Wrec-rail 2018:The return

George Woodcock

Looking forward to it tomorrow. Fuel in car, refreshments for the day organised (mostly) and I've rearranged the scooter in the boot rather than the utter dissaray it was left in after getting back nearly 11pm Sunday from Didcot from a signalling event helping Natalie out for the weekend.

Should be a good day, though expecting it to be a scorcher again! bring plenty of fluids with you.

•  
  •  
  •  

Posted Today, 08:15

I see the Pig is being released today at Wrec-rail Clive. :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :senile:

Have a good day. :sungum:

www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/62823-pig-lane-or-should-it-be-i-am-sorry/page-3

Edited by Andrew P

I paid a brief visit this morning.  It is a good social event with some interesting layouts to view, mostly showing what can be achieved in a small space.  Lapford, I am sorry it took the penny so long to drop, for yours is the admirable Portwey complete with the outcrops of Wessex livery which I am glad that I did not have to paint.  Tea AND biscuits - very civilised!  A couple of useful conversations and some purchases rounded off the visit nicely.   Well done everybody!

Chris  

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

What a complete waste of time. :nono:

What a waste of effort. :fie:

Totally unenjoyable. :cry:

What ever you were doing if you didn't come to Wrecrail and have a wonderful day like we all did.  :locomotive: :locomotive: :yahoo: 

Thanks Dave for asking me to bring along Pig Lane, but next time can I have at least a weeks notice not a day and half. :good:

Cheers to George, Nobby, Dave, Richard and Sam's dad for organising today.

Edit and of course a big thank you to Bev in the kitchen.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4

Hi,

Excellent day and great fun. Suspect i spent more time in front of the layout than behind it so  thanks to all who took a turn with the controller.Good to talk to a  number of people who took the time to have a chat, including Chris.... :-)

Thanks to the Crew, one and all for getting today organised and especially Bev for looking after us so well.

Cheers

Stu

• RMweb Premium

Nobody took any photos?

Hi Nick

I was on the wrong side Newark when I realised my camera was still in the middle of nowhere Lincolnshire and not having a spare to hours to turn back to get it I thought "Whoops".

• RMweb Premium

He was caught mid theatrics whilst in discussion with Natalie about something I forget what the subject was now.

Natalie and I were discussing cardiac arrest and how the only successful resuscitations happen when you see the person make that last gasp of air......Kelly's photo was very bad/good timing as I took my last gasp. 

• Like 1

Natalie and I were discussing cardiac arrest and how the only successful resuscitations happen when you see the person make that last gasp of air......Kelly's photo was very bad/good timing as I took my last gasp. 

Maybe a good job I wasn't there then matey. hahhah. :nono:  :nono:  :sungum:

Natalie has form for this sort of thing. I caught her on camera discussing the best places to put venflons in with Arun Sharma at Showcase ;)

Thank you all for the very nice comments

We were very pleased with the show, just as we wanted it, play train, talking and drinking tea !

Thank you very much to the layout owners and traders who supported us, thank you to the visitors

Big thanks to my wife Bev who worked so hard in the kitchen looking after refreshments

We made a £130 profit. Johns Rotary Club are supporting a little boy with bone cancer, we will be donating the money to him via their fund raising scheme

Thank you

Richard

PS, congratulations to our team member Simon on the birth of Samuel on Tuesday ! Great to see you there yesterday

• Like 2