Bachmann H1 Class Atlantic

Edwardian

Just for the record, further to my previous post, #122, according to Kidner, the Pullman Company purchased 22 ex-ambulance train carriages. New cars were built for the GER and the old SER cars were rebuilt at around the same time. 12 cars came rom the LNWR, 6 became first class cars on the SECR, being rebuilt as composites in 1933.  The other 6 LNWR cars became third class ones on the LBSCR, 11-16, 5 L&YR ones became thirds on the LBSCR, too, 22-26, and  three GWR ones became LBSC thirds, 20, 23 and 30, whilst the remaining 2 GWR frames became first class cars on the Caledonian.

• RMweb Premium

Just watching Channel 5 WW1 In colour and episode 1 at 11min 15secc has
moving film in colour of H1 leaving Portsmouth dosckyard with French President on board and then arrival at Victoria has a few shots of the
carriages.
I don’t think colour movies existed from that date so suppose this must be
 'colourised’ but even so, a bit unusual and wonderfully atmospheric.
Cheers
Ian

link is here

https://www.my5.tv/world-war-1-in-colour/season-1--2/world-war-1-in-colour

moving film in colour of H1 leaving Portsmouth dosckyard with French President on board and then arrival at Victoria has a few shots of the

carriages.

Cheers

Ian

link is here

Film of any sort barely existed at that date ........ yes, the colour is a 21st century addition.

Film of any sort barely existed at that date ........ yes, the colour is a 21st century addition.

Pardon?!  Not really true is it.

It was 20 years earlier that the Lumière Brothers were showing their films in Paris in 1895 and a movie industry quickly developed from then. By the First War the film industry was well developed. Colorised film was also very early process. Trip to the Moon was colourised in 1902!

Edited by number6
  • Like 1

carriages.

Cheers

Ian

link is here

A shame I cannot view this - it can only be viewed in the British Isles. Still, it's nice to know the clip is there.

Pardon?!  Not really true is it.

It was 20 years earlier that the Lumière Brothers were showing their films in Paris in 1895 and a movie industry quickly developed from then. By the First War the film industry was well developed. Colorised film was also very early process. Trip to the Moon was colourised in 1902!

I didn't say film didn't exist - but it was still in its infancy ............. as for colourisation, it's a "Documentary using computer colorized footage from World War I to give the audience the feel of how it really looked back during the war." - which to me sounds like it's been done recently for the TV series.

• 2 weeks later...

Its still on the list as due before the end of the year even though the website says "date tba"

I read too much into Andy York's very informative 'the following items are currently in transit' post - I guess he locked it to stop people like me getting it wrong! 

Edited by KymN

• RMweb Gold

I read too much into Andy York's very informative 'the following items are currently in transit' post - I guess he locked it to stop people like me getting it wrong! 

Just received this from Derails...

"Arriving THIS WEEK are four new exciting locomotives, all of which are proving to be mega popular; the LBSC Brown H1 Atlantic [plus other stuff]..."

cheers,

Keith