Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Having now seen Mr Peters new train set for real.

Steam, GWR, Forest of Dean inspired layout.

None of this "modern image" stuff.

Clive

DEMU Committee Member.

I cant think what you mean????? hahahaha. :no:

So, One more for luck.

post-9335-0-93079900-1544300624_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Thanks for a great day out Andy (and a big breakfast) it was a really good show as usual, well worth the trip down excellent hospitality also meeting up with Clive and Andrew and the visit to TOPS to run the locos....

Thanks for a great day out Andy (and a big breakfast) it was a really good show as usual, well worth the trip down excellent hospitality also meeting up with Clive and Andrew and the visit to TOPS to run the locos....

Cheers mate, I'm guessing you meant Ade, or was it me, hahaha. :no:

I made it to Swadlincote today. No Mr. P in sight but I had a nice chat with several of the club members.

I wish I had space for something like Wychnor!

Hi Duncan, and cheers, sorry to have missed you.

The intention was not to be there today unless I was working the Dornoch Branch.

As it transpired I could not have gone up anyway.

I had a call from my 94 year old Mother at about 4pm yesterday, to say she could not move and couldn't get out of the bathroom, (thank goodness for cordless phones and her walking trolly)

Dee and I went down there and ended calling the Paramedics as we couldn't move her, other than to the bedroom.

Once sorted we came home.

This morning I got a call at 9am from her carer to say she was worse, so I dashed down again, and stayed with her till 10-30, I then went back at dinnertime to feed her and sort out some other stuff.

I'm just about to head out again and do her tea, and then I'll go back about 9 and put her to bed, I may then sit down with a large whisky.

No Tripod, and black cover to go over your ead mate?

I've always found mine to be too cumbersome at exhibitions Andy, and the operators aren't too keen on the flash !

post-20303-0-93243500-1544376991.jpg

S.Miley

But Howes no longer do them, so I'm told.

If that is indeed the case then Heljan no longer make them.

I have a set of brass gears on order and a stock of plastic since I have 4 engines that have been affected. My view is that Heljan need to take responsibility for this. The recent interview in the GOG gazette seems to indicate that they accept that a problem exisited but that its undestood and fixed. It is disappointing that the interviewer did not press the point about Heljan's responsibility to exisiting purchasers under Sale of Goods Act.

I feel the GOG should attempt to take this up on behalf of its members but do not have the confidnce that it will with them suggesting that the brass gears being offerred provide a solution - which they do - but I dont feel its up to the purchasers of the orignal models to have to put their hands in their pockets to fix a problem of Heljan's making (even if the brass gears are a better alternative and hats off to Jim Snowden dor doing something about it).

Rant over!

Paul R

• RMweb Premium

I think it’s been done, anyway. Can’t remember who, what, where, when, but it’s been on the exhibition circuit.

Best

Simon

It was a Scale7 Midland small branch terminus layout 'Severn Mill' with an industrial feeder line largely built by Pete Kibble with input from some others including me. The rolling stock was Pete's with mostly my locomotives. It appeared on the exhibition circuit about 10 - 15 years ago. Edit, it first appeared in the late '90s - doesn't time fly??

Edited by Dave Hunt

It was a Scale7 Midland small branch terminus layout 'Severn Mill' with an industrial feeder line largely built by Pete Kibble with input from some others including me. The rolling stock was Pete's with mostly my locomotives. It appeared on the exhibition circuit about 10 - 15 years ago. Edit, it first appeared in the late '90s - doesn't time fly??

Thanks for the info Dave, Good job I left the ''R'' out of Severn.

As was mentioned some time back on this thread!

Dave

• Like 1