RMweb

WORLD'S WORST RAILWAYS !

allan downes

• RMweb Gold

The fourth picture is definitely very bad quality photoshop work. The two 'kids' have long shadows and the train doesn't. one of the kids is just a reversed image of the other, I could go on . The last picture is just silly, you can even see the ballast is warped!

but the first picture is truly frightening 

Edited by Vistiaen

The fourth picture is definitely very bad quality photoshop work. The two 'kids' have long shadows and the train doesn't. one of the kids is just a reversed image of the other, I could go on . The last picture is just silly, you can even see the ballast is warped!

but the first picture is truly frightening 

Agree about the photoshopping but, and as they say, there's a prototype for everything !Even this.

2cf102b36e708ded469ee629720f5a7f--hartfo

• Like 1

I do hope the point visible in the second photo is securely clipped out of use ;). It wouldn't look so bad if the camera was held level.

And that Russian(?) one is another obvious Photoshop job.

• RMweb Premium

Well...  I won't name the operator but suffice to say I had backache sitting for just two stops in the brand new seats of a certain brand new class of multiple unit, available only in what the Bus & Coach industry used to call 'Dealer Stock White' and a couple of days ago absolutely slated in the correspondence pages of certain London centric free newspapers...

• RMweb Premium

The fourth picture is definitely very bad quality photoshop work. The two 'kids' have long shadows and the train doesn't. one of the kids is just a reversed image of the other, I could go on .

Oh you mean the passengers on the roof , sooooo obvious .

Three poor photoshops and the fifth is a rather sad image as many died in that fire.

Yes, a photo of the carriages in the aftermath of the Al Ayyat disaster in Egypt (2002). A conflagration occurred after a gas cylinder exploded. Officially the death toll was put at 383, but could have been as many as 1000 killed, as the number of passengers wasn’t known. I hope they are not charred human remains behind some of the windows.

Sorry, but posting the image here - for humour - crosses the boundaries of decency and taste.

Yes, a photo of the carriages in the aftermath of the Al Ayyat disaster in Egypt (2002). A conflagration occurred after a gas cylinder exploded. Officially the death toll was put at 383, but could have been as many as 1000 killed, as the number of passengers wasn’t known. I hope they are not charred human remains behind some of the windows.

Sorry, but posting the image here - for humour - crosses the boundaries of decency and taste.

Well I don't find it humorous either even if you think I do.

This thread is about the world's worst railways and, sadly, like it or otherwise, unfortunately people do die on them - as do people in motorway crashes/plain crashes that are brought to our attention visually  when ever they occur on the daily news.

The ideal World is only seen by people who live behind rose tinted glasses.

Well I don't find it humorous either even if you think I do.

This thread is about the world's worst railways and, sadly, like it or otherwise, unfortunately people do die on them - as do people in motorway crashes/plain [sic] crashes that are brought to our attention visually when ever they occur on the daily news.

The ideal World is only seen by people who live behind rose tinted glasses.

Which is why I’m reporting your initial post to the moderators. None of that intention was clear within the post and some have marked it as “funny”. Were you aware of the story behind the burnt out train when you included it?

PS Thanks, Andy for taking down the offending image.

Edited by EddieB

I certainly thought the intent of the OP was to be humorous, although I didn't find the 'burnt out' photo funny as I thought there'd be a back story to it, although I didn't know what that was.

Plenty of disasters on British railways could be posted to make it look like the worst railway in the world, if that's what the thread was supposed to be about.

Actually none of the photos were that funny anyway, but same goes for certain member's posts on the 'Jokes' thread. ;) ...which is why I thought I'd try and lighten things up a bit with my post about the worst Model Railway track, since my track goes against all the accepted wisdom for laying track ever published.

• Like 1