CRT kits GWR milk tanks and Bulleid coaches Any good

steve fay

Thanks Simon, that’s great, I foresee a set coming on to grace the sea wall unfortunately mine won’t have the more colourful liveries

Hi Steve,

Now that I definitely would like to see, nice one !

Grahame

• Like 1

Although I haven't built any of the CRT Milk tankers I have built the LMS period I BG and it was a nice kit and went together easily. My only criticism was lack of detail on the bogies - I scratch built the brake gear for them.

As John says, CRT are not alone in this as sadly a lot of the bogies available in kit's or RTR have minimal details.

• Like 2

Evening all,

Looked on here and have seen that JLTRT have ceased trading, I was very shocked to hear, anyone know what has happened?

There’s been quite a bit about it on the GoG forum and WT. I think there’s a thread on RMWeb too, a quick search on these, or indeed Facebook, will provide you with the facts, and more opinion than you can throw a stick at :)

Best

Simon

Hi Steve,

Now that I definitely would like to see, nice one !

Grahame

There’s a good chance that the first board has sold, we are working out the final details but I’m going to continue on with board 2 as I’ve outlined in my main line micros thread and build an additional 2 boards both 6’ long taking it to 16’

I’ve got a group of friends who are willing to help at exhibitions as well as I can’t do it alone.

The sea wall is a special place for me and many others and I’m sure would be popular at shows. So to do this I need to build up some stock and a milk train is high up on the list.

As for JLTRT wait until Easter as I’m sure some thing is being announced.

Any pictures of completed Bulleid Coaches any one ??

Edited by steve fay

Excellent news all round Steve, and I can fully understand the need for help ! Good luck with that.

I haven't been on the run to the shop I use in Newton Abbot for materials for a month,  but with the seasonal changes there is always something magical for me when I travel along that line. I consider myself very lucky to have a reasonable access to it.

Fingers firmly crossed for the JLTRT situation eh !  Although it pails into insignificance in the overall scheme I hit it all wrong when I decided to try and purchase some point stretcher bars, hey-ho !  I had set my heart on getting some, perhaps after easter maybe ?

Grahame

• RMweb Premium

CRT regularly attend shows with examples of both the milk tankers and coaches on display although best to ring in advance if you are hoping to collect a specific kit (which requires organisation obviously, hence I haven’t yet purchased!).

This is the only CRT kit that I have built, but I found it enjoyable to build, lots of etched parts and an RSU comes in very handy. A solid coach that rolls/ free wheels along nicely.

post-7101-0-06491300-1520965760_thumb.jpg

post-7101-0-80450700-1520965798_thumb.jpg

post-7101-0-82618200-1520965821_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps,

Martyn.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

A bit of a bump to this thread and slightly off topic.  I mentioned above that I had ordered the CRT Thompson 6 wheel brake.  This was in February.  Robert did advise in March that his caster was having weather issues.  Fair enough.

We're now well into May and my previous two emails to him have been ignored.

My question is whether anyone has ordered kits since Feb. and had them delivered?  Anybody have insight into whats going on at CRT?

I am conscious that there could be any number of reasons for non response, so am reluctant to go into high dudgeon mode.

Thanks

John

• RMweb Premium

A bit of a bump to this thread and slightly off topic.  I mentioned above that I had ordered the CRT Thompson 6 wheel brake.  This was in February.  Robert did advise in March that his caster was having weather issues.  Fair enough.

We're now well into May and my previous two emails to him have been ignored.

My question is whether anyone has ordered kits since Feb. and had them delivered?  Anybody have insight into whats going on at CRT?

I am conscious that there could be any number of reasons for non response, so am reluctant to go into high dudgeon mode.

Thanks

John

No sign of them on the Reading large scale show suppliers list for this weekend. Which of course proves nothing but rules out getting someone to ask for you unfortunately

John,

I agree, “High dudgeon” might indeed be excessive, but “Indignant” or “Mildly peeved” could be suitable :)

Seriously, if you’re running a business you have a responsibility to communicate, particularly with folks who have placed orders. It doesn’t take long to answer an email. Even if it is to say “sorry, we’re having problems, will get back to you”

Btw the weather in Blighty is now lovely. It was b* cold damp & horrid until about 10 days ago.

Best

Simon

Edited by Simond

In the latest Gazette, CRT are advertising their latest release which are BR (S) Ex-Maunsell push/pull coaches for 2-car sets , " so tempted" ....

So it looks like he's been busy with every intention of carrying on, just needs to keep his customers informed of any delays.

Martyn.

In the latest Gazette, CRT are advertising their latest release which are BR (S) Ex-Maunsell push/pull coaches for 2-car sets , " so tempted" ....

So it looks like he's been busy with every intention of carrying on, just needs to keep his customers informed of any delays.

Martyn.

Hello Steve Fred here .My Bulleid 3 coach set haven't arrived yet either. I was getting rather worried as its been over 4 months now and he hasn't answered my last couple of emails .He did say in the last email he answered that the cold weather had disrupted casting of parts . Looks like we will just all have to hang on in there . Not knowing what's going on does get the old paranoia going though .

Fred 

Edited by Fred Lewis

Hello Steve Fred here .My Bulleid 3 coach set haven't arrived yet either. I was getting rather worried as its been over 4 months now and he hasn't answered my last couple of emails .He did say in the last email he answered that the cold weather had disrupted casting of parts . Looks like we will jest all have to hang on in there . Not knowing what's going on does get the old paranoia going though .

Fred

Hi fred I was going to drop you a message this morning to see if you had any news! I can recall many years back when I ordered the 15xx off them there would be long periods of silence and unanswered emails.

Let’s hope they get in touch soon

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 1

Hi fred I was going to drop you a message this morning to see if you had any news! I can recall many years back when I ordered the 15xx off them there would be long periods of silence and unanswered emails.

Let’s hope they get in touch soon

Steve, I've just had an email from Robert at CRT to say my kits are nearly ready and will be with me soon . He has been on holiday for a few weeks that's why he hasn't been answering his emails .I think ether customers will here from them soon . Good news. 

Fred

Completely agree Simon.  I had 20 yrs in Customer Support and communication with customers is incredibly important.

Thanks for that Fred.  Looks as though we're stuck in the same boat.  ...and I just saw your last post so I'm hopeful that he will be in touch with me shortly.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Like 1