Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

• RMweb Premium
On 11/03/2022 at 05:45, 47606odin said:

they’ll take a bit of fettling

Nicely understated way of putting it!

That finish is almost as bad as a railmatch rattle can :)

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 47606odin said:

that'll be bench cleaning, as it’s covered in weathering powders lol

Now call me tight, but I work on a new sheet of paper for each colour, and the residue goes back in the bottle!

Actually that's a lie. I re-use the same bit of paper.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, Hal Nail said:

Now call me tight, but I work on a new sheet of paper for each colour, and the residue goes back in the bottle!

Actually that's a lie. I re-use the same bit of paper!

lol

i try not to spread it everywhere, but you know how it is when  you start slapping it on

• RMweb Premium
Just now, 47606odin said:

lol

i try not to spread it everywhere, but you know how it is when  you start slapping it on

Actually joking aside, I dunk a brush in the powder, then dab it a couple of times on the paper before going to the model. I find the initial dab often leaves more tint, so easier to get an even finish that way.

Do you seal powders afterwards? I never do as the contrast between powders and paint finish is a nice effect but you do have to be careful picking things up (although that's probably no bad thing anyway!).

6 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Actually joking aside, I dunk a brush in the powder, then dab it a couple of times on the paper before going to the model. I find the initial dab often leaves more tint, so easier to get an even finish that way.

Do you seal powders afterwards? I never do as the contrast between powders and paint finish is a nice effect but you do have to be careful picking things up (although that's probably no bad thing anyway!).

generally yes, a coat of varnish. If I want a sheen on the paint then I dry brush satin or gloss varnish on the painted area to give a contrast in finish

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, things are moving forward again. 

56063 (as it will be) in construction sector (when I get the transfers) is on its way. No sign of 56099 (to be 56103) yet.

Also a Dapol sound fitted 122 (which I hope will run smoothly) is on its way to become a Route Learner in time. 

so plenty of modelling ahead, trouble is, all the OO stuff is clogging up the depot as I have no room to put them. 

Edited by 47606odin
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

56 on its way? Have they landed now, you use Hattons dont you?

yes, they have landed. I have shifted my main business to Kernow and Rails. One 56 has departed Kernows and is now in Australia, albeit over east, but noting from Rails yet regarding my other 56 I preordered. They haven’t shown any in stock so I’m a little concerned I might miss out, but Hattons haven’t listed any yet either

• Thanks 1

Bardon Hill nameplates ordered from Protoneo. Fox don’t do them in 7mm. Protoneo supplied me with Ramillies nameplate too, I ought to get round to fitting them and finishing off it’s weathering. So much to do, too much time spent collapsed on the sofa watching dross on the telly.

anyway, got to get on with ordering numbers now.

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

So much to do, too much time spent collapsed on the sofa watching dross on the telly.

I have been exactly the same. When you can't get the motivation to crack on its very difficult.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...