Rochdale Show 2010

Leander

Yesterday afternoon was spent doing one or two jobs related to the show. It seems to be coming together well now. Can't wait to get up on that wind swept moor forthe annual fix of moving a ton and a half of barrier and other bit and pieces.

I've had a phone call last night from Dave Hewitt (Unit Models). Unfortunately he's damaged his layout Turner's Tiles and won't be bringing it to the show. He's agreed to do a demo instead to fill the 4' space.

It would happen after the Guide went to the printer. We'll keep the Guide as it is and put a notice on the Unit Models stand explaining what's happened (he tripped up over his dog while he was carrying it). I should add that he was carrying the layout (not the dog!). I think his demo will probably be on layout & buildings restoration.

We'll also remind him not to bring the dog. ;)

• RMweb Gold

he tripped up over his dog while he was carrying it). I should add that he was carrying the layout (not the dog!). I think his demo will probably be on layout & buildings restoration.

And dog train-ing ?

A reminder of what Eskmuir looks like unsure.gif :

post-7035-12646884180306_thumb.jpg

and a taste of one of the upgrades making their debut at Rochdale cool.gif :

post-7035-12646884791709_thumb.jpg

This is the DCC sound chipped version from Bachmann and will be making sporadic appearances to remind us of that Sulzer splutter wink.gif

Hopefully see you over the weekend, feel free to admit being an RMweber and ask any questions you have biggrin.gif .

A few more reminders of ESKMUIR - the goods yard this time smile.gif

post-7035-12647808283031_thumb.jpg

and some of the new detailing:

post-7035-12647808699084_thumb.jpg

These are from the local private haulier who is using the Eskmuir railhead to win his initial traffic but in modern times has taken over the old goods yard as his depot area having seen off the railways entirely!

post-7035-12647809694382_thumb.jpg

The good old BR lorries, long since retired but help to set the period of the layout.

I'm constantly amazed by visitors to the website who have looked at the exhibition pages:

http://www.rmrg.co.uk/Exhibition2010/Index.aspx

If all who viewe attended we would have visitors from the Sates, Canada, Australia, Demark Holland, France, Germany, Belgium, Israel, Russia, the Bahamas, Ireland and as once mentioned, the Ivory Coast!

"If all who viewe attended we would have visitors from the Sates, Canada, Australia, Demark Holland, France, Germany, Belgium, Israel, Russia, the Bahamas, Ireland and as once mentioned, the Ivory Coast!"

We might have to run a vintage bus service from Manchester Airport! :lol:

Kevin

A few more tasters, hope people are finding them interesting and tempting them to come this weekend, go on, you know you want to really.

post-7035-1265032008902_thumb.jpg

The station area back in Autumn 09 at the Halifax show.

post-7035-12650320437225_thumb.jpg

A significant (and as yet, unfunded wink.gif) investment in platform trolleys courtesy of Dart Castings.

post-7035-12650320874052_thumb.jpg

My favorite type of modelling - get a big saw, a new model, some glue and paint and lets see what happens. Bliss cool.gif

• RMweb Premium

Looking tasty, and Ive read the "rules" but probably wont get the chance to get passed out this weekend seeing as Ive got to deputise for MrB in the dishing out of pie stakes!!

If Andy's on the pie run, then I guess it's a beef 'n' ale pie............. ;) ;)

Mick

Getting the Blackmill monster ready for the road this weekend.

• RMweb Premium

Just about to start and get everything together so I can make a stress free departure in the morning.

Here's hoping for a smooth journey tomorrow. Hey it'll be Friday and it's the M5 & M6. What could possibly go wrong? ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

And now the hard work starts - off to pick up the Luton van at 9, a trip to the barn at Sowerby to pick up the barrier - two tons of scaffolding pole to hump across a field on top of the moor. Putting a model railway show on is definately not for the fainthearted or feeble rolleyes.gif

But the theres Rachels bacon sausage and black pudding barms to look forward to sat round the "farm" tablesmile.gif

So for the first time in at least the last three years, we shouldn't have to contend with snow and freezing temperatures. So hopefully we won't have traders stranded up hills and all should be as planned.

I'm hoping to get to the Hall by the time marking out commences at 4.30pm. We should be all done soon after 9.00pm.

If you're coming, do stop by and introduce yourselves. If your not and you can possibly get over, please reconsider as we've got a good selection of trade and a stunning line-up of layouts, some of which haven't appeared in the north west previously.

Here's looking forward to an excellent weekend.

Rochdale - small but perfectly formed.

Everything has gone smoothly tonight with most layouts and traders in the hall and set up ready for 10am tomorrow. Here are a few quick shots fired off on the way out. Something for everyone hopefully:

Crumley:

post-7035-12654097481026_thumb.jpg

Dewsbury Midland:

post-7035-12654097603249_thumb.jpg

Blackmill:

post-7035-12654097754174_thumb.jpg

Dinas 1869:

post-7035-12654097867152_thumb.jpg

Midhurst:

post-7035-12654098005506_thumb.jpg

Oldham King Street:

post-7035-12654098138914_thumb.jpg

Stoney Lane Depot:

post-7035-12654098348051_thumb.jpg

Wheal Elizabeth:

post-7035-12654098509141_thumb.jpg

My nephew (age5) when asked what he wanted for his birthday a few weeks ago, asked to spend some time with uncle john and his trains ! So I have him today and will be coming over to Rochdale this morning followed by running some big trains in the garden this afternoon. Its a chore I know !!! :rolleyes: :D

John

Archived