Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Gold

Let me elucidate. I'm very Arab looking as my father was Maltese, one of my sisters is very very white, same father but she favours our mother who was from Yorkshire and the youngest sister is black, different father.

Regards Lez.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Quite a good match for a Romney and certainly in the time frame for Warren. Maybe add a wash of light earth on the fleece and blacken the hoofs a bit.

Regards Lez.  

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Quite a good match for a Romney and certainly in the time frame for Warren. Maybe add a wash of light earth on the fleece and blacken the hoofs a bit.

Regards Lez.  

Thanks Lez

Now I have the seal of approval I’ll crack on with the remaining sheepies and add a wash as suggested

PS does this remind you of anyone?

IMG_9615.jpeg.8844cdcecff4c6af51618439a68b19d0.jpeg

It must be an 80’s sheep as it appears to be wearing leg warmers?

• Like 6
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

It looks even more like a Romney from that angle Chris maybe the white needs to be grey'd down a little coz it looks very VERY white. The Romney is a long wool breed so as I said it looks a good match.

Regards Lez.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

It looks even more like a Romney from that angle Chris maybe the white needs to be grey'd down a little coz it looks very VERY white. The Romney is a long wool breed so as I said it looks a good match.

Regards Lez.

Seconded. That or a Corriedale, but they tend to be a bit "fluffier".

Edited by RedGemAlchemist

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

……Is that one of the Serious Play sheep?

It is, I’ve had them a while and unfortunately a few of them are damaged so I only have seven with all four legs so I’ve sanded down one of the legless ones in the hope it will look like he’s laying down….

IMG_9616.jpeg.ef92c1593e65fa7f86d527cb08f593ec.jpeg

…..I’ve added a subtle wash as suggested by @lezz01 

I don’t think Serious Play are trading any more

19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

PS: maybe it’s not wearing leg warmers, but wrinkled stockings? Maybe it’s Nora Baaatty?

I think you might be right 😂

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lezz01 said:

Who'd have thought sheeps would have been so complicated.

Regards Lez.

I know 🙄

So my next layout will have no animals, no people, no locos, no rolling stock, no track, no scenery and no buildings which should hopefully reduce the complexity 🤪

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

I know 🙄

So my next layout will have no animals, no people, no locos, no rolling stock, no track, no scenery and no buildings which should hopefully reduce the complexity 🤪

So what type of baseboard will you be using for the next layout? Ready made? Self built? Plywood? Geotex? Plaster? Chicken wire?

• Funny 5

18 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

There are a number of fiendishly obscure motorcycle parts made of that stuff. I seem to spend half my life looking for them.

Couldn't you just go back to basics - quarks plus a neutron minus a proton times by an electron.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Couldn't you just go back to basics - quarks plus a neutron minus a proton times by an electron.

But you still have to mill, cross drill and then broach an eight point spline to fit the brake cam...

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

But you still have to mill, cross drill and then broach an eight point spline to fit the brake cam...

Don't worry that's where the scanning electron microscope comes in handy. Amazing what you can get on Freecycle isn't it.

3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Don't worry that's where the scanning electron microscope comes in handy. Amazing what you can get on Freecycle isn't it.

Where do you think my other half got the cyclotron form? One owner from new and unused since 1945.

Nice chap, threw in a coffee table with a very handy wicker magazine rack too...

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Where do you think my other half got the cyclotron form? One owner from new and unused since 1945.

Nice chap, threw in a coffee table with a very handy wicker magazine rack too...

Ah I wondered where that had got too. That's the last time I book an Uber.

• Funny 1

13 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Cyclotrons are old hat now that everyone has one in the kitchen.

Regards Lez.

Not when you haven't got around to replacing the microwave that the memsahib blew up.

Going back to the sheep, one of my Serious Play sheep also lost a leg, they were a rather brittle resin.

He stands in some long grass, munching contentedly.

The old Merit sheep can survive a trip round the vacuum cleaner with typical ovine indifference....

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 2