Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Look what arrived yesterday, needs numbers and Sound in the New Year.

attachicon.gifIMG_6364.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6366.JPG

I had one of Heljans first Class 47 releases on St Budoc back in 2010, and always wanted another .

attachicon.gifDSCF1018.jpg

Didn't stay in its box for very long. That is after you told us it would not come out till after Xmas. :no: :no: :no:

Didn't stay in its box for very long. That is after you told us it would not come out till after Xmas. :no: :no: :no:

I had a Visitor, :sungum:  If your REALLY GOOD, I might show it to you on Saturday mate :scared: .

Edited by Andrew P

Are the gears alright on this. One of mine failed!

Paul R

Hi Paul, I'm told it hasn't been run since new, (and knowing it's previous owner, I believe him) but one set of gears and Motor will come out anyway to allow for an OO Sound chip that I have in stock.

• Like 1

Hi Paul, I'm told it hasn't been run since new, (and knowing it's previous owner, I believe him) but one set of gears and Motor will come out anyway to allow for an OO Sound chip that I have in stock.

the fact it has never run, bears no indication as to whether the gears split. i have had to replace the ones in my 47 and 33 even though they never ran on a layout

Hi Andy,

47606odin is quite right.

The split gears can affect locos that have never turned a wheel!!!

The fact that this 47 is being reduced to one motor will give you some replacement gears anyway!!! ;)

Jinty ;)

Plus I saw that someone is making Brass replacements now for all the early Heljans.

Take care when deciding what number to give your Class 47. The roof details especially type and position of boiler port will restrict your choice if you want to be absolutely accurate.

What's accurate? :no:

Cheers Andrew, I'll leave the choice to my numbering Guru. If he gets it wrong I can blame him, hahaha. :sungum:

• Like 1

What's accurate? :no:

Cheers Andrew, I'll leave the choice to my numbering Guru. If he gets it wrong I can blame him, hahaha. :sungum:

Accurate is choosing a nice BR Blue 'Duff' to match which boiler port you've got on yours (Stones, Spanner or Clayton). You'd think they'd all be the same considering that the boiler compartment was designed to accept all three varieties, so they could be swapped around, even the ones built with no boiler (D1782 - D1836 & D1875 - D1900).

The 47's are a minefield, but I do love them ;)

Jinty ;)

Accurate is choosing a nice BR Blue 'Duff' to match which boiler port you've got on yours (Stones, Spanner or Clayton). You'd think they'd all be the same considering that the boiler compartment was designed to accept all three varieties, so they could be swapped around, even the ones built with no boiler (D1782 - D1836 & D1875 - D1900).

The 47's are a minefield, but I do love them ;)

Jinty ;)

Yeah glad to have one again, even just sitting there, they are impressive beasts

Just Scrambled Egg on Toast mate, washed down with a Mugatea.

When we first moved up to Scotland, I went for the full Scottish, huge oval plate with everything on it, including in the middle of the baked beans, a great slice of fruit cake, Clootie dumpling so I was told, odd but tasty all the same.

• Like 1

Firstly a great day at our Open Weekend, No Show from the GOG I'm afraid but we still all seemed to enjoy ourselves.

Many friends turned up, obviously George T, and Ian from Manchester, Ian K from Burton, Ade from Hartshorne, Tony / Mugabill from down Gloucester way and Clive Mortimore from the Lincolnshire Coast. plus many others

And finally a gift from Tony / Mullgabill, of some 7mm Cauliflowers, all I need now is to do the rest of the Allotment. Thanks Tony, really appreciated.

post-9335-0-32187900-1544297533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

Retiring back to TOPS as I was feeling a little knackered, and we had a look at some Visitors Stock.

George T's fablous Dutch 37, and superbly weathered (by Jintyman) Class 08.

post-9335-0-92969200-1544297940_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-82090700-1544298024_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-15341700-1544298089_thumb.jpg

And from Ian, a stunning Little Loco Co a BTH Type 1 Class 15.

post-9335-0-46693900-1544298185_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44978200-1544298351_thumb.jpg

And a mix of several generations of Motive Power.

post-9335-0-97463500-1544298477_thumb.jpg

Steam selection later.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15