Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

In preparation for next Orchard Road outing - RMWwb day in Taunton Sun 24th April, I thought that should dig out my two class 03's. These having not been run on the layout for a considerable time. Cleaned the wheels and test run back and forth many times, now happy enough with their running, so will bring these along on Sunday.

20220416_171139.jpg

20220416_172155.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, mudmagnet said:

In preparation for next Orchard Road outing - RMWwb day in Taunton Sun 24th April, I thought that should dig out my two class 03's. These having not been run on the layout for a considerable time. Cleaned the wheels and test run back and forth many times, now happy enough with their running, so will bring these along on Sunday.

20220416_171139.jpg

20220416_172155.jpg

It will be a class  03 fest at SWAG next week, My 2 are boxed up ready for the show.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

20220416_171139.jpg

20220416_172155.jpg

I sorry that I am unable to attend this year as I have a invite to Helston with Hounslow Sidings. I hope the 03's run well and you have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/04/2022 at 16:10, mudmagnet said:

Layout all loaded into the car ready for RMWeb day in Taunton on Sunday.

Are you back home yet Mr Magnet?

A big thank you for the chimney pots you printed for me. Much appreciated.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Are you back home yet Mr Magnet?

A big thank you for the chimney pots you printed for me. Much appreciated.

All back safely thanks!

You're very welcome @2ManySpams! I will sorting through a few other types this weekend and hope to add to my website next week.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

All set up at Mountbatten Centre in Portsmouth for this weekend exhibition.  Looks like will be a great weekend with other great layouts. 

I will have a selection of my 3D printed items for sale. 

• Like 4

Hi Richard, Nice to see you and your Sidekick at the Show today. I hope you and Ray don't catch anything nasty coming this far Souf. 😆

Enjoy tomorrow and have a safe journey home mate. 👍

• Like 1

Pleasure to meet you today @mudmagnet

Great to finally see Orchard Road TMD after spending years following the progress here on RMweb.

A beautifully detailed layout, could watch the locomotives trundle around all day!

24B1F0C5-463B-4CB8-966E-8E90EBD1B126.jpeg.b567c38785cb105070bdc1b7b9ad01ea.jpeg

88EEA0E3-2D69-49F5-AF04-10C1352FAFAA.jpeg.08d22f5d1793cbbdd9dd7a82b879bdeb.jpeg

C099731A-D13A-4463-BECC-8261551FBFDA.jpeg.e64ece2bd02f37f336caf1cd23b34bf2.jpeg

6A342F8C-AC2D-423D-B4FF-8BA562219575.jpeg.ab82c53add7e9a456c1d72c724493edf.jpeg

Thank you for showing me a few of your 3D Printed models, I’ll be placing an order once my layout reaches that stage of detailing! They’ll make great additions to my workshop.

All the best

Luke

Edited by LDM34046
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, LDM34046 said:

Pleasure to meet you today @mudmagnet

Great to finally see Orchard Road TMD after spending years following the progress here on RMweb.

A beautifully detailed layout, could watch the locomotives trundle around all day!

Thank you for showing me a few of your 3D Printed models, I’ll be placing an order once my layout reaches that stage of detailing! They’ll make great additions to my workshop.

All the best

Luke

Luke

Was great to have a chat and thanks for the comments and your photos.

Richard

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not a great deal to report, except that I have recently received my Deltic 55018 Ballymoss from Accurascale.

I've fitted the pipework to the buffers - simply done by unscrewing the buffer beam to remove and fitting the pipework. Then refitting. I will add a wire loop to one end so that will couple to stock using tension couplings.

The loco will be weathered to reflect condition not long before withdrawal from BR metals.

Very pleased with the loco, level of detail and sound.

Deltic.jpg

Deltic-2.jpg

Deltic-3.jpg

• Like 14

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wow, such a long tome since any updates on Orchard Road. In truth not a great deal to report. Apart from an additional loco and a change to the loco refueling rig - changed for one of my own 3D printed kits, nothing further has happened. I don't have any exhibition bookings and the layout remains carefully boxed and stored.

What does this mean now though?

Well, two things - 

I will be setting the layout up in a couple of weeks time to take a new set of photos for hopefully publishing in a magazine

and second, I've been thinking about future modelling plans. I spend quite a bit of time over the last twelve months or so with 3D printing (see my Mudmagnet thread) and a few 0 gauge projects. As a consequence, I've sold and still have a few locos for sale, which then makes me think, what do I want to do with Orchard Road. I still have a number of sound fitted locos and quite a few boxes of rolling stock.

So, I'm considering selling Orchard Road ..... 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• mudmagnet changed the title to Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - FOR SALE
  • RMweb Gold

As mentioned the other day, I have been considering selling Orchard Road and have now come to a decision to sell on. In part to fund a new project - 0 gauge layout and a couple of other hobbies.

I will be selling the complete layout, ready to exhibit with the NCE PowerCab and power supply for the points (DCC operated), lighting rig, front display boards and curtains. I will also include the 5 TTA tank wagons, along with my two Heljan Class 33 and Bachmann Class 47 - all sound fitted.

Collection only from North Devon.

Packs into a compact unit and fits the back of most medium sized cars.

Please message me for more details etc.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

I had an opportunity this morning to erect Orchard Road, where I has some space to work round. I wanted to take some new photos using my new camera (Sony A7iii with 16-35mm lens, then focus stacked). I'm working through these and the first shown below.

Also of note is my own 3D printed re-fueling rig and shelter which I am selling through my website.

47 fueling.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi Richard, 

Interested to hear your news about your intention to go down the 0 gauge route, I thought you might succumb to temptation at some point. I will certainly look forward to seeing your progress.

Regards Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, rcf said:

Hi Richard, 

Interested to hear your news about your intention to go down the 0 gauge route, I thought you might succumb to temptation at some point. I will certainly look forward to seeing your progress.

Regards Rob

Hi Rob

7mm modelling has always been on my radar, having spend many years modelling 0-16.5 narrow gauge. I'm not deserting 4mm modelling, but for exhibitions (hopefully) will be 0 gauge.

• Like 2

• mudmagnet changed the title to Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - Now Sold
  • RMweb Gold

Orchard Road has now been sold to a guy near Cheltenham and he plans to continue with a few shows. Sold with a few of my locos, so he is well on the way.

Consequently, opens up some space in the garage for a new project .....

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1