The National Festival of Railway Modelling - 8&9 December 2018

BRMExhibitions

Is it signposted from the main road? I'll be coming from Essex, yet to plan my route.

Look for the East of England Showground signs off the A1 Steve; you'll find it with no problems.

Pboro_aerial.jpg

Have a good trip.

Look for the East of England Showground signs off the A1 Steve; you'll find it with no problems.

attachicon.gifPboro_aerial.jpg

Have a good trip.

That's great, couldn't be much clearer than that, thanks Andy. Screenshot and in my phone now :-)

Steve.

Edited by sb67

Is there any reason why East of England Showground is not included in the official address? This seems a bit silly because the showground is clearly signposted from the A1. The East of England Arena & Events Centre is not. You would expect them to be somewhere near to each other but not necessarily in the same place.

The speedway track (visible from the show) has always been known as the East of England Showground.

GETS was the same. Advertised as Arena MK, which is not signposted from anywhere & could be anywhere in Milton Keynes. It is part of the Stadium:MK which is clearly signposted at many locations around the town, so why not add this to the address?

Is there any reason why East of England Showground is not included in the official address? This seems a bit silly because the showground is clearly signposted from the A1. The East of England Arena & Events Centre is not. You would expect them to be somewhere near to each other but not necessarily in the same place.

The speedway track (visible from the show) has always been known as the East of England Showground.

I can't give a complete answer to that Pete but I assume it's so that visitors know that it's the Arena rather than another part of the Showground site and listing something as taking place at the East of England Arena, East of England Showground would confuse *some* if there are multiple events on site.

Anyway I've just checked and the speedway season seems to be over and no other events are on there this weekend.

That's great, couldn't be much clearer than that, thanks Andy. Screenshot and in my phone now :-)

Steve.

I've just looked at the signposts on the A1 from the south on Streetview and they're not great to be honest Steve. There are signs for Services (a BP garage) and the turning is just after that. A sign at the sliproad (not before) says ' Showground, Chesterton, Alwalton, Elton.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.5461898,-0.3329827,3a,75y,288.98h,85.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGh_UGR3-XSLJhQr0NiQB6A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Anyway I've just checked and the speedway season seems to be over and no other events are on there this weekend.

Speedway season is definitely over. It is a sport I have followed ever since I can remember. They seem to have a rule which prohibits any racing after the end of October, even if it does leave some leagues unfinished.

You should never have a clash at Peterborough anyway. I could explain why if you want to be bored!

You should never have a clash at Peterborough anyway. I could explain why if you want to be bored!

I've only ever known something on the Friday evening when we're leaving after set-up to be fair; it can be interesting getting out of the gate if you time it badly.

• Administrators

Booo. I've never been to speedway and often fancied a look. I did get to go greyhound racing when the accomodation for the London show was at Walthamstow. 

Booo. I've never been to speedway and often fancied a look. I did get to go greyhound racing when the accomodation for the London show was at Walthamstow.

If I'm honest I did go and look at the calendar to see if it was feasible to go this evening if there'd been a meeting.

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifPboro_aerial.jpg

Have a good trip.

You can also return back to the A1 Southbound by the same route, but turning right - sign posted ALWALTON – into Orundle Road, through the Village passing the Cuckoo PH. It’s not sign posted A1 to deter vehicles from using this route!

You can also return back to the A1 Southbound by the same route, but turning right - sign posted ALWALTON – into Orundle Road, through the Village passing the Cuckoo PH. It’s not sign posted A1 to deter vehicles from using this route!

I did see that on the photo and wondered if that was the way back, thanks.

Steve.

Hmm can’t actually write that sort of reply on my iPod for some reason.

First time I used sat nav to get to the show it brought me to an entrance gate at the wrong end of the showground. I could see cars coming towards me and turning into the parking but the gates in front of me were locked. I’ve used the Oundel road as my target since then.

Edited by Darwinian