On 14/10/2021 at 16:07, NHY 581 said:

I can totally understand your decision Tom but I cannot let it go without comment.

This layout is an abject lesson is how to achieve so much whilst keeping things so very simple. 

I would venture that this is one of the finest layouts of recent times and one which you should be very proud of indeed. 

Someone will undoubtebly be all the richer for it's acquisition. 

Rob. 

Without appearing too pedantic...................

'This layout is an abject lesson is how to achieve so much whilst keeping things so very simple.'

What you've said is the complete opposite of the sentiments you wish to express. 'Abject' means brought low, miserable, craven, degraded, despicable. I'm sure these are not the sentiments you wish to convey.

I know some are very sensitive with regard to having their grammar corrected, but, given that Tom's layout is an absolute object lesson in marvellous modelling, then I think the record should be set straight.

Kind regards, in the spirit of constructive criticism,

Tony. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Thank you Tony. I consider myself suitably publicly shamed. Post removed. 

A quiet Pm would have allowed me to quietly amend my error without further embarrassment. 

Rob. 

My apologies if what I've written has upset you,

Though there was certainly no intention to shame or embarrass you. 

Couldn't the post have just been altered, rather than deleted? You'd written it in good faith, after all. 

Did no one else PM you? 

Regards,

Tony. 

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

My apologies if what I've written has upset you,

Though there was certainly no intention to shame or embarrass you. 

Couldn't the post have just been altered, rather than deleted? You'd written it in good faith, after all. 

Did no one else PM you? 

Regards,

Tony. 

It has.  Had I noticed or if  someone else pointed it out then yes, it would have been amended therefore you would  have been denied the opportunity to illustrate the error quite so overtly. 

Yes, I could have amended it but you've sought to bring it to everyone's attention. You've made your point. I saw little benefit in amending my post thereafter. 

We all have knowledge of certain subjects which will be superior to that of others.  How that knowledge is imparted is equally as important as the knowledge itself. 

Subject closed. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

It has.  Had I noticed or if  someone else pointed it out then yes, it would have been amended therefore you would  have been denied the opportunity to illustrate the error quite so overtly. 

Yes, I could have amended it but you've sought to bring it to everyone's attention. You've made your point. I saw little benefit in amending my post thereafter. 

We all have knowledge of certain subjects which will be superior to that of others.  How that knowledge is imparted is equally as important as the knowledge itself. 

Subject closed. 

You say subject closed, and I respect that.

In hindsight, it would have been better to have just sent you a PM. That said, my knowledge of computer procedures is inferior to just about all.

It was not my intention to upset you, but, once again, my apologies if I have.

I'll say no more.

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

That said, my knowledge of computer procedures is inferior to just about all.

Having a quiet word is just common courtesy, nothing to do with "computer procedures". The bit that is to do with it, is using a PM as an option.

Or you could have just posted and said, "Did you mean object rather than abject?"

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2021 at 18:19, Tom F said:

I also have these available, part of the redundant plan to model Bala:

262812454_284540710293290_4789205053988732503_n.jpeg

The coaches have now been sold, and the layout is currently reserved for a potential buyer in the new year.

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 3

Well, for the moment I think it's time to sign off on this thread.

If the sale doesn't happen of the layout I'll do an update. I had hoped there might have been takers on the two bespoke kit/scratch built coaches. I might try ebay, but I don't want them to go for peanuts. Best to keep hold of them into the new year.

Thanks for all the support over the last three years.

Currently working on my next narrow gauge layout, this time set on the 'Mid Sodor Railway' circa 1937 which I'm hoping to make a start on over the festive break.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone.

Edited by Tom F
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 3

They do not have to go for peanuts on Ebay - you just need to describe them accurately - professionally built, not available RTR, suitable for.... - and price them accordingly. I have no use for non-corridor coaches or I would express an interest. But there will be a market for these coaches. 

I am sorry that you have had to sell the layout - it seemed to be rooted in a particularly deep emotional attachment for you. Maybe you feel the need to move on. But I hope that all your future ventures are just as successful. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

36 minutes ago, Tom F said:

Yes they are :)

I’m interested. Can you PM me an idea of what you want for them? Alsop needs some 7-plank mineral wagons and, given the time period I’m modelling, former PO wagons with former owners and new BR numbers are going to be the order of the day.

My only worries are whether former coal wagons would’ve been used on limestone traffic and (to a lesser extent) if Welsh wagons would be found in Derbyshire…

Edited by Tortuga
Clarity

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I’m interested. Can you PM me an idea of what you want for them? Alsop needs some 7-plank mineral wagons and, given the time period I’m modelling, former PO wagons with former owners and new BR numbers are going to be the order of the day.

My only worries are whether former coal wagons would’ve been used on limestone traffic and (to a lesser extent) if Welsh wagons would be found in Derbyshire…

From my research into PO's in the Yorkshire Dales 7 plank PO's were used for limestone traffic where the loading facilities at the quarries could accomodate them. Some used 5 plankers right till the end.  Without knowing the layout at the Derbyshire quarries I can't give you a definitive answer but certainly some of them such as the ICI hoppers to Tunstead were at least as high as 7 plankers.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Plenty of ex PO Welsh wagons used on the Cromford & High Peak in Derbyshire for Limestone. 

Jay

Not at all, and I’m happy to confirm the PO wagons are sold as are the two kit built coaches.

All that is left is one 57xx pannier and my Dcc Lenz system 

57xx £100

DCC Lenz system £200

• Round of applause 1

Some photos of 5742 from a few years ago.

As well as the weathering, the model has been detailed with:

Etched lamp irons,

Sanding gear,

New vac pipes,

Separate smokebox door dart,

Steam heating pipes

Etched working screw link couplings

Modelu crew fitted

0721E94A-B0C3-4C65-9D3C-5833193C3D16.jpeg

3FA0F84D-B671-4A62-8D7A-CAD1A5D0C0F2.jpeg

Edited by Tom F
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Tom F said:

Not at all, and I’m happy to confirm the PO wagons are sold as are the two kit built coaches.

All that is left is one 57xx pannier and my Dcc Lenz system 

57xx £100

DCC Lenz system £200

Great news Tom 

Pleased they have sold

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Have you upgraded from the Lens system then Tom or are your Sodor layouts static?

Gave up with DCC if I'm honest. The 009 layouts are all analogue, so the DCC system is something I'm keen to get rid of.

Regarding the next layout.... here is a sneak of the theme..... ;)

image.png.2e2887cf6509f006c82c280ff2614eeb.png

Corris Tan y Coed.jpeg

No.4 Corris Bridge.jpg

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2