Hayley Mills: a classic

bigP

Afternoon all,

(Wasn't sure where to put this so have gone for the layouts section - please move if needs be mods)

Just come across some very old footage of the classic layout Hayley Mills on youtube, buried within a random video of other layouts.

Unless you speak Spanish forget about the commentary, but do enjoy the layout!

Footage starts at 10m 02s, but for some reason the timed link below doesn't want to work.

Cheers,

PauI

I well remember reading about Hayley Mills in an old issue of Rail magazine, it introduced me to the concept of modelling the current British Rail scene and keeping pace with what was occurring on the real network, i.e new loco liveries or freight flows etc.

• Like 1

Afternoon all,

(Wasn't sure where to put this so have gone for the layouts section - please move if needs be mods)

Just come across some very old footage of the classic layout Hayley Mills on youtube, buried within a random video of other layouts.

Unless you speak Spanish forget about the commentary, but do enjoy the layout!

Footage starts at 10m 02s, but for some reason the timed link below doesn't want to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GCnOHUWVGI&t=10m02s

Cheers,

Paul

Blimey, that's taken me right back ...

Good to see that we were operating the layout reasonable well!

And it's only taken me 6 years to make my initial post.

Edited by Ramirez Noname
  • Like 2

I remember the article in the Model Rail supplement (think I've still got it somewhere) and looking forward to seeing this layout at the 1994 Imrex show when it used to be at the Royal Horticultural Hall near Victoria -needless to say it didn't disappoint!

This will be what you're looking for, created by the Master himself. Lots of other interesting stuff on the site too, particularly if you like O Gauge.

https://www.lynxmodels.net/hayley-mills.html

Interesting read, it was an inspiration to me, the only time I have seen it was boxed up in the BMRG club room. I recall it was owned by Geoff Endacott rather than the club and hence it was never on the club radar in my time to get it running. I agree with Steve's comment that this needs the right stock (detailed Lima rather new Bachmann) stock to be in keeping with the layout.

• Like 1