Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, this is all looking really good.

How do you find the LED lights? I am thinking of having these.

Cheers, Ade.

Oops Andy - Ade mine came from LED Hut and yes, they are brighter than fluorescent and use less power.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

And so finally this brings us up to today, the LED sockets have been fitted and wired, along with 2 of the 4, 4ft LED Strip lights. The Florescent still has to come down.

IMG_1678.JPG.e5b9dc2eff3666ac736b55ef49a7a6ed.JPG

One padded cell nearing completion !!!!!! :D 

Looks good Andy

• Like 4
  • Funny 8

5 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Did you consider putting in any sockets with USB ports?

Very handy for charging tablets, mobiles and the like.

Hi Richard, No I didn't even think of that, I have so many charger adapters anyway, but I can always swap a top at some point if I feel the need. We need some new ones for in the Lounge, but the Master Bedroom that was re furbished in February has 4 x chrome faced Doubles with USB Ports, so I may pinch one or two of those later.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jcarta said:

One padded cell nearing completion !!!!!! :D 

Looks good Andy

Yes mate, another layer of foam needs ordering for the bad, dark days in the Pit of Doom.:no::laugh_mini2:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Today, painting the POD, put in base units, fit work benches, have a cuppa. Tomorrow unpack everything, Monday 4 new layouts, 2 O gauge, one OO and one O, O.16.5 hybrid.  What's on for Tuesday Andy ?

:mosking:. Good to see you back in the Fold safe and sound,

bet her indoors is pleased to be in and settled as well :good_mini:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Excellent work from the darrn sowff crew on the POD Andy.

Ref the led tubes my leccy mate put 2 in my garage and they impressed such that I had him replace the lighting in my hobby cabin with them too.

Cheaper to run and much better to work in, a longer life time and no flicker.  They're still as good today as the day they were fitted some 2 years ago.

Best 

Edited by Barnaby
change go - to - good
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

IMG_1665.JPG.31dd98a5662832312dca8591ff161b35.JPG

Hi Andy,

Good work on the door there.

If it really is the 'Pit of Doom', you need a warning sign;

"Abandon hope all who enter here"

or, was it;

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"!?!

Great progress mate,

John.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Andy not to cause any worry but what is your security for the pod door as it has a half door clear glass panel in it.

If I have the geography right the door next to it the front door, I assume it is as it has a letter box in it so anybody wanting to post mail, leaflets, newspapers etc will all be able to watch the trains ………….. or not.

Worried from up north. :ohmyclear:

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Andy,I'm sure you can get some sticky back translucent plastic film to go over the glass.This will prevent any spying eyes and make the glass almost shatterproof.

atb

Phil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

33 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Andy not to cause any worry but what is your security for the pod door as it has a half door clear glass panel in it.

If I have the geography right the door next to it the front door, I assume it is as it has a letter box in it so anybody wanting to post mail, leaflets, newspapers etc will all be able to watch the trains ………….. or not.

Worried from up north. :ohmyclear:

Thanks but NOT, precautions will be taken but as with the Alarm System etc WILL NOT be shared on here Barnaby, but a big thanks anyway.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 minutes ago, 34006 said:

Andy,I'm sure you can get some sticky back translucent plastic film to go over the glass.This will prevent any spying eyes and make the glass almost shatterproof.

atb

Phil.

It is already heavily frosted Phil, but again, thanks

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Come on ladds, no need for security, we all know Andy works in there 24/7. Any burglar would stumble out days later, worn out and confused after being forced to help build at least 3 Layouts ! :scared:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 12

Morning all, and a pic for today is another previously unused and again, (obviously) from the past.

And so we see a pair of 20's and Rat 25054 on the rear Fuel Road whilst Class 37, No 37206 arrives on the front Road.

IMG_1406.JPG.ba762a8903a34f1e62ff3731f4050e24.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Glad to see you back on here Andy.

Your 2 weeks late for me. Not reading your thread every 10 mins has given me enough time  to actually do some modelling!

Mind you, you could have built a whole layout by the time I've finished knocking about with this Grampus.

POD is looking really good, very jealous! 

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Nice to see you are settled in.  You have really made the front garden more welcoming with the makeover.

Regarding the door to the outside, I thought your initial plan was to enter from the hallway on the inside.

What changed your mind?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Nice to see you are settled in.  You have really made the front garden more welcoming with the makeover.

Regarding the door to the outside, I thought your initial plan was to enter from the hallway on the inside.

What changed your mind?

He realised that he would have to enter the bungalow with all those parcels, past SWMBO and very quickly changed it to an outside entrance direct into the POD so he wouldn't  disturb her :angel:

Edited by Mattc6911
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Donington Road said:

What changed your mind?

1 hour ago, Mattc6911 said:

He realised that he would have to enter the bungalow with all those parcels, past SWMBO and very quickly changed it to an outside entrance direct into the POD so he wouldn't  disturb her :angel:

58 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

How thoughtful . . .

Paul.

Hi Mick, Two main reasons.

Firstly the Hall had been freshly decorated with sparkly grey paint that we both liked and didn't want to have to re decorate it.

Had we put the door in there it would have meant a lintel and therefore a part re plastering as well as the decorating etc. 

Secondly the sound of me playing my Guitars, especially the Bass would have travelled through the door would be a pain both for Dee with the noise, and for me keeping being told to turn it down. Same with the Sound Locos too I guess.

There is also a small third reason. I was going to use the old garden shed to use for spraying / weathering etc. but it really is on it's last legs. one good gust of wind after a tin of Beans and it will probably be down. So with the door to the outside of the POD, and as it's under the roof overhang, I can work outside, or in the doorway with my spray booth and pipe to expel the fumes etc, especially as I use mainly Acrylics.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

42 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Mick, Two main reasons.

Firstly the Hall had been freshly decorated with sparkly grey paint that we both liked and didn't want to have to re decorate it.

Had we put the door in there it would have meant a lintel and therefore a part re plastering as well as the decorating etc. 

Secondly the sound of me playing my Guitars, especially the Bass would have travelled through the door would be a pain both for Dee with the noise, and for me keeping being told to turn it down. Same with the Sound Locos too I guess.

There is also a small third reason. I was going to use the old garden shed to use for spraying / weathering etc. but it really is on it's last legs. one good gust of wind after a tin of Beans and it will probably be down. So with the door to the outside of the POD, and as it's under the roof overhang, I can work outside, or in the doorway with my spray booth and pipe to expel the fumes etc, especially as I use mainly Acrylics.:good:

That all makes sense.  With the large overhang of the roof you could find that to be useful space beneath it.  Once you have lived with it for awhile different ideas will flow.

It was good to see you fitted an outward opening door to maximise the space inside.  Overall I would say you have a very nice POD that a lot of people would give right arm for :declare:

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1