Scottish Modeller

• RMweb Gold

New RTR Wagon by "Real Track Models"

by Arran

original page on Old RMweb

??? posted on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:16 pm

HI All

A new name to look out for next year in the RTR market is "Real Track Models"

The first wagon is going to be an FLA in OO as used by Freightliner to carry Highcube containers, the wagon is nearing the end design stage and the samples are expected in the first quarter of 2010.

The first two batches of the wagon will be with and without containers and the liveries only available with the FLA will be MAERSK and will not be sold seperatley through =C=Rail=

The two parties invold in this project are Me and MR DC Kits Charlie.

The KD on the drawing is there because they hadent drawn the Tension lock at this point.

Regrads Arran

file.php?id=107127

file.php?id=107126

file.php?id=107125

file.php?id=107124

Comment posted by dan griffin on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:42 pm

nice, another wagon to add to my freightliner fleet, have you an idea of what the RRP will be?

??? posted on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:52 pm

dan griffin wrote:

nice, another wagon to add to my freightliner fleet, have you an idea of what the RRP will be?

HI

I don't have that exactly pinned down yet, but the Mid ?‚??20.00s looks close for the wagons only, it depends how the exchange rate goes.

Regards Arran

Comment posted by Miss Prism on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:37 pm

I like the way you've tested the radius on the CAD.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm pretty sure that I am right in saying that the information on the Realtrack website for the history of the wagons is incorrect in that it says

operated throughout the 1990s

Given that the pairs of wagons that the model depicts wernt introduced until 2004 and are apparently completely different to those from the 90s batch.

Still, does look like its is going to be a fantastic model, just wish that the prototype had been introduced a year earlier so I could justify some.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

There was an test sample on the DC Kits Stand at Stafford, it was a bit hidden by the container that was sitting on it

Simon

You should have asked to see it without the container!

I've had the test sample in my hands a few weeks ago and it's nice, Arran posted some pics of it over on the DEMU forum a few weeks ago.

The pics can also be found at http://www.realtrackmodels.co.uk/CurProd.htm

It will be on Charlie's stand at glasgow too.

Cheers

Craig

• 1 month later...

HI All

Just an update on the wagon, the second sample will be with me soon which I hope can be the one we approve :D

=C=Rail= will have the next Highcubes this week, which are the Safmarine and the P&O Nedlloyd.

I was on a research mission today and got all the extra info I required for the refer.

Regards Arran

post-530-126972368244_thumb.jpg

post-530-126972370886_thumb.jpg

post-530-126972376339_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Got my hands on the prototype at the Epsom show and it looks very good, nice metal subframe, and nice detail. Charlie said latest estimate is September and the next test shot is due soon. Definitely going for a few of these on this basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my hands on the prototype at the Epsom show and it looks very good, nice metal subframe, and nice detail. Charlie said latest estimate is September and the next test shot is due soon. Definitely going for a few of these on this basis.

REALTRACKI Models FLA. Decorated samples are expected shortly (Some delay in the original samples due to various modifications) when these are approved then production begins. September/October look a fair bet as we speak. Charlie

• 6 months later...

They are a bit pricey at '£29.99' per set, is the detail as good as the Dapol Spine Wagons ?

You do effectively get two wagons for that price and they have come from over 5,000 miles away - REALTRACK are a small supplier and probably can't absorb certain costs into their overhead. Having looked at the prototypes in the "plastic" - these will be worth every bit of the price. :D

Charlie had pre production on display at Wolverhampton today and they look very nice ..worth every penny if you ask me.

Ian

The New Hornby Flats will end up about £24.00 Each so buying two is £48.00, the REALTRACK pairs are £39.99 per pair loaded, we are getting 1000 models and probably Hornby are getting 10,000. Shouldn't theirs be cheaper then! And our containers are correct!!.

PPS See & buy at Warley from REALTRACK (STAND B27A) next to DE Videos/DC Kits or via the stockists during December! Arran & Charlie

Soon to be seen on Dragons Den, or was it Bettys Cafe!

• RMweb Gold

Soon to be seen on Dragons Den, or was it Bettys Cafe!

Now that would be worth it just to see you up against the Dragons :lol: I'd actually watch that episode.

Better send one of my minions over with some dosh as I'll be on the layout first thing just in case.

Archived