Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

Static grass and scenic really shows up well in this picture.

Thanks Peter, I've gone back to Woodlands Scenics for the Grass, although I also like Noch, but had trouble getting the Peco to stand up as it should. Also the fact that what your seeing is 7mm grass, and the other is 2mm and 4mm so the length / height of the blades obviously helps.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Looks like 33012 is negotiating its way down an abandoned branch line. Great picture Andy, superb attention to detail. :good::locomotive:

Thanks Julian, I do like over grown sidings. there is just something about them that appeals to me for some reason.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

33012 Arrives in Bridge End Sidings at Seven Mills.

DSCF4660.JPG.3e5c71d35d984c5c785270ccbd11dd1b.JPG

That looks very much at home in the undergrowth! Something I will need to master at some point, though our collective greenery is currently residing in Cam's garage. Plenty of structural work to do before any of that mind.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, D6775 said:

That looks very much at home in the undergrowth! Something I will need to master at some point, though our collective greenery is currently residing in Cam's garage. Plenty of structural work to do before any of that mind.

Thanks Al, George watch the demo Videos, on previous pages and has re named me PVA Peters, haha. Splodge it on and worry about it later.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Really like the video Andy the music was a bit quiet but it is ment to be background.  I do zoom sessions with some of the MERG guys.Normally it is what we call a coffee morning and we have a bit of a laugh too, however I have to do a talk on the DCC system next month.   A guy called Tim Coobs has come up with a frog juicer that will work with DC and DCC  I have some boards to make up. 

I find zoom sessions great. No drive,easy parking, what is not to like.

Don

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Donw said:

Really like the video Andy the music was a bit quiet but it is ment to be background.  I do zoom sessions with some of the MERG guys.Normally it is what we call a coffee morning and we have a bit of a laugh too, however I have to do a talk on the DCC system next month.   A guy called Tim Coobs has come up with a frog juicer that will work with DC and DCC  I have some boards to make up. 

I find zoom sessions great. No drive,easy parking, what is not to like.

Don

Cheers for the feedback on the Video Don, and glad you like the idea.

Unfortunately, I've had a play with the Sound, and I cant make it any louder, as that is the max Volume it was recorded from the cassette on. I do have some other ideas to try like re recording from the tape direct to the Computer and see how that works.

We have some good Zoom sessions and as you say, no driving, and especially when its snowing, haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers for the feedback on the Video Don, and glad you like the idea.

Unfortunately, I've had a play with the Sound, and I cant make it any louder, as that is the max Volume it was recorded from the cassette on. I do have some other ideas to try like re recording from the tape direct to the Computer and see how that works.

We have some good Zoom sessions and as you say, no driving, and especially when its snowing, haha

tape? Cassette? Things have moved on from a Commodore 64 you know :sarcastichand:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

7 hours ago, 47606odin said:

tape? Cassette? Things have moved on from a Commodore 64 you know :sarcastichand:

It was recorded back in about 2005 on a Boss 4 Track, over dubbed a few times, but that only goes into its own on board Tape deck. I have since bought a Digital converter, in which you place the Tape, and it transfers it to your Computer / Lap Top via USB. On the recording side, you can set the Volumes, which I think are about maximum. But I will need to re do the transfer and see if I can set the output from Tape higher, and the input to the Lap Top higher as well.

All good fun.:D

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, chickensoup said:

Morning Andrew 

How much space in your opinion is needed to construct a full circle in feet and inches to create a "roundy"?

I want to  know the radius please Traction will be class 47  ie: Co-Co wheel arrangement maximum.

Thanks

CS

There are a lot of factors to take into account . If it was just a circle at minimum radius for testing it would be less that a layout where there would need to be turnouts and therefore tracks on the outside (to go inside would be going below the minimum radius.

I presume you are considering finescale because a coarse scaale one would take a tighter curve.

Then again with the odd tweak or leaving the odd bit of detail off (usually to allow the bogies to swing further)  you can reduce the radius it needs. 

Then there are the coaches or the stock which can also affect the radius as can the couplings used.

A 12ft diameter would definitely be ok

A 10ft diameter would probably ok

An 8ft diameter could work  but couplings might need some tweaks

A 6ft diameter would need some tweaks 

A 5ft  diameter or less is probably only suitable for coarse scale

Don

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, chickensoup said:

Morning Andrew 

How much space in your opinion is needed to construct a full circle in feet and inches to create a "roundy"?

I want to  know the radius please Traction will be class 47  ie: Co-Co wheel arrangement maximum.

Thanks

CS

45 minutes ago, Donw said:

There are a lot of factors to take into account . If it was just a circle at minimum radius for testing it would be less that a layout where there would need to be turnouts and therefore tracks on the outside (to go inside would be going below the minimum radius.

I presume you are considering finescale because a coarse scaale one would take a tighter curve.

Then again with the odd tweak or leaving the odd bit of detail off (usually to allow the bogies to swing further)  you can reduce the radius it needs. 

Then there are the coaches or the stock which can also affect the radius as can the couplings used.

Don

Not wishing to contradict Don to much, but having had 4ft Radius / 8ft Diameter, a 47 would go around but not with Wagons in tow, especially not OAA / VAA types.  And even smaller Locos like the 25 did not work well when I tried all these in my previous Shed that was 8.5ft wide. 

The Class 25 would work with Dapol 16T Minerals but only just at 8ft.

I would guess at about 12 to 15ft min for decent Wagons and more for coaching Stock. if you want to run coaches behind a 47, and all assuming your using Peco Track. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Joner said:

You need some MCV's or MXV's to go in those sidings Mr P. Look good behind the 40 or 37. And some HEA's if Dapol ever get round to releasing them. :ok:

Paul

I did have some 16T Minerals, but to old for most of my Stock, so they went some time ago. I bet by the time the HEA's come out they will be over £100 the way some silly prices are going now.

TBH, some of the newer prices are pricing me out of O Gauge, even the Heljan Locos.

• Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Donw said:

Don

38 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Not wishing to contradict Don to much, but having had 4ft Radius / 8ft Diameter, a 47 would go around but not with Wagons in tow, especially not OAA / VAA types.  And even smaller Locos like the 25 did not work well when I tried all these in my previous Shed that was 8.5ft wide. 

The Class 25 would work with Dapol 16T Minerals but only just at 8ft.

I would guess at about 12 to 15ft min for decent Wagons and more for coaching Stock. if you want to run coaches behind a 47, and all assuming your using Peco Track. 

:o Sizeable then....!

Thanks for the help chaps.

CS

• Friendly/supportive 2