Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Model Portillo

Harlequin

• RMweb Premium

Fortunately, my layout is based in 1957/8 when Portillo would have been just starting at primary school. Therefore any young kid in a school uniform could conceivably be regarded as him on a day out with his mum. 

I think it would have to be an Eton uniform.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose for 1972 I could have a John Betjeman.

If you have a 3D printer you can print off his St Pancras statue...

https://myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-john-betjeman-at-saint-pancras-station-london-18466

(And the station to put it in..

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:326773   )

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I think I'd have to have him printed rather smaller than 130mm high; I don't think he was in excess of 30 foot tall.

So I found this picture here of him handily standing in front of a brick wall

post-22541-0-46643100-1537355240.jpeg

and was then able to scale him to actual John Betjeman size and print him off at 00 scale...

post-22541-0-20413200-1537355366_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Ooow phil.... is when the boy is not a boy but a girl or a girl who is... well you get the idea.... I have seen the new blue signs for the toilets they really confuse...

But on all my building sites we only seem to have a ladies toilet... still smell as bad! As the sign can easily slid from male to female...and vis a versa... they always end up on female. Even when there is only 12 blokes on site...

Edited by DougN
  • Like 1

Colour coded for your gender specific needs!

I wish I was joking...

C6T.

If Facebook's gender identification list is anything to go by, you would need 57 different colours.

No wonder the kids today are so confused and screwed up.

Should social media carry a government health warning, ;)

• RMweb Premium

OK, so you get green by mixing blue and yellow, so I can identify that group. 

But orange comes from red and yellow...  :scratchhead: I have a feeling I might regret this, showing my ignorance in company, but go on, which group's that for? Do you get that many fake tan celebrities on building sites? 

Proposed new signature: Maybe I need to get out more, but sometimes when I look at the world, I think 'why bother?'   :jester: