Rochdale Show 2010

Leander

Hi All,

Just got back from the Rochdale show, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Not too small and not too large, just right, and the quality of the layouts was excellent.

Thanks to all who organised it, and a particular thankyou to "Leander" on here, for drawing my attention to the fact that 'Western Road' was attending, as I have been waiting a while to see that layout.

I spent a fair while quizzing Mr Anson, the creator of 'Western Road' about various aspects of it, and I must what a smashing fella, and he's even changed my veiws on DCC sound equipped diesels, by operating them properly instead of just playing! and more importantly he's reduced the volume to a much more acceptable scale level.

As I said a thoroughly enjoyable show! and I picked up a few essentials too!

Well done!

Cheers.

John.

• RMweb Premium

Wheal Elizabeth all safely tucked up at home here in Somerset. Thanks to all who came and said hello over the weekend and thanks to Rochdale MRG for their hospitality over the weekend.

Pictures at an Exhibition - I had a brief this weekend of photographing overall shots of the show for our website - working on the premise that non show going visitors have no idea what a show looks like in the flesh so to speakrolleyes.gif

But just what is our very own Pennine MC contemplating as he views Eskmuir?

post-6679-12656166715635_thumb.jpg

More pics to follow

A few more of the "usual suspects"

post-6679-12656320746147_thumb.jpg

The Wirral mafia

post-6679-12656321321079_thumb.jpg

Black and Decker boy temporarily removed from power tool duty

post-6679-12656322217806_thumb.jpg

Mr Windle flying the stealth bomber

post-6679-1265632290144_thumb.jpg

Leander on being told the show had gone into profit

post-6679-12656324521366_thumb.jpg

62659 in a study of concentration behind Dewsbury

Thanks to all for their kind comments about the show, both at the weekend and subsequently, and to Andy C for the pics he's posted. Most of all, thanks to all the exhibitors, demonstrators, society stands and traders for their support in putting on a fabulous show.

It makes all the hard work all the more worthwhile, and I'm sure I speak on behalf of all RMRG members.

Next year's exhibition is scheduled for 5th & 6th February. Most of the layouts are already booked but there are a few amendments to be finalised in the light of this year's outcomes. Details will be appearing later in the year.

Archived