Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

11 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

And a pic from yesterdays running session.

IMG_4058.JPG.dc9dd2fddfc8e9970a0ac1e7284cfafa.JPG

My main Fuji Cameras Battery cover is broken again, and the little Canon does not give the sharpness and depth of field as is obvious in this pic, it may of course be the setting, but as it comes with no real instructions I don't want to mess up what I have.

Andy

That's a very atmospheric picture I must say and I have left it up on my desktop for a while to take it all in. It really captures the feel of wagons left almost abandoned on a disused siding. The slightly out of focus van behind just adds to the sense of realism.

Paul R

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, David Bell said:

The beauty of the video is there are no gaps. I remember often hanging over the fence and on seeing a loco start up would then wait 15-20 minutes for anything to happen!

Or Longer, George and I were at Newport and there was a 66 ticking over for about an hour, really frustrating.

16 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

That's a very atmospheric picture I must say and I have left it up on my desktop for a while to take it all in. It really captures the feel of wagons left almost abandoned on a disused siding. The slightly out of focus van behind just adds to the sense of realism.

Paul R

Thanks Paul, Yes sometimes with no Locos around it can look more realistic.

Cheers.

As chance would have it, your note popped up (above), just as I started to watch No 71

on the tele.

I was particularly taken by the opening shots, the sound of those 20s, before the first

movement, was striking and evoked past memories. I would be tempted to keep that

as your signature opening.

I would agree that the "let's see whats happening" style is refreshing. But if, as we hope,

you continue to "visit", then you'd inevitably get to know of some of the regular workings,

which you could share. Even if you don't know which actual loco was on it.

Keep up the good work

TONY

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

As chance would have it, your note popped up (above), just as I started to watch No 71

on the tele.

I was particularly taken by the opening shots, the sound of those 20s, before the first

movement, was striking and evoked past memories. I would be tempted to keep that

as your signature opening.

I would agree that the "let's see whats happening" style is refreshing. But if, as we hope,

you continue to "visit", then you'd inevitably get to know of some of the regular workings,

which you could share. Even if you don't know which actual loco was on it.

Keep up the good work

TONY

Thanks Tony, I like the idea of a Signature opening, that would be something to work on, but re filmed now with the New Yard laid.

As for knowing movements, I think that is the beauty of a Yard Layout over a Station, as you never really know what will be happening next, as a lot of movements are, = As Required, especially with Engineering Stock.

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

Hi Andy, I've watched your 3 scenics videos and found them entertaining and instructive. I hope there weren't any holes in the board for the PVA to run through on to what was underneath! But seriously, I've learned from your approach to it. I have tried to be a bit more conservative than that in the past; perhaps next time I might be a bit bolder.

Also watched Video 71 on Youtube this morning. I really enjoyed it, particularly about you pretending you didn't know what happens next - a very refreshing approach. Made me feel I was there with you watching. My only negative comment would have been what you captioned yourself at the end, about the balance of the volume. Excellent, look forward to the next one. Thanks for posting it. All the best, Trevor

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shedman said:

Hi Andy, I've watched your 3 scenics videos and found them entertaining and instructive. I hope there weren't any holes in the board for the PVA to run through on to what was underneath! But seriously, I've learned from your approach to it. I have tried to be a bit more conservative than that in the past; perhaps next time I might be a bit bolder.

Also watched Video 71 on Youtube this morning. I really enjoyed it, particularly about you pretending you didn't know what happens next - a very refreshing approach. Made me feel I was there with you watching. My only negative comment would have been what you captioned yourself at the end, about the balance of the volume. Excellent, look forward to the next one. Thanks for posting it. All the best, Trevor

Thanks Trevor, I'm glad you liked the Scenic Videos and maybe found them useful in not being afraid of splodging it all on, hahah.

Re the Volume, the Locos are not that loud, but the mic on the camera is very sensitive and picks up their frequencies over my voice, so yes, they will be turned down for next time.

I appreciate your feedback.:good:

• RMweb Gold

Watched the video and enjoyed.  The point I was going to make viz problems hearing you over the locos you had already noted yourself in your statement at the end.  Pleased to see that others had the same thought because, as you know, my hearing is not that good anyway.

Something must not have happened since four of your videos have been watched in less than week!  (NB but have put a capacitor in Cadley Hill this morning).

• Like 1

NOTE TO ALL=  I have to go back to all my Videos to change the settings.

Normally I have it set to Kid friendly, but You Tube has now blocked my Videos from people adding comments and so I have had to change them to Adults only.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Morning Andy, Here's is the bridge you commissioned me to build for 'Severn mill sidings' it is painted in grey primer only, leaving you to add the pavement and road details..

enjoyed all your latest videos, we will have to buy you a directors hat and a clapper board soon... Hahahahaha  stay safe..

DSC07255.JPG

DSC07256.JPG

DSC07257.JPG

DSC07258.JPG

DSC07259.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Morning Andy, Here's is the bridge you commissioned me to build for 'Severn mill sidings' it is painted in grey primer only, leaving you to add the pavement and road details..

enjoyed all your latest videos, we will have to buy you a directors hat and a clapper board soon... Hahahahaha  stay safe..

DSC07255.JPG

DSC07256.JPG

DSC07257.JPG

DSC07258.JPG

DSC07259.JPG

WOW Mate, that looks really great, well impressed and chuff chuff chuffed.:good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Wow George that's cracking bridge for Bodgit well done needed someone to get the first part of his layout finished :D

Keep safe my friend

Its only been 3 years Martin, I've seen Layout Threads on here that have been going for 10 years and still no Trains running.:banghead:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joner said:

Excellent looking bridge George. :good_mini:

Have you been commissioned for bridge 2 on Bench road yet?:D

Paul

I'll have to crack on with that now. The section that's there was made by George, @georgeT for a project that was abandoned a few years ago.

• Like 2