• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Nick C said:

Nothing wrong with the loco entering the tunnel to run around - see Ventnor, IOW as an example...

Thanks Nick, very useful and informative

I'm currently looking at replacing the tunnel with a road bridge, a variation on @KNP’s suggestion

The tunnel has become ‘plan B’

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Hello Chris,

I see your post on the Tyteford Halt thread, really like that layout. I'm good ta, hope your ok and staying safe. 

How are you getting on with the bridge? 

We’re good Steve thank you

Sarah’s daughter has moved into a house with her friend so I’ve been doing my stepdad duties and helping them out with a spot of DIY so momentum has slowed to a crawl on my layout at the moment.

I have a plan though so I’ll be able to crack on soon once my services are no longer required :lol:

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Sarah’s daughter has moved into a house with her friend so I’ve been doing my stepdad duties and helping them out with a spot of DIY so momentum has slowed to a crawl on my layout at the moment.

Does this mean a new play railway room has become vacant?

• Funny 1

54 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

The thought had crossed my mind but Sarah has beaten me too it and is planning to have it as her office

You got to be quicker there Chris ;)

Edited by sb67
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Sarah has always worked from home long before we met and when we moved into a house together she sacrificed what could have been her office so I could have a layout. It’s only right that she has the room that has now become available

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Sarah has always worked from home long before we met and when we moved into a house together she sacrificed what could have been her office so I could have a layout. It’s only right that she has the room that has now become available

And I pronounce you = Husband of the Year 2020 :good:

• Round of applause 3

7 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Only if we were married, I really should ask her one day :rolleyes:

Also I don’t fancy trying to get what I’ve built up the stairs :lol:

I always said, there's never a better time.

I asked my Wife to marry me at a Christmas Dance, in the middle of the Dance Floor whilst smooching, and she said YES.:sungum: The following day she asked if I meant it, :o of course I did.:good:

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 3

Our one and only spare room we share, it has become office, music room, art room, railway room and home to some of the stuff that we can't seem to stop collecting. We manage pretty well. As for marriage, been there, done that and according to the now ex wife, model trains and making a living from art are "kids stuff" motorcycles are dangerous and you can't make money out of them either. That was a red tag to a bull!

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Our one and only spare room we share, it has become office, music room, art room, railway room and home to some of the stuff that we can't seem to stop collecting. We manage pretty well. As for marriage, been there, done that and according to the now ex wife, model trains and making a living from art are "kids stuff" motorcycles are dangerous and you can't make money out of them either. That was a red tag to a bull!

Sounds like your ex-wife and my ex-wife would get on well. Mine is Lucifer's twin sister :lol:

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I had the afternoon to myself so I decided I’d better do a bit of woodwork

70FDE1E9-0F45-4C95-AE32-A2838E347397.jpeg.77b2bf99757ec65b27edb75c2be52fe9.jpeg

Full size paper template drawn on CAD and printed off

D503E241-CB96-42A5-9785-E8179DF79B33.jpeg.559ba0e083b1a04227350c914d0a977a.jpeg

Final paper template taped to a sheet of MDF

DD35AA24-73B7-4871-999C-749B5FDF2420.jpeg.0d071abd6e284ebc3ff0b1c7e385ee66.jpeg

Check the fit

BDBB0118-B0A9-451F-8BF9-579B78425455.jpeg.5cdfb712ab54e57cbb451e139d121adb.jpeg

Have a play with some bendy MDF

A397C007-947E-47C8-8E19-2FD00FAAD586.jpeg.22ba9a95591d68bbe8b4293cf5719eb7.jpeg

The theory being that the bridge is hard up against the straight bit of the backdrop (as is often done when entering a fiddleyard) but bend the rest of the backdrop inside the curve of the track to hide it and have the landscape and road follow the contour.

It’s early stages yet and it might end up looking sh*te but it’s worth a try

At worst case I’ll sell it as a skateboard ramp for stunt mice

• Like 14
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3