I'll have to add the F class to the list then! Need to locate a drawing first though, please do let me know if you have one. My usual source of HMRS seems to have all the SECR 4-4-0s apart from that one!

Apologies Sem for borrowing your thread! I should probably make my own at some point...

IIRC there is a drawing/drawings in Russell's book on Southern locos.  Assuming that's the case, I can scan for you if that assists.

EDIT: There is some method to this madness. I like the LCDR classes, e.g. the G, but they tended to stay on home ground.  The Fs seem to have been stalwarts on the Tonbridge cut-off; Ds and Es for the Car Trains and Boat Trains, perhaps, but Fs for just about everything else!

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening Sir,

I have come to add something more to your list, I have had another OWW request from our very Midland friend.

He has asked "The Wilson 0-6-0 this time. Again, smooth boiler and cab front weatherboard."

He also provided a drawing with this one!

post-22762-0-91036100-1524257574_thumb.jpg

Gary

• Like 4

Good evening Sir,

I have come to add something more to your list, I have had another OWW request from our very Midland friend.

He has asked "The Wilson 0-6-0 this time. Again, smooth boiler and cab front weatherboard."

He also provided a drawing with this one!

attachicon.gifis4vMSZi.jpg large.jpg

Gary

That is exactly the type of loco I was thinking about in my earlier post. I would like to see an extensive collection of 3D 'scratch aids' for early traction so that I could model the likes of the O.W.&W. and later WMR. A selection of early contractors locomotives would also be greatly appreciated.

Dave R.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Fluted Wilson/Manning Wardle domes and safety valve covers would be a great start for making useful bits.  In the past I shied away from building these locomotives simply because I didn't have a clue how to go about making these very distinctive parts.

Fluted Wilson/Manning Wardle domes and safety valve covers would be a great start for making useful bits. In the past I shied away from building these locomotives simply because I didn't have a clue how to go about making these very distinctive parts.

Rt models do the safety valve cover with their manning wardle l class kit, might be worth enquiring about purchasing it separately, either there or 5 and 9 models, from the Jenny Lind kit

• RMweb Gold

Fluted Wilson/Manning Wardle domes and safety valve covers would be a great start for making useful bits. In the past I shied away from building these locomotives simply because I didn't have a clue how to go about making these very distinctive parts.

Annie - S&D Models do some whitemetal Manning Wardle parts in 7mm scale http://www.sanddmodels.co.uk/products_43_standard.htm - they are from their range of MW kits. All very nicely cast and not too expensive either.

Just finished reading this book and thought I'd see if any one else has read it.

"The Locomotive Pioneers, Early Steam Locomotive Development. 1801-1851" by Anthony Burton.

A very informative read.

Just finished reading this book and thought I'd see if any one else has read it.

"The Locomotive Pioneers, Early Steam Locomotive Development. 1801-1851" by Anthony Burton.

A very informative read.

No I've not read it. Sounds good can I borrow it?

This list will continue expanding, methinks...

post-33498-0-70802900-1524409060_thumb.jpg

I think I'm getting there with the 4-4-0... some more filling and sanding and a few more adjustments yet to do... then the tender. Hmm...

post-33498-0-53092400-1524409102_thumb.jpg

post-33498-0-20129200-1524409154_thumb.jpg

The 'G6' after filling and sanding, perched on a GBL C class chassis that Linny sent me for the photographs.

post-33498-0-72824500-1524409222_thumb.jpg

And on the Dapol 4800 chassis it will be living on for the foreseeable future, hence why the splashers have disappeared! I quite like it... not my plan, but I like it...

• Like 5

attachicon.gifIMG_1332.JPG

I think I'm getting there with the 4-4-0... some more filling and sanding and a few more adjustments yet to do... then the tender. Hmm...

attachicon.gifIMG_1333.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1334.JPG

The 'G6' after filling and sanding, perched on a GBL C class chassis that Linny sent me for the photographs.

attachicon.gifIMG_1335.JPG

And on the Dapol 4800 chassis it will be living on for the foreseeable future, hence why the splashers have disappeared! I quite like it... not my plan, but I like it...

Smart little trio of engines you have there. Good job!

Well... two engines!

The 'G6' and what has now been christened Mid Sussex Light Railway (Allows me to use MS&LR Transfers from GCR packs!) No.12 'Ashington' are one of the same, just with different chassis plonked underneath!

Why the change from LGWR?

post-33498-0-35291400-1524412322_thumb.png

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMG_1332.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1333.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1334.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1335.JPG

The ex-G6 actually looks good as a 'neverwassa' 0-4-2 Sem.  In fact it looks quite plausible.  I'll be interested to see how this locomotive progresses as you continue to work on it.

All those amazing drawings and photos Midland Mole; - thanks for posting them.

Edited by Annie