Link to a fantastic Turkish outline layout

NGT6 1315

Guest Max Stafford

Wonderful! It's the little details like the coat hanging from the door that really help to add the magic. :)

Dave.

Wonderful! It's the little details like the coat hanging from the door that really help to add the magic. :)

Dave.

It's absolutely beautiful- at one point, I could only tell that building with the hoist was a model when I scrolled down and saw the figure. Given that it seems to be a German site, I find it strange that the postings are in English!

• RMweb Gold

Dave.

I liked the storks nesting on the Roman arch.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Impressive stuff indeed - thanks for linking us in! I love his little details, like the lady making herself - er - comfortable (about P5, I think). And I am impressed by his use of written English, which appears, as is so often and embarrassingly the case among other nations, to be better than some English forum members can manage! How many of us speak two words of Turkish?

• RMweb Gold

I can manage two.

"Fevkelada" which means "great, brilliant".

The other one is "Kebab".

Ok, ok, so you got me there! Presumably you came across these two words together, on the back of a van parked in a UK station approach one evening?

• RMweb Premium

I just looked over the layout thread from my OP again and can second you all on everything you pointed out. Those ancient ruins are hugely impressive, too, and certainly something you do not see very frequently in the context of model railways! I wish I had anything even close to that skill...

I know nothing about Turkish railways,

I do and its even more impressive for that!

I chased steam in Turkey in the early 80s and have always fancied doing a little Turkish model diorama based on the fact that virtually all Turkish locos are built to familiar designs and thus can be created using existing models

Due to this guy and his awesome layout, i had to find out just a little bit more about the countrys railways - it seems they are indeed, rather fascinating!

I knew about the Kriegsloks and WD's but look what else they've had in the past and also what variety they run today!

http://www.trainsofturkey.com/index.htm

No, i'm not getting into this.............

I've got enough on my plate already...........

No....

Cheers,

John E.

Plus, my loyalties are to Greece and the OSE, anyway! D'oh!

Like to learn more about how he makes them. For that matter, more on his techniques for stonework would be welcome as well. Certainly an exceptional modeler!

As it happens he did do a tutorial on how he makes trees.

Abd Usta's how to make a tree

He also has a mate who has a Turkish layout which is pretty good. He also has threads running on MRF and Railways of Germany. He does some excellent weathering too.

cheers

Neil

Archived