TINGS 2018 - Dapol Stand

R1ch1ew

• RMweb Premium

Couple of shots from the Dapol stand, phone pictures so forgive the quality.  The lights in the cabinet were against me hence the reflections.

attachicon.gifIMG_1674.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_1675.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_1676.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_1677.jpg

I was impressed with the TPE Class 68 on show, quite a striking scheme:

attachicon.gifVOABIMHlS5WKEDDYctrzXQ.jpg

Tom. 

Thank you for posting the photos. 

The TPE 68 looks amazing. I will definitely be buying this one and hopefully 004 and 034 in DRS livery too. 

Just spotted what looks like a Class 50 undecorated sample next to the 68's. It looks to be the same size - were the 68's 'n' gauge or 'OO'?

Be interesting if they were, as it appears, 'n' gauge, as the liveries on show haven't been confirmed for 'n' yet.

• RMweb Gold

Just spotted what looks like a Class 50 undecorated sample next to the 68's. It looks to be the same size - were the 68's 'n' gauge or 'OO'?

Be interesting if they were, as it appears, 'n' gauge, as the liveries on show haven't been confirmed for 'n' yet.

All N Gauge. 

The 50 was tricky to photo due to the lighting in the case:

post-1467-0-62378300-1536519162_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-77175300-1536519168_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-33681200-1536519174_thumb.jpg

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 5

Only N gauge at TINGS... The show is based on N gauge. And yes those are yet unannounced Class 68s 

Were the buffers in the BR Blue Class 86 Oleo or the incorrect 'oval as per earliesr photos?

es grüßt

pc

Paint samples won't necessarily have the correct details. These do seem to be 2nd painted samples as there is a lot of improvement. Hoprfully Dapol will share some better images taken in their studio.

• RMweb Premium

The face of that 50 struck me as wrong. Comparing it to photos it became apparent that the fixed end of the jumper cable is way too low. It should be higher than the dummy receptacle and headlight, and those lamp irons are also still too low.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Having now seen the 50 EP's in the flesh it's looking promising. I still have concerns about the tumblehome being too shallow, and as Dave says the jumper cable needs moving up  a bit, but otherwise it's a good starting effort from Dapol. One of the EPs was doing circuits of the demo layout and the running seemed to be on a par with the Class 68. It was considerably quieter than the Hymek that was grinding it's way around!

Less said about the 142 the better though  :bad:

Tom. 

I visited the Dapol stand at the show and talked to the chap in charge of the class 50 project, who stated that it was still on course to be ready in February/March next year (2019). I asked him whether Dapol had considered producing a class 117 - his answer was to the effect that that was being considered, and that it is a matter of fitting it into the queue. If Dapol were to produce one of these, it would be quite splendid.

Also, I notice that nobody has mentioned the mark 3 sleepers due next year that were announced at the show. Those should be interesting.