RMweb

Web site help required

DJM Dave

Are you saying that you knew what others were working on and for how long then?

Sorry whoever you are, but i am not going to rise to any of this from you.

24-25 posts and mostly all are either slating me, or my work. (i encourage all here to check the posts out for verification)

I wonder if indeed you are the REAL 'Bill Schmidt', and i hope not.

I've said what i'm going to say and that's it. where's a moderator when you need one?

To think, i actually have to pay to get this kind of stuff now!

Sorry whoever you are, but i am not going to rise to any of this from you.

24-25 posts and mostly all are either slating me, or my work. (i encourage all here to check the posts out for verification)

I wonder if indeed you are the REAL 'Bill Schmidt', and i hope not.

I've said what i'm going to say and that's it. where's a moderator when you need one?

I believe it's about taking the rough with the smooth.. Can't see other manufacturers moaning about a few negative comments and they have had theit fair share. Even some from yourself!

You were the one that said I was inaccurate and I asked you a question in response.

Could you point out in my comment where I said Dave knew they were working on the same products?! I was making a point about Dave saying he was working on his before others announced the same product and how would he know that they themselves weren't already working on said items before they announced them..and even then Dave did still choose to go head to head on the class 71 and HUO and was beaten to the shelves!

Youve either misread or misquoted me.

You've written 30 odd Posts and about 25 of those are referring to what DJM has done 'wrong'.

Can you declare your business interests please - before I reply further.

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

Youve either misread or misquoted me.

You've written 30 odd Posts and about 25 of those are referring to what DJM has done 'wrong'.

Can you declare your business interests please - before I reply further.

My interest "was" as a customer to Djmodels.. What's your interest by the way?

I haven't misread anything. You said my argument was flawed.. but I didn't say anything about Daves business logic, I just pointed out that Dave said he was working on his first but he couldn't know that for sure..

where's a moderator when you need one?

a) Omnipresent - not that there's been any breach of rules in this case and payment for advertising does not confer any privileges.

b) More pertinently; how long have you had free access to the site for one of your routes to market?

• Like 7

My interest "was" as a customer to Djmodels.. What's your interest by the way?

I haven't misread anything. You said my argument was flawed.. but I didn't say anything about Daves business logic, I just pointed out that Dave said he was working on his first but he couldn't know that for sure..

That isn't what I asked and you know full well what I was asking.

I shall ask again, in a different way, have you a model railway business, thus are you a competitor to DJM and/or have any interestes in a competitor's business?

If you read carefully I declared myself four square and true as an honourable fellow with no specific interests quite some time back..

• Like 1

a) Omnipresent - not that there's been any breach of rules in this case and payment for advertising does not confer any privileges.

b) More pertinently; how long have you had free access to the site for one of your routes to market?

Not for a while now as i've been advertising in the magazine for quite some time, as your aware.

As for privalidges? i'm not asking for them, merely some, and this needs to be for all, anti troll measures. It doesnt help RMW or by association BRM if such trolls are not seen as such and removed for what they are once their agenda's are seen. It actually ruins what you yourself started many years ago and thats a forum for modellers, discource, laughs, generally informative etc.

Oh And its always usually the ones who join just to do so as well.

Nothing pertinent in their arguments, merely trying to stir the pot.

Edited for 'fat finger' typing with auto correct off.

That isn't what I asked and you know full well what I was asking.

I shall ask again, in a different wat, have you a model railway business, thus are you a competitor to DJM and/or have any interestes in a competitor's business?

If you read carefully I declared myself four square and true as an honourable fellow with no specific interests quite some time back..

Erm.. I have answered you.. My interest "WAS" as a customer to Djmodels. No model railway business.. no competition.. Just someone that was interested in a few items but has been put off by certain business practices.

As you have no specific interests you're not really in a position to question someone else really are you..

• Like 2

Erm.. I have answered you.. My interest "WAS" as a customer to Djmodels. No model railway business.. no competition.. Just someone that was interested in a few items but has been put off by certain business practices.

As you have no specific interests you're not really in a position to question someone else really are you..

Oh one of those are you?

A general purpose shill as opposed to an apologist or paid up shill?

Please note the ?'s as I'm still enquiring as to your reason d'être on this Thread, because strangely enough I don't believe you.

Are we to believe that your 30 plus posts, aimed at DJM are coincidental, 30 odd posts and nowt else about you, you've written little else?

Have you PMd DJM or written to DJM, in a gentlemanly manner re your grievences? Rather than endeavouring to virtue signal and attack in open forum.

Also your online name? Is it an unfortunate coincidence or are you a doppelganger?

Oh one of those are you?

A general purpose shill as opposed to an apologist or paid up shill?

Please note the ?'s as I'm still enquiring as to your reason d'être on this Thread, because strangely enough I don't believe you.

Are we to believe that your 30 plus posts, aimed at DJM are coincidental, 30 odd posts and nowt else about you?

Have you PMd DJM or written to DJM, in a gentlemanly manner re your grievences? Rather than endeavouring to virtue signal and attack in open forum.

Also your online name? Is it an unfortunate coincidence or are you a doppelganger?

I don't really care what you believe. As I said for someone who has no interest Im not sure why you're getting involved? Just like an argument?

Just because I haven't posted else where doesn't mean anything. Some have only joined and praised Daves worked and not posted elsewhere. Are they counter trolls?

I don't really care what you believe. As I said for someone who has no interest Im not sure why you're getting involved? Just like an argument?

Just because I haven't posted else where doesn't mean anything. Some have only joined and praised Daves worked and not posted elsewhere. Are they counter trolls?

I never mentioned the word 'troll' and you never answer specific questions, which is damning, on your part, in and of itself.

This isn't doing your arguments or credibility any good.

I shall leave it there for now, as life is too short and give you some naughty step time, then you can have some time with your track mat before bedtime. LOL!

I never mentioned the word 'troll' and you never answer specific questions, which is damning, on your part, in and of itself.

This isn't doing your arguments or credibility any good.

I shall leave it there for now, as life is too short and give you some naughty step time, then you can have some time with your track mat before bedtime. LOL!

Sorry but what exactly do I have to answer to you? You asked my interest and I replied. You are the only one arguing about things and you're the one with no interest. Now you're throwing childish insults about. Might want to look at your own creditibity?!

Sorry but what exactly do I have to answer to you? You asked my interest and I replied. You are the only one arguing about things and you're the one with no interest. Now you're throwing childish insults about. Might want to look at your own creditibity?!

I was endeavouring to make merry and lighten the mood.

BTW my ego is in check, four square.

Bless them my father for they know not what they do.

I am the proud owner of 5 DJM made locomotives plus a couple of carriages. I wouldn't be in 00 if these models didn't exist, my N collection has a strong Dapol presence, again the hand of Dave is in there.

As a maker of models there is no doubt Dave has the skill, not everyone likes coreless motors but they seem to be a thing these days and my locos operate flawlessly on my layout.

Did Dave announce some models subsequently announced by others too, yes, it's a fact, was Dave there first, who knows, I suspect there is a mix of reasons and only those in the business with connections will know the truth. It goes without saying though that Hornby even whilst in financial doldrums has more resources available to it than Dave and if they felt a strategic model was about to be lost to them it would be possible to react quickly.

The model railway environment has changed very quickly since Dave went solo, the traditional model has gone out of the window with Dave adopting the Crowdfunding model now as a way forwards. Nothing wrong in that, it works quite successfully especially with RevolutioN.

Where I think Dave went wrong is that he did not anticipate the issues with using PayPal, would I be correct to assume that apart from some crowdfunded wagons all large items would have used Kernow's and Hattons' card processing facilities. Not having the e-commerce site up and running first with a website that focussed purely on the current models in progress I think is where all the issues are stemming from. Where we are now is that there are three models needing payments and no means to collect payment, that could be a killer if not turned around quickly and I do hope for Dave's sake that his webmaster is working on that site today

Edit I was writing this whilst Andy was cleaning up the bickering, feel free to remove this as well.

Edited by woodenhead

I am the proud owner of 5 DJM made locomotives plus a couple of carriages. I wouldn't be in 00 if these models didn't exist, my N collection has a strong Dapol presence, again the hand of Dave is in there.

As a maker of models there is no doubt Dave has the skill, not everyone likes coreless motors but they seem to be a thing these days and my locos operate flawlessly on my layout.

Did Dave announce some models subsequently announced by others too, yes, it's a fact, was Dave there first, who knows, I suspect there is a mix of reasons and only those in the business with connections will know the truth. It goes without saying though that Hornby even whilst in financial doldrums has more resources available to it than Dave and if they felt a strategic model was about to be lost to them it would be possible to react quickly.

The model railway environment has changed very quickly since Dave went solo, the traditional model has gone out of the window with Dave adopting the Crowdfunding model now as a way forwards. Nothing wrong in that, it works quite successfully especially with RevolutioN.

Where I think Dave went wrong is that he did not anticipate the issues with using PayPal, would I be correct to assume that apart from some crowdfunded wagons all large items would have used Kernow's and Hattons' card processing facilities. Not having the e-commerce site up and running first with a website that focussed purely on the current models in progress I think is where all the issues are stemming from. Where we are now is that there are three models needing payments and no means to collect payment, that could be a killer if not turned around quickly and I do hope for Dave's sake that his webmaster is working on that site today

Edit I was writing this whilst Andy was cleaning up the bickering, feel free to remove this as well.

I am mailing and have mailed the web master, and texted him today after the last 2 days promises of uploading have failed to materialise.

I've deleted the update for the latest update.....

Web master has dropped by and told me that it will be done tonight for access tomorrow morning.

He also suggests that 'we leave it there as he thinks theres a breakdown in the relationship we have, plus he works for another company now' No deficating sherlock. lol

Anyway, ive suggested he remove all his business branding from the web site before going live.

fingers crossed for tonight / tomorrow.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

I'm sure I've read on here someone that the firm isn't worried about duplication, as their models will be better....I think the reference was to the N Class 92?

You only have to go back to page 1 of this section of the site to see a number of schemes which were promised and subsequently failed to materialise the GWR 63XX and the Q6? Is another that seems to have died a death, although I do appreciate that sales of the OO saddle tank models weren't really earth shattering and that would've delayed production of further models in other gauges.

The point i'm trying to make albeit rather badly is that it's extremely difficult to balance the level of engagement we see here, with continued goodwill if you failed to deliver multiple times on cut offs and announcement dates, maybe the DJ Forum was a effort to censor negative comment as the firm would have Admin rights, who knows, we know Dapol do similar on their forum.

Although the website it appears is to a degree out of your control, and rotten bad luck that is to, again it does indicate a lack of for thought perhaps getting someone who apppears to be a unreliable rather than a proper firm to build it for you. I mean it's only the main portal to your business, I would have thought paying a larger sum of money would have been better to get et a cracking website on time and fully functional, rather than more missed deadlines etc, it's just another failure to deliver what you said you would. How long peoples patience will last when you expect them to handover their hard earned cash and is only something that individuals concerned can answer, how any people are you driving away with this scatter gun approach to development and announcement?

Like I said before a lesser known individual would have been marched off to the firing squad by now, at times the chap does display a lack of professionalism which is all important when he ultimately wants your money.

If the firm is in trouble either financially or grossly overworked by staking claims on models then it would be better to be open about it rather than keep promising things they cannot deliver. Personally if I had the balls ( which I haven't ) to venture into a similar set up I would concentrate on my own brand label models rather than attempting sexy crowdfunding initiatives like ATP etc. Surely the Administration is bogging you down to the point of having an adverse affect on the overall one man band operation ?

What are the chances of seeing a model that we can hand you cash for and feel in the hands by the end of this year?

Is the prize for a trip on the Caledonian sleeper still on offer for the people who ordered the class 92 ?

Is the GW are rail car still a proposition ?

What about the 63XX model in N?

It's all well and good saying you announced a 92 et cetera before the other firm, but do you really think the likes of Bachman, Hornby really take your announcements as a shot across the bowels when they wish to develop similar models? Even with Hornby and bachmanns history of delivery delays, at least they use our own cash and don't ask us to stump up in the hope will get what we paid for at some point.

Are you able to produce a list of live active and deliverable models so we can see where we are, or are we to assume that all the models you have announced will be delivered or are they dead ?

To admit that you've bitten off more than you can chew isn't a sign of failure, I for one would have more respect for the set up if you said that rather than bumble along the false promises and missed deadlines.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

At an attempt to lift this from the depths to something more interesting....

The second run J94’s, i’m eagerly awaiting the MSC one, to join my MSC Peckett, Sentinel and by proxy the CPC Barclay.

Will the new website give indications as to when they are due ?

It seems that you forgot to wish DJM and his current projects well at the end of your diatribe.

PS: wishing you the best x

PS2: I would t discribe my comment as a forceful attack, please tell me where I've lied or misrepresented the truth, or have I been reading the wrong thread and in fact all is well at rosy and well at DJ towers ?

Edited by Great Western

Hi mate,

i wont be, but it will probably be my last time that i am not, as i will actually have product and a fair bit of it, to show next year, and be able to put on a 'bit of a show'.

I've always said i wouldnt attend if all i had was P.O.S. and a wagon or 2 to show.

Next year should see quite a few changes in that area.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

PS: wishing you the best x

PS2: I would t discribe my comment as a forceful attack, please tell me where I've lied or misrepresented the truth, or have I been reading the wrong thread and in fact all is well at rosy and well at DJ towers ?

Well the thread is about 'web site problems' so possibly yes. :-)

oh and the web company has some serious bonafide's, having worked for some really large organisations, so how can you tell?