• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

No doubt there would have been a banner repeater signal the other side of the bridge.

I have no idea about that, I’m not clever enough to know such things

I do have a photo somewhere from the other side of the bridge that shows the signal is in clear line of sight (you have to imagine the track is straight)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I have no idea about that, I’m not clever enough to know such things

I do have a photo somewhere from the other side of the bridge that shows the signal is in clear line of sight (you have to imagine the track is straight)

I'd forgotten about those photos you took a while back.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

I’ve no doubt put it in the wrong place but the position of the grounded van has been decided and the base glued in position

IMG_9467.jpeg.4982d08c09e45d52dc5ea595afe8fb37.jpeg

Hopefully with a little lighting you’ll be able to see the fitter at work

IMG_9470.jpeg.79a7c35f2e751250cb7703690c94acb4.jpeg

I’m also going to try and position one of the guys sitting to be visible through the window

I still need to add lighting but I can at least ballast that area now when I can the chance

I like the placement of the grounded van. It's another good view blocker for the bridge and helps with the illusion that the trains are disappearing to another place. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

I'd forgotten about those photos you took a while back.

I’m sure you’re still correct though, especially with the signal being positioned where it is

Signalling has and always will be something I struggle with

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I like the placement of the grounded van. It's another good view blocker for the bridge and helps with the illusion that the trains are disappearing to another place. 

It helps to fill what would otherwise be a relatively big empty flat space and a good excuse for another barrow crossing

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 5

Looking really good @chuffinghell.

Not aware of a crossing that would be so close to a buffer stop, given railway rules about passing between vehicles, but prototype for everything etc. 

In considering where the van would be located, the Bogs and Bicycle Sheds Dept would, I suspect, either: Have the bank dug out behind the buffer stop to create a walking route to the rest of the yard. Or, as a crane would probably be needed to position the van, it could have been utilised to move the buffer stop to avoid excavating the bank and building a retaining wall. Unless the siding needed to be a specific length.🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I might be able to lose a little of the siding.

IMG_9479.jpeg.b886996d966b76eeefabea96511fd487.jpeg

magnets have been positioned for uncoupling but I should be able to reduce the siding by approximately 20mm (maybe)

IMG_9478.jpeg.a6b32f9b1cfd78c1a2cb405614bbf612.jpeg

I was only going to use this siding as a home for the crane and PT way wagons.

Although I will have to move them occasionally now otherwise you’d never see the grounded van

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure the length of the siding and position of the magnets was determined by the rake of wagons being stored and to allow the largest loco to cross the points and still clear the parked wagons.........not sure what to do now

• Friendly/supportive 2

To keep the buffer face in the same position, you could match the rake/ angle of the supporting rails behind the buffer stop to those at the front? This looks like it would leave two sleepers space at the back of the buffer. Sleeper spacing on a siding would probably be 2ft 3in centres. Taking the width of the sleepers into account would probably give you 3ft, or 12mms to play with for a walkway behind the bufferstop. Enough to get a barrow through for anything heavy. 

Would that help?

• RMweb Gold

Do the people in the van need to get to the good yard? I presume it's a PW/S&T van as it's next to their siding, so most of their kit will be going on/off those wagons. Therefore they just need enough room to walk...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nick C said:

Do the people in the van need to get to the good yard? I presume it's a PW/S&T van as it's next to their siding, so most of their kit will be going on/off those wagons. Therefore they just need enough room to walk...

That makes sense. Perhaps instead of the board crossing, a timber run off for a PW trolley or two to the left of the hut?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

The idea behind the grounded van was to be a general workshop and mess room for the staff so I suppose access isn’t really an issue?…..provided Sid the shutter watches where he’s going while he’s on his way to grab a brew

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

A couple of OO gauge modelu figures might give a better sense of scale 🤪

6361937d-6e8c-48f2-87bd-6094d890b153.jpeg.2814877ab677438282d36738d21ad2cc.jpeg

You should send that image to modelu. They feature images of their figures. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

We’ve got one of those hand pumps at work! You’ve got the colours and branding spot on - instantly recognisable.
Ours keeps leaking hydraulic fluid everywhere and the pressure gauge is knackered so it’s in the “to be scrapped” pile.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

As some of you know I’ve spent the last six weeks working on a model for a colleague at work that wanted a model of a Filter Press for his father-in-law’s 80th Birthday

His Father-in-law owned a Filter Press company that our company bought when he retired

This is the biggest model I’ve done using my own printer at a scale of 1:10

IMG_9566.jpeg.a9babfafac34c12da11860e7464db1ac.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg.50ab645f8918f9ea8ff4d8423ec716f4.jpeg

IMG_9564.jpeg.e21c74067b2978990b6d0e89f73967cd.jpeg

IMG_9563.jpeg.b2c6414e7486398abc920482bdb6d338.jpeg

IMG_9567.jpeg.b39bae095e5ff01efdce4b44a54363d7.jpeg

IMG_9568.jpeg.c26b37fdcaeab71ca4bf5c2effbf001f.jpeg

Something extra he doesn’t know about until I give it to him tomorrow 

IMG_9569.jpeg.474b314605e45834a14657ebc09875dd.jpeg

IMG_9570.jpeg.67ebb5f2196f5abf9f2d7578d8944dae.jpeg

IMG_9571.jpeg.ada904dc10ce57b69c38345bdac7263c.jpeg

IMG_9572.jpeg.badd39b551013a8c073d40692eacec82.jpeg