Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

Just a reminder, I will be taking Orchard Road to Churston Ferrers exhibition next Saturday.

I will be making some space in the garage tomorrow to erect the layout and test everything out. I've added some display boards across the front and need to add some photos etc in the week.

I've also fitted sound decoder to both my Bachmann 08's. I've used Zimo 648 sound decoders with Digitrains Activ-drive sound files (Paul Chetter) with a sugar cube speaker. There is a little more space in the newer 08 and almost enough for a small capacitor. A bit tighter in the older 08 and certainly no space for a capacitor.

Anyone one photo taken recently.

post-7854-0-23936500-1500059222_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

As part of pre-exhibition testing, I've set Orchard Road up in the garage in full exhibition mode! Normally lives in the garage boxed up.

I've added three figures from the Modelu3D range.

Out on Saturday at Churston Ferrers, near Paignton.

post-7854-0-66040200-1500406770_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

We had a great day yesterday. Both running the layout via Train Driver app on our phones for the first time in an exhibition environment. Worked really well, particularly when shunting the fuel tanks using the two sound fitted 08s! Must say that really pleased with these two!

Had a couple of odd issues with a couple of locos not running as expected. With sound running, would not drive when throttle opened, but running first then sound on, would be ok! Very strange? Can only think either lack of power to track, i.e. too many locos on the layout of decoders getting too many signals and not interpreting them correctly.....

Anyway, back out in Bridport next Saturday!

Also, the new front display boards along the front worked a treat, stopped little fingers touching the front of the layout.

A couple of photos to follow.

• Like 4

We had a great day yesterday. Both running the layout via Train Driver app on our phones for the first time in an exhibition environment. Worked really well, particularly when shunting the fuel tanks using the two sound fitted 08s! Must say that really pleased with these two!

Had a couple of odd issues with a couple of locos not running as expected. With sound running, would not drive when throttle opened, but running first then sound on, would be ok! Very strange? Can only think either lack of power to track, i.e. too many locos on the layout of decoders getting too many signals and not interpreting them correctly.....

Anyway, back out in Bridport next Saturday!

Also, the new front display boards along the front worked a treat, stopped little fingers touching the front of the layout.

A couple of photos to follow.

The max I think we had on Deesdale Road in a MAD MOMENT was 9, all with Sound and Lights and run from the Gaugemaster prodigy, and 3 Hand Sets. I can't why you should lack Power Richard.

• RMweb Gold

The max I think we had on Deesdale Road in a MAD MOMENT was 9, all with Sound and Lights and run from the Gaugemaster prodigy, and 3 Hand Sets. I can't why you should lack Power Richard.

Yeah, not sure ... using NCE PowerCab and running with two phones. Its the older version of the PowerCab with only 2 recall, but don't think that this is the issue....

• RMweb Gold

All ready to load into the car in the morning for the journey down to Bridport.

Really disappointed not to make it to the show due to a car break down on the way down to Bridport this morning due to a faulty exhaust gas valve......

• RMweb Gold

Really disappointed not to make it to the show due to a car break down on the way down to Bridport this morning due to a faulty exhaust gas valve......

Of  course, the only bonus is that I now have an extra day to work on the new layout !!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had an excellent day in Bury St Edmunds. Thanks again to Ray for helping out.

Had trouble connesting to Raspberry Pi from laptop to get JMRI running, but then realised that I had not connected to wireless!

All ran well.

Got some new cases for transporting locos etc so will sort these next week.

Spend some of evening on my friends VR system. Awesome fun!

• Like 1

Had an excellent day in Bury St Edmunds. Thanks again to Ray for helping out.

Had trouble connesting to Raspberry Pi from laptop to get JMRI running, but then realised that I had not connected to wireless!

All ran well.

Got some new cases for transporting locos etc so will sort these next week.

Spend some of evening on my friends VR system. Awesome fun!

That's ok. The VR was great fun.

Again thank you for the great weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...