A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Bleat Wharf. Breakfasts and Backwaters. The continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart.

• RMweb Premium

Here's a link to one that's slightly different method at Chatham 2nd photo down.

https://www.kentrail.org.uk/Chatham%20Dockyard%202.htm

Here's one that is closer, but at Portsmouth. It's been filled in, but you get the idea.

https://locoyard.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dscn4706.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Sibbers.

Much reference will be made to MRJ 258 which contained an article on Arun Quay and in particular the article on the inlaid track on Canada Street. Very comprehensive.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is anticipated that the fiddly yard will be purchased later today. The Memsahib has indicated she will attending the local Swedish furniture emporium and asked if I wanted anything.........

To recap, the main board is the top from the longer of the two LACK occasional tables and the fiddly yard is the top from the LACK telly table.

Total cost for the two, £33.00.

I am left with the second of the occasional tables which is 55cm x 40cm...I also have one left from the build of Mutton.

This in effect gives me a further baseboard of 110cm x 40cm for a future project.

Rob.

post-14122-0-26106800-1529992964.jpg

post-14122-0-05628600-1529992989.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am trying not to change too much so I will be continuing with things learnt from both Sheep Lane and Mutton.

The fiddle yard will store above the fascia for transit ( making due allowance for MDF enclosure....cough)

Attachment will be as per Mutton though maybe a touch more refined.

Rob.

post-14122-0-25270000-1529993729_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-90747800-1529993851_thumb.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I am left with the second of the occasional tables which is 55cm x 40cm...I also have one left from the build of Mutton.

This in effect gives me a further baseboard of 110cm x 40cm for a future project.

Bøll or Aresøl?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bøll or Aresøl?

Aresol. I do like the mint one with the bubbles.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear. That looks like a bit of a job for any preservation group wishing to reopen that line.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Is it a complete coincidence that Bleat Wharf and Bethesda Sidings share the same track plan?

Blimey !

Until you mentioned it, I hadn't noticed. Yes, it is a coincidence as Bleat is as a result of the original being reduced somewhat.

I think the execution is different enough so as to make a difference........but....

Hmmmm.......and there's me just about to start nailing track down.

This might need some further thought but I don't really have the time to mess about coming up with something different.

Is it a complete coincidence that Bleat Wharf and Bethesda Sidings share the same track plan?

With  any given number of points and therefore sidings you really do only have limited options.

As said its all about the execution of the whole thing not just the "track layout" which is but a small  part of creating the scene.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Thanks LB.

Yes, the track plan, I is not going to change it. No need. Move on.

Today should see the backscene boards offered up and a test fit of Muttons lighting fascia.

I still need to obtain the fiddly yard board. May do so today if I get time.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Since you appear to have an equal number of left hand and right hand points, would a mirror image be feasible?

Not that it really matters though, since the buildings change the atmosphere anyway.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Don't stick the track down in the FY..., either use Streamline as Set Track, or use Set Track.

Join to the layout using fishplates.

Ah! Back in the room, Stubbers. I prefer having a 'dedicated' fiddly yard. Once built it will live on top of the layout. That way it is just a pick up and go job. I am trying to make my erection as quick as possible.....so to speak. In addition, I am looking to have a slightly scenic entry to the fiddly place which would be visible if one were to look through from the layout.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Since you appear to have an equal number of left hand and right hand points, would a mirror image be feasible?

Not that it really matters though, since the buildings change the atmosphere anyway.

Morning Teakers. The two layouts are viewed from opposite sides if I interpret Tim's plan correctly.

Either way, it matters not. The two layouts will be very different in look and feel. For one thing, Bethesda is being built by a very accomplished modeller which should help matters.

Rob