Perth Model Railway Show 23 and 24 June 2018

Waverley47708

After 400 Miles, a pie and coffee break and some stunning scenery, Kirkmellington is now set up and tested.

Really looking forward to tomorrow and have already spotted some fantastic layouts to watch. The only downside is being behind Accurascale and trying to avoid buying those lovely HUO hoppers.

Next stop Wetherspoons for tea and refreshments :-)

• Like 1

After 400 Miles, a pie and coffee break and some stunning scenery, Kirkmellington is now set up and tested.

Really looking forward to tomorrow and have already spotted some fantastic layouts to watch. The only downside is being behind Accurascale and trying to avoid buying those lovely HUO hoppers.

Next stop Wetherspoons for tea and refreshments :-)

All set up and raring to go. The hoppers are rather nice.....

After a long day Arnside is all set up and ready to go for the first time. Looking forward to the weekend!

Greig

Armside looks absolutely stunning and very well presented. I am sure it will be very popular over the weekend.

post-4700-0-41392400-1529783008_thumb.jpg

post-4700-0-29184000-1529783056_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waverley47708
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We are really looking forward to it too! We will be there with our good friends Model Railway Baseboards and be on hand to answer any questions and will have HUOs with us for sale across the weekend. I cannot say for certain just yet, but we may have a new model announcement at the show too! 

Look forward to seeing you there!

Well, those of us who managed to Perth - did Accurascale announce anything new at Perth today, please?

John Storey

• RMweb Gold

Well, those of us who managed to Perth - did Accurascale announce anything new at Perth today, please?

John Storey

We didn’t John, it isn’t quite ready yet.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and said hello today, and for all the positive comments and sales. Looking forward to meeting more of you tomorrow!

Elvis has left the building. St Combs is packed and ready for the journey south tomorrow.

Thanks to Stan and his colleagues for a great weekend. Pity the weather conspired to be so hot.

Thanks especially to Steve, Mike, Garth and Frank on the unloading/loading arrangements. A thankless task but well executed.

Hope the Show went well for the Club.

See you again sometime.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Thorne Yard crew are at the first stop on the journey home.

We all want to say a big thanks to Stan and the team for another great show and inviting us to come an exhibit.

Nice to chat to everyone who stopped by the layout.

The team really enjoyed themselves and we are already looking forward to bring the next layout to the show in a few years time.

Unless we build something a bit smaller in the mean time.

Thanks

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yep, well done the organisers . I made the run north and was not disappointed. Beautiful day for a drive. Good exhibition . I think Perth always try to attract far off visitors . One of the highlights for me was the Bradford layout and indeed the GWR one from Great Yarmouth. Beautiful! Well worth the trip .

• Like 1

In spite of fears based on RHS show traffic and festival traffic to Dalkeith we made it there and back relatively unscathed. A bit warm again this year (I suppose ice rinks are well insulated!) and some interesting aisles with dead ends, but the layouts were awesome. Overlord has a barrage balloon...  :jester: 

Lovely stuff, roll on next year!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you to Stan, the Perth Club and everyone who took time out to stop by and say hi to us over the weekend! It was great to meet many of you and receive such high praise for our HUOs as well as our Irish stock. We delighted to say that many of both Accurascale and IRM Models found new homes too! Thank you to everyone who placed an order with us.

Patrick and I arrived in Edinburgh this evening after an enjoyable trip over the Forth bridge (bucket list item duly ticked!) and took a wander around Waverley station soaking up the prototype inspiration all around us.

These 92s sure do look good in Cally livery...

post-7114-0-76800000-1529885722_thumb.jpeg

post-7114-0-66304300-1529885940_thumb.jpeg

Good to see triple grey skodas again.

post-7114-0-18464400-1529886066_thumb.jpeg

Looking forward to looking around again tomorrow!

• Like 4

Thanks Stan, for a show which just gets better and better.   The standard of layouts was particularly noteworthy (difficult to make choices, but Calderside and the father/son team of Harkness and Kirkmellington stand out) and the traders were many, varied, and emptied my wallet slowly and painlessly over the course of the weekend.  Looking forward to next year!!

Ray Nolton

Highland Railway Society 

• Like 2

A long lie in for me this morning. My steps monitor on my phone tells me I covered around 24 miles in 3 days moving around the show! Many thanks to all who came along either as exhibitors, traders or as visitors. The show has been another successful one and we look forward to doing it all again next year!

Trophy winners:

Best layout by public vote was 'Overlord' by Chris Mead

The Greenscene & Ten Commandments Trophy for best architectural modelling went to Greig MacKenzie for 'Arnside'

Greig also won the Jimmy Robertson Trophy awarded for scenic modelling,

The Robert Bruce Memorial Shield was won by Great Yarmouth MRC for the signalling and railway authenticity on their layout 'Aber and Emlyn'

Regards,

Stan

• Like 2

I last visited this show about ten years ago and having heard positive things about it since, I made the journey north to have a look.

I thought the show was well laid out with a great variety of quality layouts on show. Personal favourite was Calderside with the long snaking countryside scene along with the Bradford clubs layout.

My only criticism which is not worth much is that there was far too much second hand stuff with overinflated prices for stuff which really should be in a skip now. 

The fact the entrance price was only £7 with free parking makes this to be a regular show which i'll take in in the years ahead.

Well done for organising a great show which in my opinion easily rivals and slips ahead of the Glasgow

just got home after a 5 1/2 hour drive from Perth this morning with a quick stop at Berwick upon tweed, very good quality show, the Saturday afternoon social do was very nice, had a wander around the station yesterday morning, had a chat with the Yarmouth chaps again since they came to our show last November, i especially liked the fiddleyard on Calderside

post-12285-0-95056600-1529952035_thumb.jpgpost-12285-0-13987400-1529952061_thumb.jpgpost-12285-0-32540800-1529952085_thumb.jpg

A long lie in for me this morning. My steps monitor on my phone tells me I covered around 24 miles in 3 days moving around the show! Many thanks to all who came along either as exhibitors, traders or as visitors. The show has been another successful one and we look forward to doing it all again next year!

Trophy winners:

Best layout by public vote was 'Overlord' by Chris Mead

The Greenscene & Ten Commandments Trophy for best architectural modelling went to Greig MacKenzie for 'Arnside'

Greig also won the Jimmy Robertson Trophy awarded for scenic modelling,

The Robert Bruce Memorial Shield was won by Great Yarmouth MRC for the signalling and railway authenticity on their layout 'Aber and Emlyn'

Regards,

Stan