Lima Class 60 details sought

I have managed to aquire a cheap Lima class 60, and am looking to update it to a more detailed standard. So far I have got some buffers and air horns, and am currently trying to get some bodyside grills.

I was wondering if there are any kits to add engine room interior details, as once the grills are on, the doughnut will be rather empty!

Mine is alo missing its windscreen wipers and the font snowplough, so I'll need to sort those out (I know A1 do various wipers, but sadly there weren't any at the York show) I'm not sure if scratchbuilding will work for the plough (well mainly if my skills are up to it!) or if there is an etched one available?

Any advice will be gratefully recieved

Thanks

J

Mine is alo missing its windscreen wipers and the font snowplough

I have a couple of Lima 60 ploughs if you want them, is it the 'full' plough of the one with the notch in it so you can use tension lock couplings?

• 3 months later...
Mine is alo missing its windscreen wipers and the font snowplough, so I'll need to sort those out (I know A1 do various wipers, but sadly there weren't any at the York show) I'm not sure if scratchbuilding will work for the plough (well mainly if my skills are up to it!) or if there is an etched one available?

I wouldn't bother with any of the A1 parts for the sixty - they've had their day and are very crude compared with more modern offerings.

I can't remember the issue numbers but Tim Shackleton's write of upgrading the Lima Class 60 in MRJ is excellent!

The shawplan parts are very nice and well worth seeking out.

The articles are in MRJ 109 & 110

Thank you :)

9th April to 20th July - is that the best ever Dead-Cat Bounce on RMWeb? wink.gif

I was looking for something and this popped up!

One car owners forum I'm on recently had a thread resurrection with a six year gap!

With all due respect and IMHO, unless you are wanting a detailing project i.e. enjoy major detailing work, I wouldn't bother working on the Lima 60 when the excellent Hornby 60 can be had for as little as £40 s/h and £45-£50 new, if you look around.

I picked up a s/h mint 60 and a new one with a slightly tatty box for £40 & £45 recently at an exhibition. Just a thought. Nick

I've also got a Lima 60 and a collection of detailing parts that I will, one day, get round to adding together. I do have Hornby one too but the Lima one will be what I can call a fun 'modelling project'. ;)

steve

Archived