RMweb

TV presenters you either love or hate

allan downes

• RMweb Gold

All hate so far..... so....  :bomb_mini: ...Jeremy Vine with his astonishing ignorance in some of his interviews....but hey ho.....millions seem to love him on his quiz show!

Then there's that Nick Robinson on the 'Today' programme. I'm not deaf ...(well l don't think that l am!) but his gravelly voice becomes incomprehensible to me when it drops off at the end of a piece. Never thought that l would be glad when l tune in and it's J.Humphries on!

When l can't stand Robinson any more l switch to R3 and then the relief after tuning to R2 and Ken Bruce.....oh.....then it's that Vine again....!

There...l feel much better now.......good to vent one's spleen now and again! :P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Paul Martin (Flog It)

Must admit I wasn't at all keen on him (but he's better than that Johnty bloke).  However, just recently he's been doing more background stuff on stately homes and churches close to where the recording's taking place, and I now find him a whole lot better.

• RMweb Gold

Jeremy Vine with his astonishing ignorance in some of his interviews

JV interviewed Deb (sitting here in France of course) live on radio in 2007, about the pending cut in healthcare facilities for non-French EU citizens in France. There were interviews with a number of cancer suffers (she wasn't one at the time, simply spearheaded the campaign) who would have treatment stopped. He made such an uninformed horlicks of it that complaints were made and it had to be re-run a few weeks later. In fairness, such people are victims of their researcher on some issues. 

• RMweb Premium

Then there's that Nick Robinson on the 'Today' programme. I'm not deaf ...(well l don't think that l am!) but his gravelly voice becomes incomprehensible to me when it drops off at the end of a piece. Never thought that l would be glad when l tune in and it's J.Humphries on!

That is due to his very serious Lung Cancer in 2015 resulting in damage to his vocal cords. I recall hearing his colleagues from the BBC interviewing him about the after effects as he had lost his voice for some time.

A lot of interesting information in this news report https://www.theguardian.com/healthcare-network/2016/dec/28/nick-robinson-never-thought-get-voice-back-speech-therapist-bbc

• RMweb Premium

I’m actually disenchanted with all of them . I now tune in for the headlines then switch onto something else . Have to say I’m growing to quite like Micheal Portillo. His US rail journeys being particularly good this time . A useful diversion from the news.

"Barry" Bucknell & Jack Hargreaves were OK. (I have to mention Bodger as he was related) The there was Fanny and Major Johnny. Suberb!

After those four everything became a bit of a blur.  I'm told those Tele-visual things now do their stuff in colour?

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

"Barry" Bucknell & Jack Hargreaves were OK. (I have to mention Bodger as he was related) The there was Fanny and Major Johnny. Suberb!

After those four everything became a bit of a blur.  I'm told those Tele-visual things now do their stuff in colour?

Barry wasn't as good as Reg Prentiss.

All hate so far..... so....  :bomb_mini: ...Jeremy Vine with his astonishing ignorance in some of his interviews....but hey ho.....millions seem to love him on his quiz show!

He annoyed me on some quiz when he asked what sport "Oola Oolsen was a 3 time world champ". One of the options was speedway & I am a big fan of that so it couldn't be that one..could it?

It was Ole Olsen! I know than name very well. It is pronounced Olly Olsen though. Never forgave him for that one....

Fanny Haddock....I swear she was embalmed!

Hate.....anyone of the alleged 'presenters' on whatever the ITV lunchtime dross prog is for laydees.

No one of any particular talent or ability although one stands out for 2 good reasons.

Love.....Uncle Jonny Noakes, Bob Symes and yes good old pipe smoking Jack Hargeaves........and his lessons on whittling for lads.

• Like 2