Temeraire

• Tempfix
9 hours ago, Temeraire said:

23_IndunitTree_090623.jpg.596d33b61a444dd6f1801e9104efcec4.jpg

Looking rather good Ian. This picture my favourite. The depth and range of colours just fits together so nicely: the deeper greens of the shrubbery on the embankment to the lighter greens of the weeds between the lines. Very nice sir.

Rich

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Rich Papper said:

Looking rather good Ian. This picture my favourite. The depth and range of colours just fits together so nicely: the deeper greens of the shrubbery on the embankment to the lighter greens of the weeds between the lines. Very nice sir.

Rich

Thank you Rich but it's all by accident really, I just chuck different Woodland Scenics scatter around and hope the result looks ok! The bushes that appear darker is where I've used I think grass green scatter over polyfibre and secured it with cheap hairspray which seems to make it darker.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Yes thanks to Ian for a fun afternoon.

That’s the BBQ over and cleaned up for another year! I hope you all enjoyed yourself and the catering was up to scratch. Thanks to Paul, Mike, Chris, Scott, Iain, Rhys & Andy for their company.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

That’s the BBQ over and cleaned up for another year! I hope you all enjoyed yourself and the catering was up to scratch. Thanks to Paul, Mike, Chris, Scott, Iain, Rhys & Andy for their company.

I’d post the ‘other’ picture but I’m not sure the internet can handle something that awful! 😆

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

I have been enjoying this thread, some very well observed modelling and some cracking T&RS weathering, I particularly like the 59 and 47 back up on page 12. 

But for me, the absolute signature stand out feature of this layout are the reddy brown ish bare areas of the bank sides, with patches of undergrowth in between. I don't know if it is representing sandstone or crumbly clay / shale? But it looks like you have copied this topographical feature from a real place. It is top notch scenic modeling to me.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 25/06/2023 at 12:08, Temeraire said:

Thank you again for your hospitality. A pleasant few hours with some good company and Mike. lol

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 25/06/2023 at 20:43, TT100 Diesels said:

I don't know if it is representing sandstone or crumbly clay / shale? But it looks like you have copied this topographical feature from a real place. It is top notch scenic modeling to me.

Hi TT

Many thanks for dropping in and your comments. The backdrop is modelled on the real cliffs along the seawall at Dawlish as I wanted this feature at the far end of the shed to place the layout immediately. Having made several visits to Dawlish and taken lots of pics (which I can't find now) I tried to copy some of the features of the real cliffs on the layout but just bending them around the curve.  I also picked up some of the soil from the cliffs and to help with the colouring of them by using it on the exposed areas. Originally I wanted the seawall as well but couldn't fit it in and make the layout work, so this is a compromise but hopefully still gives the feel of the real place.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, shanks522 said:

are you going to add lighting?? 

Cheers Graham

I probably will add subtle lighting under the canopies at some point as it is a bit dark under there. The platform lamps just need connecting to a supply as they are working ones. 😉

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Thanks to Ian today for letting me loose on Exford Park.
A coffee and catch up was just what was needed.

47603.jpg.25f282e051f938e50758cbe3eeaf48fb.jpg47808.jpg.24999d1bf79e3b4dc953bd12e41695a2.jpg

Nice video Scott hope you was keeping to the speed limits,watched it on the big screen last night,did he crash any Ian, layout is getting better all the time.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Steve

I hope the knee is getting better, my mum had a replacement about a year ago and wished she hadn’t to start with! 

Scott kept to all the speed limits and didn’t crash anything, it was me that did!🙄 A sticky point motor didn’t throw in the FY and I ran an HST at speed into a class 59 in an adjacent road!🤣

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Hi Steve

I hope the knee is getting better, my mum had a replacement about a year ago and wished she hadn’t to start with! 

Scott kept to all the speed limits and didn’t crash anything, it was me that did!🙄 A sticky point motor didn’t throw in the FY and I ran an HST at speed into a class 59 in by an adjacent road!🤣

At the moment I wish I didn't have it done it's been 2 months and I am in more pain now than before and knee still keeps giving way,bet Scott laughed as it was you that crashed.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...