The Level Crossing topic

• RMweb Gold
The bottom one definitely isn't Llandybie Crossing as it is an AOCL and the crossing in that pic is an ABCL - I suspect that it is probably Cilyrychen (69 chains north of Llandybie Crossing) as that is an ABCL and the only other one roughly in that vicinity is at Tirydail just off the end of the platform.

Hi Mike,

Well I did say crossing the A483 near Llandybie. Not named on the OS Landranger (1:50,000) map, but swapping to Explorer (1:25,000) on streetmap.co.uk I see you are correct -- Cilyrychen Crossing. :)

Here's Llandybie Crossing

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Here's one with the barriers down -- Newland East between Worcester and Malvern.

A fine footbridge at Oakham

A semaphore signal imprisoned in ironwork at Langham Junction

I don't know if anyone else has tried 'driving' along the route but the Newlands one is very useful - detail wise - in that respect as the next frame has the crossing open and the one after that was shot more or less in the 6 foot, with the rapidly receding train justy in view in the Down direction.

Excellent detail visible in many pictures such as signage and road markings plus railway detail.

• RMweb Gold
if you move back a bit you can just see the rails under the asphalt.

If we are allowing lifted lines the field is wide open, so to speak. :)

Here is the Cleobury Mortimer and Ditton Priors Light Railway at Neen Savage

Tenbury Railway crossing the A456 at Little Hereford

Severn Valley Railway at Burlish Crossing

Severn Valley Railway again -- fine gates but no rails at Jackfield :)

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

With Google Streetview we can now visit any level crossing in the UK and look both ways along the tracks at leisure -- something not easy to do while driving across. :)

So here's a topic in which to post interesting links. On the map, click the Link link, top right, and then copy from the first box "Paste link in email or IM". In your post, click this icon link.png and paste the link in the top box. Enter the words you want to appear in the bottom box.

Martin.

Can't keep away from this topic, heres one that a bit different. Penrhyn, North wales

Dave.T

• RMweb Gold

If we are allowing lifted lines the field is wide open, so to speak. smile.gif

Here is the Cleobury Mortimer and Ditton Priors Light Railway at Neen Savage

Tenbury Railway crossing the A456 at Little Hereford

Severn Valley Railway at Burlish Crossing

Severn Valley Railway again -- fine gates but no rails at Jackfield smile.gif

Martin.

At least my Dunmere example still had rails in the road! wink.gif

Archived