Temeraire

18 hours ago, Temeraire said:

many thanks for comments Phil, good to hear from you. As for the 800/HST I’m sure at some point my ‘friends’ will bring their modern stuff for a photo op!🙄

I think maybe just a little bit more modern... say the class 47 era 👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, ba14eagle said:

A short film from my recent visit to Temeraire Towers to visit Exford Park 2. Many thanks to Ian and Shantha for their hospitality

Hi Iain

i wondered when the footage might appear, most of the bloopers edited out I see.😉 Good to see you and you’d be most welcome again fella.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fantastic work Ian, I had held off from buying 59005 as wanted to model one of the other variants 001-004 but was waiting to see what work was required! I will probably chicken out and wait for Dapol to hopefully do another release, in the meantime I'll wait for 59004 in later Yeoman to arrive, hoping they get the details correct!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the comment Rich, have a go I’ve not done anything difficult but I’m quite pleased with the result. One thing the pics showed up was the silencer protruding at the exhaust outlet. Hadn’t  realised that when I put the body back on the port lines up with the blanked off hole underneath which is higher and pushed that end up.🙄 Removed the blanked off port and it all sits down properly now.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/03/2023 at 20:04, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Nothing to report on the layout but as the weather gets better and it's more temperate in the shed I hope to make some progress soon. However, a couple of locos that had been on the workbench for a couple of years awaiting finishing off made into the shed in February and I realised that I hadn't posted the pics I took.

7_50026ExP_030223.jpg.59a5a24a4a26edea28ad71109cbe0ca4.jpg

Yet another 50, this time 50026 Indomitable in a scruffy condition, I might have overdone the scruffy!

8_47582Parcels_030223.jpg.a467115995180124c6784b9e3f550edd.jpg

A regular in Devon around 1990 on parcel trains 47582 County of Norfolk rounds the curve on the approach to Exford park station.

Brilliant work on the duff Ian, PS you can never go too scruffy lol

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Rhysb said:

Brilliant work on the duff Ian, PS you can never go too scruffy lol

Reminds me of a line of about 6 or 7 I think it was all ready to go for scrap on a siding on the embankment near laira depot when I was a kid. 

• 1 month later...
  • Temeraire changed the title to Exford Park. Devon circa 1990.