When TT3 was the next Big Thing

I know it's a free one Ray but my printer will not print the the colours as you saw with the SR wagon, that should have been a rich brown. I wanted to go to the local town yesterday to a printers but due to the weather did not go. Today it is worse as the little one's school is shut. I only use my printer these days for testing the scale etc and not to use. I do have a few of the Wordsworth ones I did before the issues.

Garry

It`s a strange problem you`re having,it may be that one cartridge isn`t printing correctly,a nozzle check would soon show that.Other than that,it would seem that your printer is duff but seeing as you seem to have problems with printers,it maybe the editing or pc software at fault.What photo printing programme do you use?.

Ray.

It`s a strange problem you`re having,it may be that one cartridge isn`t printing correctly,a nozzle check would soon show that.Other than that,it would seem that your printer is duff but seeing as you seem to have problems with printers,it maybe the editing or pc software at fault.What photo printing programme do you use?.

Ray.

I have never had much luck with printers from 20years ago, lost count how many I have had. I run the software nozzle cleaners, twice, using their secondary clean. The alignment settings are always spot on but even new cartridges will be classed as empty. As for the PC it was the same with my old one and even now if I try the laptops. I just use the print facility from the PC whether it is Cad, Paint, JPEG etc.

Garry

I did print off one of your thumbnails through Photo shop & got the correct colours,iwas going to scan it but the printer has gone into sulk mode & is now refusing to scan,might be a new printer for me now & i`ve just put a new colour cartdrige in .

Ray

I did print off one of your thumbnails through Photo shop & got the correct colours,iwas going to scan it but the printer has gone into sulk mode & is now refusing to scan,might be a new printer for me now & i`ve just put a new colour cartdrige in .

Ray

Been there, Done that....

I've even broken my rule with printers and taken out an extended guarantee!

• Like 1

Been there, Done that....

I've even broken my rule with printers and taken out an extended guarantee!

Just ordered a new Canon MX495,£54 delivered from Wex photographic ,takes different inks though.I`ll run my old one until the ink runs out cos it prints ok.

Ray.

I hope you don`t mind Garry,i`ve enhanced your wagons so if you ever get a printer that works or put them on a stick & take them to your printer.

Cheers,Ray

post-4249-0-22019200-1519920109_thumb.jpg

I did`nt resize them because I didn’t know what the scale reduction is.

Ray.

I have just come across that problem Ray. I saved them when I scanned them as a Jpeg but no way of printing to scale so re scanned as a PDF which allows me to then print at 76%.  Just tried yours and it is larger than 00 scale.

Garry 

Just seen the % button which I never use, I always use the pixel button which might be the same.

Garry

There should be a size reduction facility in the printer properties dialogue,75%seem to be the right reduction from 00 size.

Ray.

I like following TT-related matters but I think this particular thread is being somewhat overused. Would it not be better to start new topics for current projects and leave this one for 'nostalgia'?

I like following TT-related matters but I think this particular thread is being somewhat overused. Would it not be better to start new topics for current projects and leave this one for 'nostalgia'?

With the heading as it states I thought this was nostalgic Rod with Tri-ang TT track used, Tri-ang TT stock, old Bec kits etc and more recently Merco and Bilteezi mentioned. After the first few posts, unless I made a comment there seems to be very little, if anything, said. I can only think of one other layout mentioned, which was recently, so where are all the "nostalgic" layouts hiding, surely I cannot be the only one around or because I am building it now does that mean it is not nostalgic?

Garry

With the heading as it states I thought this was nostalgic Rod with Tri-ang TT track used, Tri-ang TT stock, old Bec kits etc and more recently Merco and Bilteezi mentioned. After the first few posts, unless I made a comment there seems to be very little, if anything, said. I can only think of one other layout mentioned, which was recently, so where are all the "nostalgic" layouts hiding, surely I cannot be the only one around or because I am building it now does that mean it is not nostalgic?

Garry

Hi Garry (and Rod)

I for one am enjoying this thread very much. I had TT-3 as a youngster so am finding it very nostalgic but also interesting. I had Mike Bryant's book First Steps in TT-3 at the time (I have it again now) so I'm especially enjoying your efforts to build the proprietary version of his Pint-Pot layout that was in the MRC series but AFAIK never actually built till now. 

A little bit further on, our little one helping put some static grass down and then I have made the long retaining wall. At the moment it is loose but this later will be glued and screwed to the upper level so that it makes the termius one complete and separate unit. Our little one has had a practice shunting 3 wagons onto different lines and knows which points to change for a specific route, more than what my wife did, she got it wrong lol.

Thankfully I can get the layout back into the kitchen to work on, only 2 weeks to the show.

Garry

post-22530-0-97057600-1520163422_thumb.jpg

post-22530-0-85091000-1520163515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Golden Fleece 30
  • Like 4

I found a local printers who printed my scans out at TT scale, this was onto A3 paper, at a cost of only £1.10 a sheet so I got all the ones I have obtained done.  At that price I am not bothered about trying to sort 4 pdfs onto one A3 sheet. For them to scan it is about £4.00 extra which they will have to do for me later as some sheets are bigger than A4 as well as some building sheets.

I will have to look out for more of these sheets now I know how easy it is to get done.

Garry

post-22530-0-72053100-1520425691_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I found a local printers who printed my scans out at TT scale, this was onto A3 paper, at a cost of only £1.10 a sheet so I got all the ones I have obtained done.  At that price I am not bothered about trying to sort 4 pdfs onto one A3 sheet. For them to scan it is about £4.00 extra which they will have to do for me later as some sheets are bigger than A4 as well as some building sheets.

I will have to look out for more of these sheets now I know how easy it is to get done.

Garry

Great idea and almost certainly, they'll have a better printer than you. The big issue is getting them to scale down correctly.