Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

lenz digital

art54

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul, I've done what you say but when I click the run as administrator the welcome to the device driver installation wizard, then I accept the terms  then press

next then I see it starts to download and immediately comes up with  download fail, I've tried a couple of times and it does the same thing every time uuuggh.

I tried it and also got an install error!

I tried both right clicking  "run as administrator" and also switching to administrator and trying to install it from there.

Got same error both times!

Keith

Hi

Double click the 23150 Custom Driver folder. When it opens locate the file called dp-chooser (it may have the .exe extension depending on how your PC is setup). Double click this file to run it and follow the on screen instructions.

attachicon.gifdrivers.JPG

If it says this program requires elevated priviledges to run right click the file and choose run as administrator. When the message comes up to say "Windows cannot verify the publisher of this driver software" click "install this driver anyway".

Cheers

Paul

Hello again Paul,

Looking at the list you shown me yours has exe on three of the lists where on my listing there is no exe on any of them, I don't know if this effects the reason I get a different window to fail downloading, thanks for the reply(forgot to mention it on the last blog)

I tried it and also got an install error!

I tried both right clicking  "run as administrator" and also switching to administrator and trying to install it from there.

Got same error both times!

Keith

Hello keith,

I think there is something wrong with the way my laptop is setup, perhaps if I burn it and get a new one I might be able to download the driver.

• RMweb Premium

Hello keith,

I think there is something wrong with the way my laptop is setup, perhaps if I burn it and get a new one I might be able to download the driver.

Hi

Have you extracted the files to a folder?

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Gold

I would suggest you go back to the Lenz website as I documented in post #18.  Two lines above where the drivers are, is the installation manual (marked as "overview"). I would suggest to download that and try following the instructions there. Basically when you plug the device in, Windows should recognize new hardware has been installed and prompt you to tell it where the drivers are. 

• RMweb Gold

I would suggest you go back to the Lenz website as I documented in post #18.  Two lines above where the drivers are, is the installation manual (marked as "overview"). I would suggest to download that and try following the instructions there. Basically when you plug the device in, Windows should recognize new hardware has been installed and prompt you to tell it where the drivers are. 

Trying that route on my Windows 10 machine via device manager and attempting to update the driver gave this dialogue box..

post-6674-0-85622800-1504119037_thumb.png

Something not right in that download from the Lenz website

Andi

• RMweb Gold

Looks like it's an unsigned driver and since Windows 10 Anniversary Update it will no longer install them.

Try a different tack: instead of pointing the dialog box at the downloaded files, get Windows to scan online for drivers (the other option).  Ths device uses a generic FTDI driver and Windows will find it.  I don't have the 23150 LI-USB any more, but I still have the 23170 Decoder Programmer which uses the same chip.  It installs fine on my laptop following this method. 

Edited by RFS

• RMweb Premium

Looks like it's an unsigned driver and since Windows 10 Anniversary Update it will no longer install them.

Windows 10 has never installed unsigned driivers without using the long winded method of temporarily disabling the feature.

I've had to do that with several right from day 1 of Win10.

If you were updating from Win, 7 previously installed (unsigned) drivers were OK but if you did a clean install they were a no no.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Hi

Double click the 23150 Custom Driver folder. When it opens locate the file called dp-chooser (it may have the .exe extension depending on how your PC is setup). Double click this file to run it and follow the on screen instructions.

attachicon.gifdrivers.JPG

If it says this program requires elevated priviledges to run right click the file and choose run as administrator. When the message comes up to say "Windows cannot verify the publisher of this driver software" click "install this driver anyway".

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul, I've opened the file and gone as far as run as administrator, then I get a window :welcome to the device driver installation wizard: so I accept the agreement and click next, it starts the download then immediately stops and I get the message install failed. I am lost again, 

Arthur.

• RMweb Gold

Try this approach.

With the device plugged in, go to control panel,  right-click on device manager and select "run as administrator"

Scroll down to the device - should show if you open COM / LPT

Right click on the device entry and select "update driver".

Select the option "search automatically for updated driver software".

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul, I've opened the file and gone as far as run as administrator, then I get a window :welcome to the device driver installation wizard: so I accept the agreement and click next, it starts the download then immediately stops and I get the message install failed. I am lost again, 

Arthur.

Hi

I don't understand why its trying to download anything as all you need is contained in the zip file which you have I assume extracted to a folder on your pc in order to run it.

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I don't understand why its trying to download anything as all you need is contained in the zip file which you have I assume extracted to a folder on your pc in order to run it.

Cheers

Paul

I presume you've read the rest of the thread? The downloaded driver will not load

• RMweb Premium

Try these drivers

Bahnfan.net_FTDI_CDM_2.06.02_12_01_2014.revised.zip (1.15 mb)

They are 64 bit, originally for Win8 but also fine on Win 10

You still need the "fiddle" type install but they work fine.

N.B. They will report in Device Manager as Bahnfan drivers not Lenz!

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone tried my suggested method in post #37 above?  Windows should find the driver on the net and install it.  Worked for me with the 23170 decoder programmer which uses the same FTDI chip.  I'm on Windows 10 Creators edition. 

Hello RFS,

success, thank you for the instructions after a long battle with this computer and windows 10 im up and running, and I would like to say thank you to all my fellow members who have replied and helped me along the way.

From a very happy computer idiot.

Arthur