Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

No Gauge change mate, DON'T even go down that road, haha.

I forgot to photograph the Jinty when I had a run last week, it was just sitting in the yard simmering quietly away on its own.

I'll have a look at the Forest of Dean area, although more importantly, where is the nearest Mobil Charringtons Oil Depot?

Norwich.

• RMweb Gold

The Forest of Dean railways were closed in the 60s so no modern diesels ( a few green ones I think) so it would have to be a what if. Maybe all the better for that 

Don

• Like 1

The Forest of Dean railways were closed in the 60s so no modern diesels ( a few green ones I think) so it would have to be a what if. Maybe all the better for that 

Don

BUT some of the class 22s were Blue (under the dirt) and they visited, and I think there were also blue Hymeks right at the end.

Whilst on F o D the the Berry Wiggins depot, was at Whimsey (near Cinderford), always feels quite idyllic when applied to a train

of about 10 16te of coal plus typically 3 or 4 BW tankers behind a Pannier (or Cl14 or Cl22 depending on year).

BUT some of the class 22s were Blue (under the dirt) and they visited, and I think there were also blue Hymeks right at the end.

Whilst on F o D the the Berry Wiggins depot, was at Whimsey (near Cinderford), always feels quite idyllic when applied to a train

of about 10 16te of coal plus typically 3 or 4 BW tankers behind a Pannier (or Cl14 or Cl22 depending on year).

Tony this is O Gauge in a small Shed mate, there's only just enough room for me, haha.

• Like 1

I purchased 2 NEW DCC Cobolt Point Motors from DCC Concepts last Friday, DCP-CB1DiP, and they are now surplus to requirements, if anybody wants them at a fair price, they are as delivered, and un opened. They cost £24.95 each plus postage, so any reasonable deal will be considered. SOLD

Plus I have several Traintronic TT300 DCC Point Motors going quite cheap.

Please PM only.

Edited by Andrew P

Andrew a project I have in mind is an O gauge layout set in the Forest of Dean. Max length 10foot 6 inches. I have already bought a Dapol 57xx. It will be started when Louville Lane is finished.

Good Man Alan, welcome to the Dark side, it's not as bad over here as some people make out. :sungum:

• Like 1

Today I received a Class 47 in Blue from my friend Hugh Flynn. It will need Sounding, and Numbering, but that's a job for the new year, I hope.

In the meantime, it has to stay nice and warm in it's big blue Heljan box. :sungum:

Today I received a Class 47 in Blue from my friend Hugh Flynn. It will need Sounding, and Numbering, but that's a job for the new year, I hope.

In the meantime, it has to stay nice and warm in it's big blue Heljan box. :sungum:

Looking forward to seeing the beast on Saturday Mate...

• RMweb Gold

Hello All, I am new to the forum and have just taken up railway modelling after a 40 year break. I had a OO gauge layout when I was in my teens. My Dad cut the spare bedroom door in half like a stable door so we could access the layout and come up in the middle of the baseboard. I wish I had some photos of it now. The usual Triang/Hornby and a little bit of Wrenn.

I work for a local auction house and sold all my OO stuff there last year. Holiday reading has included a lot of railway modelling magazines in the last few months. A real revelation as to how technology has changed.  I have been thinking of what scale to start back with?  A trip to Warley last week convinced me to start in 7mm after seeing Heljan's 61xx. I came home clutching a bag of goodies from Rails and Dapol and this was added to with a trip to Hattons yesterday.

I intend to do a GWR Branchline (How original! LOL) with DCC control. 

I am going to the show at Gresley as this is just a few miles from where I live.

Cheers, Ade.

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Ade

Well welcome to the site and welcome back to the railway scene..... I'm glad that you have chosen to model in 7mm, personally I don't think that you will ever look back and I have modeled in 2mm & 4mm but I do like the 7mm scale and Andy's layout will show what can be achieved...... 

Jim

• Like 1

Hello All, I am new to the forum and have just taken up railway modelling after a 40 year break. I had a OO gauge layout when I was in my teens. My Dad cut the spare bedroom door in half like a stable door so we could access the layout and come up in the middle of the baseboard. I wish I had some photos of it now. The usual Triang/Hornby and a little bit of Wrenn.

I work for a local auction house and sold all my OO stuff there last year. Holiday reading has included a lot of railway modelling magazines in the last few months. A real revelation as to how technology has changed.  I have been thinking of what scale to start back with?  A trip to Warley last week convinced me to start in 7mm after seeing Heljan's 61xx. I came home clutching a bag of goodies from Rails and Dapol and this was added to with a trip to Hattons yesterday.

I intend to do a GWR Branchline (How original! LOL) with DCC control. 

I am going to the show at Gresley as this is just a few miles from where I live.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, I hope you'll be impressed with our large O Gauge Layout, Wychnor on Trent, and also we are in the process of re building the Dornoch Layout up stairs. Also on show this year we have Club Member, George Godfrey's Buxworth in ''O'' as well as exhibits in ''N'' and ''OO''..

I have modelled in ''N'', ''OO'', ''HO'' and now back again to ''O'' .

If you would like to make yourself know to any Club Member, I'm sure they will find me loitering somewhere, just ask for Andy Peters. Last year I was doing weathering Demos, as I have done several times, but since my Heart Attack in January this year I have taken more of a back seat.

Since 2010 I have exhibited many of my Layouts in N, OO and O. 

We also have our next Open Weekend on Easter Sunday / Monday.

Looking forward to meeting you Ade.

Edited by Andrew P

Ade

Well welcome to the site and welcome back to the railway scene..... I'm glad that you have chosen to model in 7mm, personally I don't think that you will ever look back and I have modeled in 2mm & 4mm but I do like the 7mm scale and Andy's layout will show what can be achieved...... 

Jim

Hi Jim, I agree that Ade will never look back, I still have a love for OO but I'm a committed O Man now, (well some say I should have been committed years ago, as I keep changing my mind)

I have a friend who, whenever he phones me, he says, This is the Modellers Help Desk, How can I help? haha. I normally reply that I'm beyond help of any kind. :stinker:

I used to be indecisive, now I just cant make my mind up. :no:  :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Thanks for the kind welcome guys.

Hi Andy, I hope to be at the show on Saturday morning. I will certainly make myself known to you

I will start a new thread with my layout ideas tomorrow.

Cheers, Ade.

Welcome back to 00 Gauge modelling. If you ever need a model shop....

• RMweb Gold

...  large O Gauge Layout, Wychnor on Trent, and also we are in the process of re building the Dornoch Layout up stairs. Also on show this year we have Club Member, George Godfrey's Buxworth in ''O'' as well as exhibits in ''N'' and ''OO''..

Not forgetting our G-scale layout!

Look forward to meeting you Ade and hope that you might like to join us.

Peter BB

Welcome back to 00 Gauge modelling. If you ever need a model shop....

Sorry Andy, it's NO ''OO'' for me at the moment mate.

Good luck with the Shop, I went into Barry's at Tutbury on Monday, (Tutbury Models), where I used to help out, and he said he was already busy with the run up to Christmas.

...  large O Gauge Layout, Wychnor on Trent, and also we are in the process of re building the Dornoch Layout up stairs. Also on show this year we have Club Member, George Godfrey's Buxworth in ''O'' as well as exhibits in ''N'' and ''OO''..

Not forgetting our G-scale layout!

Look forward to meeting you Ade and hope that you might like to join us.

Peter BB

AND THE CAKES, :O DONT FORGET ALL THE CAKES :sungum:  :sungum:  Peter, hahha

• Like 1

Did I mention our Clubs Open Weekend? :O 

All the fun starts 10am this Saturday. :sungum: 

Gauge O Guild will also be in attendance. :sungum:  :sungum: 

And the CAKES, :O  We will have LOTS of nice CAKES. :scared:  :sungum:  :sungum: 

aND mINCE pIES :no: 

post-9335-0-88180900-1544085164_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry Andy, it's NO ''OO'' for me at the moment mate.

Good luck with the Shop, I went into Barry's at Tutbury on Monday, (Tutbury Models), where I used to help out, and he said he was already busy with the run up to Christmas.

My comment was in response to Adrian’s return to 00 gauge. I will have 0 gauge in soon too Andy.

Yes things are picking up in the run up to Christmas. Lots of train sets selling in particular.

• Like 1