Aberdeen Kirkhill T&RSD

Flood

Thanks as always. The quality of those last three photos is very poor, Glenn has taken some but I haven't got copies yet.

One week until the exhibition. We now have some carriage cleaners and the seagulls are being painted. Glenn has had considerable problems with the cladding peeling off the Wheel Lathe shed but that now appears to be solved. Also some drama with the lighting towers but I am awaiting correspondence before commenting further on that issue.

A few small details may have to be left off for next week, we'll see how it all pans out.

Ramrig will hopefully be taking some more photos at the exhibition so we'll post them after the event.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible next weekend.

Can't wait to see the layout again next week. It's changed so much since I saw it October at Mickleover.

Hopefully I'll remember the camera for a few shots if you don't mind?

Dave

Can't wait to see the layout again next week. It's changed so much since I saw it October at Mickleover.

Hopefully I'll remember the camera for a few shots if you don't mind?

Dave

Never a problem, go for it.

• RMweb Premium

Update on the convoy heading North.

At Leeds it was routed Via the S & C. Heading for Mossend.

A quick couple of shots of it on the S & C last week wink.gif

post-7289-127342340898_thumb.jpg

A going away shot of the Power Car

post-7289-1273423439_thumb.jpg

Wot! Still not a Seagull in sight rolleyes.gif The poacher in the background has shot the lot!!laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just a Blatent Plug for Derby 2010 Exhibition next weekend. tongue.gif

• Like 1

The Seagulls still doing time in Craiginches..........smile.gif

That's excellent Bob, thanks. biggrin.gifsmile.gif

The seagulls are being painted and will be on the layout in time for the weekend. Edited by Flood

0S25 reached Glen Carron Junction on Tuesday where there was a further crew change ready for the final leg of its journey to Aberdeen Kirkhill. It is seen here leaving Glen Carron, passing through the junction and taking the line towards Perth.

post-7306-127364528462_thumb.jpg

post-7306-127364532239_thumb.jpg

post-7306-127364538833_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Anyway, once I've pushed all the chaff out of the way....

I know how much you've all been waiting for these. I would have posted this at lunch time but I ran out of time before going to work.

post-7112-127370167608_thumb.jpg

They'll be flying over to Kirkhill on Friday, ready to be roosting on Saturday.

• Like 2

I know how much you've all been waiting for these. I would have posted this at lunch time but I ran out of time before going to work.

I assume that their deposits will be depicted on the roof of the carriage shed too......?

• RMweb Premium

I assume that their deposits will be depicted on the roof of the carriage shed too......?

Looking forward to seeing this at DERBY this weekend - of course with all those seagulls, by the end of the show the whole layout could be a pile of guano :D

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Are they DCC Seagulls fitted with sound chips? laugh.gif tongue.gif .

Anyone passing this layout on Saturday eating please beaware of low flying Seagulls. (especially Doritos) laugh.gif laugh.gif

Another blatent plug for Derby 2010.

Thanks Dave, try and pop by if you can.

I tell ya this exhibition lark is very draining, only got back home at twenty past ten and I've still got to make some dinner. Those seagulls kept trying to fly off and raid the neighbours' bins! Pesky things.

Well the points all work, as do the lights and we've had an 08 and a 37 trundling around so far (talking of which...)

post-7112-127387333483_thumb.jpg

We look forward to seeing as many people as possible over the weekend. We're in the smaller hall to the right as you walk down past the pay desks.

A big thank you to everyone on RMweb for all the kind comments over the last few months, they've certainly kept both of us perked up and glad all the effort has been worth while.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

For those following the Thread.. The ETHEL made it to Kirkhill.

post-7289-127404944718_thumb.jpg

The "Scrubbers" were kept busy all weekend. (aka the carriage cleaners)

post-7289-127405004571_thumb.jpg

One of the 'Village People' spent the Weekend looking for the rest of the Group..........."It's fun to stop at the Y-M-C-A"..... join in if you know the words.

post-7289-127405023195_thumb.jpg

And after fetching the birds from next doors bins.........................

"Houston, Tranquility base here. The Seagull has landed"..................................

post-7289-127404953673_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Sounds good to me. I will let Glenn have the rest of the pictures on friday. I have got some really good ones of Alans layout as well. I will bring my laptop on Tuesday for you to see them.

Another one of yours to tease you.

post-7289-127405120737_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's great Steve! Thank you.

I just need to sort out the buffer beam detail then it will look even better.

Think we should aim to give the layout an airing about once a month so if we get a good weekend we can set it up outside on the patio and get natural light on it.

You are a show-off Graham!