last few days, provided by Trinity Metro themselves...

https://ridetrinitymetro.org/webcam/

Just looking at the map, the freeway jcn in the distance is the one over Tower 55.

Modellers might want to go to streetview and take a look at the building this is shot from, it's got a really interestingly new line routed through the basement of an old warehouse:
https://goo.gl/maps/WFfKu8kstWtzpeq46

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Another recent one, also not VRF but with the webpage set out the same complete with chat, is Winslow AZ, situated at the La Posada Hotel, another former "Harvey House" from the great days of the ATSF.

East view:

West View:

Winslow is the next place of any size East of Flagstaff and is about an hours drive on Route 66.

It is the site of a large BNSF yard

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Glorious NSE said:

Just looking at the map, the freeway jcn in the distance is the one over Tower 55.

Modellers might want to go to streetview and take a look at the building this is shot from, it's got a really interestingly new line routed through the basement of an old warehouse:
https://goo.gl/maps/WFfKu8kstWtzpeq46

You sometimes see TRE trains arriving & departing T&P station from the Fort Worth Tower 55 cam, depending where it is pointing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A Kansas City Southern loco made it into Massachusetts this morning (along with a UP loco) on a Blue Island (IL) to Worcester (MA) Ethanol train - for interchange there with the Providence & Worcester.

Managed to get some indifferent screen shots from the cameras at Westfield and Springfield, but at least you can make out what they are.....

1440834460_Screenshot2022-07-19at05-56-41RailfanCamatWestfieldBridgesMassachusettsUSA-LIVE.png.9d3bde3d02460d3e19c61d8cf2e12313.png

2093964217_Screenshot2022-07-19at06-15-52SpringfieldMassachusettsUSAVirtualRailfanLIVE.png.ee8dfeb4e1bb9c97c7a11365767c87d7.png

1960901956_Screenshot2022-07-19at06-19-49SpringfieldMassachusettsUSAVirtualRailfanLIVE.png.397a896ff6377ebc55b2068411f81f41.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
Just now, Johann Marsbar said:

It was still dark there when I looked at it this morning and hadn't spotted it was a PTZ one either!

I know the CSX lines aren't that far away from the preserved line as I've stayed in the Holiday Inn there.

It was doing a fair bit of PTZing whilst I was watching, not just trains but buildings, vehicles on the highway etc.

Fortunately it is quite high up on the Kensington retirement apartments (ex Algonquin Hotel) and can do a good sweep of the area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

There's a new camera at Ooltewah TN. (since 17/11/22) Located at the "Whistle Stop" restaurant.

https://goo.gl/maps/iwu4ooftKJsvLF4J9

It's about 8 miles due east as the crow flies from the existing camera at the TVRM at Chattanooga,

Many of the trains will pass both cameras.

Edited by melmerby

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Johann Marsbar said:

Oh dear.....

While all these derailments keep the railfans entertained, I think there needs to be a proper investigation before someone get hurt as it is happening far too often at this junction.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Amtrak use it, so even passenger trains could be involved, a double deck car overturning could be horrendous.

Derailments seem quite common on US railroads/railways. There's loads on you tube.

I know it's a huge network but it does seem more common than should be expected.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

While all these derailments keep the railfans entertained, I think there needs to be a proper investigation before someone get hurt as it is happening far too often at this junction.

Almost the same place as last time, or the last one I was aware of. Didn't take long to clear it but hell of a mess. Often a Coupling or Bogie failure. Amtrak there, doesn't use that curve as far as I 've ever seen, BUT it does pass close behind there. Really dodgy stuff. 

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Amtrak there, doesn't use that curve as far as I 've ever seen, BUT it does pass close behind there.

I've seen one do a reversal by using both chords.

I don't know if it's regular or a one off.

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 13/12/2022 at 16:07, melmerby said:

I've seen one do a reversal by using both chords.

I don't know if it's regular or a one off.

I've looked around at some YT videos and it seems Amtrak reversals usually use a triangle closer to Union Station to reverse , so the one I saw on camera could have been because the other one was unavailable for some reason.

This does mean the train coming down to Sante Fe junction then reversing back onto the other triangle (by the old roundhouse):

image.png.b18aa707245deef8fbb78aa159deef43.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, melmerby said:

New Camera at a residence on a hill west of Denver.

Big 10 Curve, Arvada in view, where trains are definitely in the landscape:

All you need is some Kato N unitrack, some stock and a lot of scatter materials for that.

It's a bit too far away for me, you hear lots of birdsong, little loco noise and it's hard to make out what is in the consist.