Web site help required

DJM Dave

To end this pointless bickering I have removed access to the topic for two parties.

Thank goodness for that. It must have been bad enough for Dave when we were all picking holes in the CAD drawings without all the irrelevant c**p that has been going on on here

Dave

Hopefully the web site will be functional today so that APT-P and other payments can be made.

Failing that, will you accept a cheque Dave? Serious question.

Hi mate,

I've been promised the site will be up and running fot 8am this morning, but as yet i see nothing to encourage me to believe that.

Ive been able to take cheques all along, but felt for everyones sanity, that the e-commerce secure payment route would be easier for us all.

i'm not sure how long these things take to go live, but its 70 minutes before 8am and hope is fast dimming here.

cheers

Dave

update: its 08.08 Monday morning and no joy as yet. No contact either which is also concerning.

Updates when i have them.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Is the new website holding back the Paypal refunds?

For getting on for around a month I have been getting grief from one of your customers. His reasoning was that as he had picked up a flyer for the APT from our shop, as far as he is concerned, we must be involved in the project. I thought I had convinced him we were not and advised him to contact DT of S. He tells me that they advised him to contact you. He says he has heard nothing back. He has taken to calling in for updates from us, not good for our business when you have a disgruntled person in the shop and you have no answers for him.

No one in our shop can recall how the flyers ended up with us. Can you shed any light? I removed them from our info desk. I am sure you can appreciate why.

I did make a suggstion for a local to you ish web company but not sure if you saw it.

Hi Dave,

Is the new website holding back the Paypal refunds?

For getting on for around a month I have been getting grief from one of your customers. His reasoning was that as he had picked up a flyer for the APT from our shop, as far as he is concerned, we must be involved in the project. I thought I had convinced him we were not and advised him to contact DT of S. He tells me that they advised him to contact you. He says he has heard nothing back. He has taken to calling in for updates from us, not good for our business when you have a disgruntled person in the shop and you have no answers for him.

No one in our shop can recall how the flyers ended up with us. Can you shed any light? I removed them from our info desk. I am sure you can appreciate why.

I did make a suggstion for a local to you ish web company but not sure if you saw it.

Hi mate,

firstly let me clarify something.

The only flyers for the APT were used or are being used in 3 places only.

1) myself at shows

2) DToS

3) Crewe Heritage Centre.

I have never put any flyers in any stockists at all except those 2 above, i have also not asked any third partys to do so. I would also not ask a stockist who isnt connected with said project to do so.

How you got some is beyond me, and not of my doing or knowledge.

And if you have no knowledge of how they got into your shop, i surely cannot be blamed for that? can i?

Any customer that writes to me i try and answer within 24 hours, but there is always a chance he might have fallen through the net.

However, checking my inbox there are no 'unread' mails from anyone, so please ask this customer to re-contact me and i'll gladly explain everything to him as his mail might have fallen into the spam box although i do try to check that frequently before deleting.

Dave

Hi Dave,

If you didn't put the flyers in our shop and you have visited quite a few times in the recent past, can you make enquiries as to how we received them? We certainly didn't have them printed ourselves.

As I said he has been causing us grief and you want me to ask him to contact you again? Just in case he does come back in as he was keen to get his refund, what would you like me to say to him regarding that?

New site looks good Dave!

Thanks,

Unfortunately it seems to be taking a while to propagate as although i am clearing my comps cache, i cannot see it yet.

Once everyone can see it, please feel free to comment on it, and suggest things. I may not be able to implement them but if it helps make a better web site for everyone, i will certainly listen.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Thanks,

Unfortunately it seems to be taking a while to propagate as although i am clearing my comps cache, i cannot see it yet.

Once everyone can see it, please feel free to comment on it, and suggest things. I may not be able to implement them but if it helps make a better web site for everyone, i will certainly listen.

Cheers

Dave

Try going to

www.djmodels.co.uk - and stay on the home page

and then press Control and F5 together. (assuming PC browser)

(great site as stated previously -- but just some comments)

The products need some cleaning. For example, no class 92 in either scale and a OO gauge Q6 which we thought was dead.

APT looks correct though.

Edited by JSpencer

Try going to

www.djmodels.co.uk - and stay on the home page

and then press Control and F5 together. (assuming PC browser)

Thanks mate,

Yes, been doing that and still am but nothing. 

Edit: Just deleted the bookmark and the windows 10 google DJM icon too, and refreshed but still getting the old site.

In fact clicking on the King banner at the bottom of this page also takes me to the old site

Impressed with your new website. Steve Macey of Framed Creative Ltd has done you proud, just a shame it took so long to go live. Suggest people click on the link at the bottom of the website to read more about the freelance front end developer and web designer who crafted the new DJ Models website.

I've seen the new site Dave, it looks neat but as JSpencer says it's needs checking through - one thing that may cause a problem might be the choice of livery option then the choice of model option - on the 71 for example only BR Green is showing but the model options then include TOPS numbered versions.

But clearly if you've not been able to see the site yourself then it is still early days but at least I saw a payment screen (didn't follow the link past the billing address) - you might want to consider using HTTPS rather than HTTP, Google have a big drive on this at the moment so your site (like RMWeb and many others) is flagging as not secure on Chrome.  I am sure the Lloyds bit will be secure but it would look better if the whole site was secure not just the payment bit as you are asking for customer details on some pages.

Also very brave to put your phone number on there.

cleaning?

Sorry it is an IT expression referring to the data. The data in this case being for the products that the site sells. Please don't take this as slating. Just saying that I saw some old stuff on there and some new stuff (like the class 92) missing. For example, currently I can order a flat dome on any Q6 model and it will pass.

I know the site just came online and delivered straight out of pre-production. So it is normal that for me some post site delivery back office cleaning to do to make sure that the product content is up to date (unless you tested it based on live data and he has put online an early version and not the latest).

I would delete the dead stuff (or give it a status that shows it cannot be ordered) to avoid any mistaken orders from happening. Then add the 92 and other current projects.

Edited by JSpencer

Oh great, now i cannot get access to the website due to my username and password being wrong! 

Cant change anything even though i want to at the moment.

i cannot even see the new website in google. although the control -F5 buttons are taking a right old bashing at the moment!

• RMweb Premium

Impressed with your new website. Steve Macey of Framed Creative Ltd has done you proud, just a shame it took so long to go live. Suggest people click on the link at the bottom of the website to read more about the freelance front end developer and web designer who crafted the new DJ Models website.

Are you being ironic, or are you Steve? Reading this thread I wouldn't go near the developer with a barge pole.

This is what I see, click the DJ Models setting higher standards image at the bottom of your post.

post-15098-0-17703000-1534149166_thumb.jpg

Try the refresh button, then try deleting the cookies, if that fails, try a different PC. Then a different PC with IP address.

(now void if Username and password are no longer valid - back to the IT guy - you should have both customer and back office accesses, especially/importantly the latter).

Edited by JSpencer

Are you being ironic, or are you Steve? Reading this thread I wouldn't go near the developer with a barge pole.

No, I'm certainly not Steve - just someone who wanted to find out more about the person who designed the new website AND decided to leave his link on the bottom of the site despite Dave saying all the design branding was being removed before it went live.

Hi Dave,

If you didn't put the flyers in our shop and you have visited quite a few times in the recent past, can you make enquiries as to how we received them? We certainly didn't have them printed ourselves.

As I said he has been causing us grief and you want me to ask him to contact you again? Just in case he does come back in as he was keen to get his refund, what would you like me to say to him regarding that?

As we will be opening for business very shortly and anticipating another visit, can you please answer this Dave? This project has nothing to do with us and should not be effecting our business. In the past, I have tried to be supportive to your business and was willing to offer a little more, can you help us out here?