The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

A snake proof fence was installed, at considerable expense, at my daughter's school some years ago, to keep troublesome venomous reptiles away from the kiddies. Unfortunately it was installed at the wrong time of year, thus trapping a good percentage of the local snake population inside the grounds. Not that it bothered the kiddies, some of whom amused themselves by throwing small ones at each other or, on one memorable lunchtime, into the crowded canteen.

• Like 1

I've got redback spiders everywhere at the moment, most noteworthily in every crevice of the colourbond fence beside my driveway but they even build their webs under my car overnight. Its over due for a service but I'm worried that the mechanic will get pi55ed off pulling off a wheel and getting redbacks all over him or something so I'm punting it off.

Walking down the side of my house earlier, 4 foot brown snake in my path. It slid down a gap between my aviary and a garden bed.

Phoned a snake bloke who said to keep an eye on it til he could get there. Watched it in the gap slowly disappear into a small hole under the garden bed, I guess caused by burrowing mice because shortly after that  mice started popping out of holes all through the garden bed that I wasn't even aware of.

Called snake bloke back and told him snake was now underground. He said to call him if I see it again.

Wish I'd got a picture to post here...

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, TheQ said:

you've got the best politicians ever.. all I got as "The Age" and a blank page...

Strange link works for me!

Edit to add.

Actually, a blank page, sums him up well. Think Monster Raving Loony Party, but this one got elected!

Edited by kevinlms
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...